PDA

View Full Version : UofC Parking Tickets

steventru
04-16-2013, 02:14 AM
It seems that the parking patrol recognizes my car and in the last 30days they've been giving me a ticket every week! each time I've paid for parking.

The reasons on the tickets are " Right to park has been suspended" so either way if you pay or not, you'll get a ticket. My right to park was suspended 2 years ago and I wasn't getting any ticket up until now.

I was thinking of changing my license plate, does anyone know if that will work?

Thanks

colsankey
04-16-2013, 03:55 AM
They'll just change the license plate info on the ticket...

It sounds like you didnt pay for parking for awhile.. keep paying and fight the tickets you get in error.

holden
04-16-2013, 09:29 AM
How are they gonna know he changed his license plate, check his VIN? Unless he has some crazy exclusive car like a McLaren or a Veyron, I think there is no reasonable way for them to know he has a new car, unless they have access to the Alberta registry database.

I'm not sure the tickets are in error either, because he's essentially been banned from the parking lot.

[GaGe]
04-16-2013, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by steventru
It seems that the parking patrol recognizes my car and in the last 30days they've been giving me a ticket every week! each time I've paid for parking.

The reasons on the tickets are " Right to park has been suspended" so either way if you pay or not, you'll get a ticket. My right to park was suspended 2 years ago and I wasn't getting any ticket up until now.

I was thinking of changing my license plate, does anyone know if that will work?

Thanks

It worked for me.

turbotrip
04-16-2013, 09:59 AM
changing your plate does work yes

Kramerica
04-16-2013, 10:05 AM
Back into stalls. My right to park has been suspended and after the initial ticket I started doing that. I've never gotten a ticket since because those lazy fucks can't be bothered getting out of their vehicle and walking around to check the plates

woodywoodford
04-16-2013, 10:31 AM
Shit son, did you just not pay your tickets back then? I don't know how UofC does it, but UofA just withholds all university services if your ticket's past due (ie can't register for classes, sign out books, etc). Revoking parking privileges just seems like a dick move.

dubhead
04-16-2013, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by woodywoodford
Shit son, did you just not pay your tickets back then? I don't know how UofC does it, but UofA just withholds all university services if your ticket's past due (ie can't register for classes, sign out books, etc). Revoking parking privileges just seems like a dick move.

How do they get your info to withhold services? I didn't think the registries gave out personal info for parking tickets.

lasimmon
04-16-2013, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by dubhead

How do they get your info to withhold services? I didn't think the registries gave out personal info for parking tickets.

They only withhold services if the registered owner of the car matches a current student.

And yes they can check and cross reference with registries. At least they could when I went to U of A (grad 2010).

woodywoodford
04-16-2013, 03:41 PM
Yeah I forgot about that detail, I did have my car registered for a parking pass (just got tickets for using the wrong lots). I don't remember giving the parking agency my student info, but it wouldn't be hard to cross reference that part.

[GaGe]
04-16-2013, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by lasimmon

They only withhold services if the registered owner of the car matches a current student.

And yes they can check and cross reference with registries. At least they could when I went to U of A (grad 2010).

They threaten to do this at UofC too. Has anyone actually heard of this happening? I know people that have graduated with over $1000 worth of tickets.

tbomb
04-16-2013, 04:09 PM
My car is "subject to tow", but I've only gotten those $70 "parking has been suspended" tickets. Has any ones car actually been towed?

turbotrip
04-16-2013, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by [GaGe]

They threaten to do this at UofC too. Has anyone actually heard of this happening? I know people that have graduated with over $1000 worth of tickets.

yes this does happen, although its not very common. sometimes they will cross reference the registered owner with their student files and if it matches they will hold your graduation. but its rare that they actually cross-check

Originally posted by tbomb
My car is "subject to tow", but I've only gotten those $70 "parking has been suspended" tickets. Has any ones car actually been towed?

yes many people get towed

[GaGe]
04-16-2013, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by tbomb

Yep heard of people being towed, but I believe they only had to pay towing fee and that day's tickets on the spot.

nicknolte
04-16-2013, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by [GaGe]

Yep heard of people being towed, but I believe they only had to pay towing fee and that day's tickets on the spot.

I was dumb enough to get towed last week.

The tow fee is mandatory, but you have the option of paying any of your outstanding tickets. If you decide to pay all of them they'll write one off.

BandW
12-14-2014, 03:54 PM
Has anyone had their student services withheld? I have racked up at least $1200 in tickets and I can still register for courses and send out transcripts. I'm hoping I can keep this up until I grad next year.

Note: I park in the weirdest spots in lot 32 where tow trucks cannot pull in and take my car. Can't catch me sweatin'