PDA

View Full Version : ATV/UTV Insurance Companies Calgary/ Paying Per Year

2BLUE
04-29-2013, 05:11 PM
What companies are you guys with?

I'm waiting on a policy which could take up to 6 weeks, looking to make it a bit quicker. Intact must be crazy busy.

FraserB
04-29-2013, 09:12 PM
Did you go through Ray?

Boosted131
04-29-2013, 09:42 PM
I pay 140 a year for my renegade

Masked Bandit
04-30-2013, 11:09 AM
Six weeks for an ATV policy? No way. As long as you have regular auto insurance somewhere it should only take a couple of weeks. New ATV policies we write with Intact are done immediately. Policy documents are out in the mail the next day and then only a couple of days to your house.

If for some reason though your broker put you with Nordic, well that's a different story.

Boosted131
04-30-2013, 11:43 AM
Mines with Nordic and I got my policy instantly when I went in.

guessboi
04-30-2013, 11:48 AM
Nordic and RSA takes a while.
Intact can be done immediately.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
04-30-2013, 12:00 PM
I paid $240 a year with my Raptor 250 when I had it with Melocche Monnex.

master hec0
04-30-2013, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by FraserB
Did you go through Ray?

:werd: anything and everything I have done with him is done instantly even 5:30pm on a Sunday. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Masked Bandit
05-01-2013, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Boosted131
Mines with Nordic and I got my policy instantly when I went in.

Pink cards should ALWAYS be issued immediately from any company / broker. I thought the OP was talking about receiving the original policy document in the mail afterwards. Nobody waits for pink cards???

2BLUE
05-02-2013, 11:37 PM
Ya got it figured out, stupid lady errr.

Thanks guys!

This weekend is going to be busy!!!

sillysod
05-03-2013, 11:22 AM
I have house and 2 vehicles with TD. My son has a little Raptor 90 ATV I bought him and I called to get insurance put on it and was told they won't insure ATV's.

I remember talking to Masked at the time and he couldn't insure just a an ATV and told me most places will not insure just a kids ATV if you don't have your cars etc with them.

I am not going to switch insurance companies so I can put my 5 year olds quad on the policy for the 2 or 3 times a year we would go camping.

I know you can't get into McLean with out insurance / registration but does anyone know if they check at Waiparous? I want to take my little guy camping and he is going to want to bring his quad.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
05-03-2013, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by sillysod
I have house and 2 vehicles with TD. My son has a little Raptor 90 ATV I bought him and I called to get insurance put on it and was told they won't insure ATV's.

I remember talking to Masked at the time and he couldn't insure just a an ATV and told me most places will not insure just a kids ATV if you don't have your cars etc with them.

I am not going to switch insurance companies so I can put my 5 year olds quad on the policy for the 2 or 3 times a year we would go camping.

I know you can't get into McLean with out insurance / registration but does anyone know if they check at Waiparous? I want to take my little guy camping and he is going to want to bring his quad.

I've never been checked ever at Maclean Creek on long weekends, but I always had mine insured and registered just in case.

sillysod
05-03-2013, 01:03 PM
They do a spot check into McLean Creek on the road just past the cattle guards by Bragg Creek and the before the visitor center. It's been really bad the last couple years.

They check for booze and registration. We've taken the travel trailer out a lot and get searched every time. Never an issue but never brought a quad or much for booze with us.

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/news/photos/2009/05/18/cgy-mclean-creek.jpg

because white trash people leave it like this:

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/news/topstories/2010/05/21/tp-cgy-victoria-day-camping.jpg