PDA

View Full Version : Living on Residence (SAIT)

Vmack
05-26-2013, 11:19 AM
Gonna be moving to Calgary this fall for about 9 months on a program at SAIT. Just wondering what people think of the residence? I can be really picky so I plan to get my own room, which I can afford because my Regional Health Authority is paying for schooling and some of my housing costs.

Just wondering who has lived on res and how was the atmosphere? I'd like to do some partying but I'll need to actually do well in school since I'm being sponsored.

Also, what are important things to remember to bring with me that maybe is not so obvious and that I may forget otherwise

Sentry
05-26-2013, 11:51 AM
You still get your own room, even if you go for the broke ass option like I did. Just shared kitchen and bathroom with your "suitemate".

The accomodations themselves sucked and were expensive.

The atmosphere was fucking awesome. :)

If I were to do it again I'd try to get into one of those 4 room deals in the east tower, that way you get a FULL kitchen and a decently sized living room.

DeleriousZ
05-26-2013, 12:47 PM
I was in the 4 suite room for both years and I had a pretty good experience for both years for the most part. Dishes and shit can become a bit of an issue if your roommates aren't great but you can also request to be put with people if you know others that are going to be in res.

Vmack
05-26-2013, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by DeleriousZ
I was in the 4 suite room for both years and I had a pretty good experience for both years for the most part. Dishes and shit can become a bit of an issue if your roommates aren't great but you can also request to be put with people if you know others that are going to be in res.
Ya that's what I'm concerned about. Tidiness and when I need quiet to work and study. Since I know nobody other than some family in Calgary I don't really know anyone I'd request to room with

HiTempguy1
05-26-2013, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Vmack

Ya that's what I'm concerned about. Tidiness and when I need quiet to work and study. Since I know nobody other than some family in Calgary I don't really know anyone I'd request to room with

The 4 room is not worth the hassle then. One person being a lazy asshole (and lets face it, we're talking college aged bachelors here LOL!) will ruin it for everyone and there is nothing you can do about it. Living with one unknown person is bad enough usually...

Vmack
05-26-2013, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by HiTempguy1

The 4 room is not worth the hassle then. One person being a lazy asshole (and lets face it, we're talking college aged bachelors here LOL!) will ruin it for everyone and there is nothing you can do about it. Living with one unknown person is bad enough usually...
thats what I figured. I've had roommates before, and will be a few years older than the majority of the others I would assume as many of them may be straight out of high school. Besides if I am getting the majority of my residence costs covered I can cover the difference without any problems

zieg
05-26-2013, 05:56 PM
Ugh, I lived on res at BCIT and it was terrible. 12 guys to a house, 4 bathrooms, one living room and two kitchens (well, one big one but had 2 of everything). I ended up never doing anything there but sleeping.