PDA

View Full Version : Mazdaspeed spoiler on mazda3 hatch

muffzz
05-26-2013, 10:30 PM
I was thinking of installing a speed spoiler on my 06 hatch but I need a little help. Since the spoiler has the led brake light on it, I will have to remove the brake light compartment which is on my inside back window. What would be the easiest way to remove that? And will I have to drill any extra holes to make the spoiler fit?

Thanks.

Doozer
05-26-2013, 11:20 PM
Why would you have to remove the whole brake light compartment? If you don't want both brake lights on, just pull the bulb out of the old one. No need to make it more complicated than it needs to be.

As far as drilling holes for the spoiler, I can't answer that for sure, but I'd guess it's a yes.

muffzz
05-26-2013, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Doozer
Why would you have to remove the whole brake light compartment? If you don't want both brake lights on, just pull the bulb out of the old one. No need to make it more complicated than it needs to be.

As far as drilling holes for the spoiler, I can't answer that for sure, but I'd guess it's a yes.

Good idea I didn't think of that. Yeah because I don't want to have 4 brake lights that'll be weird. What would be the best way to cover the holes then? I'm guessing since I have to drill some then there will be a a need to cover 1-2 holes.

Thanks for the help.

danricenguyen
05-27-2013, 10:29 AM
You should get the mazdaspeed 3 exhaust, springs, and rear sway bar to complete the look. I have for sale in the FS section. :D

muffzz
05-27-2013, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by danricenguyen
You should get the mazdaspeed 3 exhaust, springs, and rear sway bar to complete the look. I have for sale in the FS section. :D

Sweet I'll check it out! I already have a borla cat back exhaust :) but I will look into the springs and sway bar!

FixedGear
05-27-2013, 01:11 PM
This would be a questions for Mazda3-specific forums. These forums are good, but there may be others:

www.mazda3forums.com
www.torontomazda3.ca/forum