PDA

View Full Version : Big ride August 8th - 13th

Go4Long
07-01-2013, 07:21 PM
**CANCELLED**

ddduke
07-01-2013, 08:58 PM
How many people do you have going? Where you boys staying? style of bike for most riders?

Good chance I'd be in.

Go4Long
07-01-2013, 09:28 PM
Just 2 so far confirmed, my buddy is a member here but never posts.

I'm riding an 03 R1, he's got a 05 Gixxer 1000.

Neither one of us are hooligans...I'm not saying we're saints either, but we're not looking to get ourselves on the evening news, and given the length of the trip and the length of the days we're not about to be pushing our limits.

adamc
07-02-2013, 12:27 PM
I'm not going if ddduke's going.

:poosie: :thumbsdow

Go4Long
07-02-2013, 04:09 PM
kids these days :poosie:

adamc
07-02-2013, 09:48 PM
Just bustin' balls, he's a great dude.

This looks like an amazing trip, just did a massive one myself earlier this year, almost 7000 miles solo across the states.

I would definitely be interested in meeting up for part or all of this.
I'm pretty sure my bike just sold though, and that makes me real sad. Will have to come up with a new ride before August.

Go4Long
07-02-2013, 10:30 PM
Sounds good...we're going regardless, just wanted to give people the opportunity to come along.

Like I said, Kalispell is a pretty easy and awesome day trip, and is a great town for anyone looking for a place to chill for the weekend. Another place with lots of good riding around...

And sooke has some incredible roads as well. I have a video of the road out to my mom's house out there, I was working on making the transitions work better and fixing the music tracks on it (which youtube killed) but then suffered a major Harddrive failure and haven't managed to recover the video files yet (I think they might still be on the camera though) either way...here's the video, nothing special, just an idea of what the roads are like out there. Highway 14 is the main road, hence all the traffic:

Ctbprp-6dGo

Go4Long
07-04-2013, 01:27 PM
reuploaded the video.

Trying to secure a GoPro or a couple of them for the trip...will be some awesome times.

Go4Long
07-05-2013, 12:36 PM
well shit...looks like my buddy might have to go to Toronto to deal with some family stuff, so unless someone else wants to come along I won't be doing the ride :(