PDA

View Full Version : U of C Math science parking

muffzz
07-01-2013, 10:53 PM
First time parker at the u of c. Does anyone know if parking here is free after 5 or 6 pm? I have a class in this building from 6pm-9pm and then again from 9am-12pm. Will I get a ticket if I park in the Lot 21 parking at 6 pm?

Or is there any free close parking nearby or any public parking around that area that anyone knows off.

Thanks.

J-D
07-01-2013, 11:40 PM
It's basically never free (well, it is between 11pm and 5am). Either park in one of the cheap lots like 10/11/32, or park on the street and walk a few blocks.

muffzz
07-02-2013, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the reply.

I was looking at the map for Lot 21 it says reserved/evening, so does that mean you can park there in the evening? or is it only allowed for the reserved people?

AzNxHyDrA
07-02-2013, 10:44 AM
Evening at the Reserved lots starts at 3:30 IIRC and it costs a flat rate similar to downtown evenings. The price goes up every year but I think evening is either 5.50 or 6 dollars.

muffzz
07-02-2013, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by AzNxHyDrA
Evening at the Reserved lots starts at 3:30 IIRC and it costs a flat rate similar to downtown evenings. The price goes up every year but I think evening is either 5.50 or 6 dollars.

Awesome thanks. But is anyone allowed to park there? I have class in that building at 6 and I was hoping I could just park in that Lot since my class is literally 1 min away.

AzNxHyDrA
07-02-2013, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by muffzz

Awesome thanks. But is anyone allowed to park there? I have class in that building at 6 and I was hoping I could just park in that Lot since my class is literally 1 min away.

Yes, sorry I didn't clearly specify it but anyone can park in the reserved lots in the evening.

Any of the lots that are Reserved/Evening have set hours during the day which makes the lot reserved. At 3:30pm or whenever Evening starts, the parking lot pay machines allow you to purchase tickets and the lots are no longer reserved so anyone can park there.

muffzz
07-02-2013, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by AzNxHyDrA

Yes, sorry I didn't clearly specify it but anyone can park in the reserved lots in the evening.

Any of the lots that are Reserved/Evening have set hours during the day which makes the lot reserved. At 3:30pm or whenever Evening starts, the parking lot pay machines allow you to purchase tickets and the lots are no longer reserved so anyone can park there.

Thanks a lot! Makes it a lot easier that I can park right in front of my class. Do you by any chance know how much it is to park after 5:30 pm? And also I have this same class on Saturdays at 9 am. I'm guessing that will be only for reserved people, correct?

GQNammer
07-02-2013, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by muffzz

Thanks a lot! Makes it a lot easier that I can park right in front of my class. Do you by any chance know how much it is to park after 5:30 pm? And also I have this same class on Saturdays at 9 am. I'm guessing that will be only for reserved people, correct?

I believe it is $6.00 after 3:30pm

AzNxHyDrA
07-02-2013, 12:25 PM
On weekends, the lots are not reserved and weekends and evenings have the same fee. As I have stated above, I think it will be $5.50 or $6.00 but I honestly just can't remember.

xnvy
07-02-2013, 01:37 PM
I've been parking there for a summer course. It's been a $7.00 flat rate for the whole day. This is on weekends and Wednesdays from 5-9 p.m.

muffzz
07-02-2013, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by xnvy
I've been parking there for a summer course. It's been a $7.00 flat rate for the whole day. This is on weekends and Wednesdays from 5-9 p.m.

Damn if I park there twice a week I'll be spending $112 bucks till mid August. So it's a $7.00 flat rate everywhere on campus?

speedog
07-02-2013, 04:57 PM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=u+of+c+parking

jltabot
07-02-2013, 05:50 PM
park at brentwood, or near ICT/EEEL on your way to brentwood and walk. or you could park by the university train station by the church and walk from there. you shouldn't have trouble finding a spot at either of those places i mentioned since its an evening class..and its summer.

muffzz
07-04-2013, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by jltabot
park at brentwood, or near ICT/EEEL on your way to brentwood and walk. or you could park by the university train station by the church and walk from there. you shouldn't have trouble finding a spot at either of those places i mentioned since its an evening class..and its summer.

Is the parking opposite EEEL free? I was just looking at the map that would be convenient. Also how long is the walk from brentwood to the MS building?

And is parking here free?

Thanks

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/4162/1kaj.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/401/1kaj.png/)

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/4561/iwv3.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/407/iwv3.png/)

xnvy
07-04-2013, 06:29 PM
The first picture, no. The second, IDK.

jltabot
07-04-2013, 09:17 PM
the first picture NO, the second picture YES, no restrictions there. most of the street parking in the second picture (in the surrounding neighborhood) is only in effect from 8-3pm or 8-5/6pm so if you have classes in the evening you should be fine. I should also mention, in the first picture, that road by the ME building in the top left hand corner is also free parking on the street. And walking from brentwood to ICT is about 10 mins.

FixedGear
07-04-2013, 09:24 PM
second picture, yes. I parked there for about 11 years. i would've never replied to your question except i don't work there anymore. :rofl: when I started in 2001, you could always find empty spots there, but somehow everyone learned about it and you had to come really early or really late to find a spot.

muffzz
07-04-2013, 09:42 PM
Awesome thanks a lot guys really really appreciate it! Yeah since it's summer I doubt it will be crazy full like a normal semester. Nothing better than free parking and saving a couple of bucks :D. Residential area is free all day Saturdays, correct?

FixedGear
07-04-2013, 09:45 PM
the church in the second photos also sells parking permits for their lots, you need to call to get on a waiting list though. There is also a FOB dude that owns a house on Castle that rents parking spots in his yard for $40/month (IIRC)

muffzz
07-04-2013, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by FixedGear
the church in the second photos also sells parking permits for their lots, you need to call to get on a waiting list though. There is also a FOB dude that owns a house on Castle that rents parking spots in his yard for $40/month (IIRC)

Awesome thanks I'll keep that in mind. I only need parking for 4 weeks, since that's how long my class is for and I think the residential area (which is free after 5-6 right) is where I plan to park.