PDA

View Full Version : Free parking around University of Lethbridge?

Ctystar
07-09-2013, 02:46 PM
Hey guys, I am in the process of checking in for living on campus. Instead of paying $300 for parking, is there any free parking around the campus or outside the campus? I wont be driving around too much. maybe once a week lol

ercchry
07-09-2013, 02:49 PM
dunno if it change, but back in the day enforcement was weak. you'd get a ticket once a week on average, it was $10... you could just park in any lot you wanted and take your chances, which was great if you had classes all over the damn place.

but no, even the lots are miles away. if you live on the west side, i'd ride a bicycle when its warm and take your chances on parking when its not

bastardchild
07-10-2013, 05:58 PM
Park at the church close by. They patrol like hawks right now. There is the odd day when the parking meter doesn't work so I'll pass on buying a ticket and I get effed.

Chantastic
07-30-2013, 11:17 PM
If you actually use a parking pass there and park everyday, it works out to be stupid cheap in lot N. I barely used mine, sadly. However, I did keep it and used it long after expiry, just tilted it at an angle so it was harder to read the expiry date from the outside of the car (it helped that my window had the blue tint at the top of it). I'd come back, and all the cars around me also with expired passes would have tickets, but not mine ;)

I only got a ticket there once when I didn't have my expired pass on. It was $15. As bastardchild said, park on the street by the Church on the West side. There is a KFC there, Pop's pub, and Shoppers Drugmart. Not sure if you can park all day IN the Shoppers drug mark parking lot right there as well...might wanna check into that. Just be careful if it's a super, super, windy day - don't park on that street. I've seen signs from DQ and surrounding apartment gutter pieces get ripped off by the wind and go flying down the street!

From that area, it's about a ten to fifteen minute walk to get to the gym/education building.

dandia89
08-01-2013, 12:04 AM
park at brentwood early morning ~7-7:30 for your 8am class. Have a later class?

Park at brentwood reserved parking at 10-10:15 am

BerserkerCatSplat
08-01-2013, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by dandia89
park at brentwood early morning ~7-7:30 for your 8am class. Have a later class?

Park at brentwood reserved parking at 10-10:15 am

There's a Brentwood in Lethbridge? ;)

elite
08-01-2013, 10:45 AM
When I was there right across university drive where the four plex's are is where people used to park. Not in the parking lot but rather on the residential street. Saw cops there a few times but not sure what you could be ticketed for as long as you dont park in a no parking zone. Its about a 5 minute walk from there to the PE building, anderson and markin. 10 minutes to u-hall from the outside and about 15-20 from the inside. If that place is full just go on block down on mcgill and park on the next street. There is a walkway that goes through behind the houses and it only adds a few minutes to your walk.

The church started selling cheap parking passes to I believe.

edit..
Just saw that you were living on campus and looking for parking for your car. If I were you I would just park on campus then and get a pass. Leaving your car off campus for a week would be pretty risky.

Ctystar
08-01-2013, 02:21 PM
Why would it be risky If I am parking in residential street?
I really dont want to fork out another 200ish for school just to park.

And how much are parking pass at the church?

elite
08-05-2013, 11:07 AM
Not sure how much the passes at the church are I am assuming they would be a lot cheaper then actual passes.

Which res are you going to be living in?

speedog
08-05-2013, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Ctystar
And how much are parking pass at the church?
Call them? :dunno:

Ctystar
08-07-2013, 04:09 AM
Pikani 4 room apartment.
Any tips in getting into frat parties:p ?