PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Night Meets

Freedom69
07-27-2013, 06:12 PM
I've heard it mentioned in other threads that there's Meets on Saturday Nights at Timmies or A&W on Barlow, or other places.

Does anyone know of any tonight and which locations if so?

I don't get many Saturday nights to go cruising and hope to see and talk to some people with the same obsession...

Thanks for any info...

roll_over
07-27-2013, 06:19 PM
It's been years since I went to a meet at timmies but all I remember is tons of cops pulling people over for anything.

Sentry
07-27-2013, 06:39 PM
Barlow tims is friday and saturday nights.

Freedom69
07-27-2013, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Sentry
Barlow tims is friday and saturday nights.

Perfect, thanks.

eglove
07-27-2013, 07:26 PM
just don't turn left where you're not allowed to turn left

Boosted131
07-28-2013, 01:11 AM
I was there, it was pretty packed

LSChevelle
07-28-2013, 02:57 AM
Yea lots of cars there tonight, coming and going. What were you guys driving?

Shlade
07-28-2013, 03:27 AM
Was yours the red Chevelle in the back with the black stripes?

Freedom69
07-28-2013, 07:17 PM
I was in a Black CTS-V with my buddy in a Green Aristo. Had to leave early at 10ish, but I'll be back.

Pretty good meet actually. I haven't seen some of them since the Deerfoot Mall and Willy's meets from days gone by.

Perfect location in the industrial area because its a ghost town on the weekends...

LSChevelle
07-28-2013, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Shlade
Was yours the red Chevelle in the back with the black stripes?

Yup, that was mine.

Ah must have missed you Freedom69, we rolled in around 11ish.

Shlade
07-29-2013, 02:21 AM
Very nice car. Could use a wet sand and polish though.. Who did your paint?

Dalking
07-29-2013, 02:37 AM
Barlow, lol.
16 year old gangsters that cause extreme drama, do burnouts, drifting, trash the parking lot with garbage and go cruising around the city at 200km/h cutting people off in traffic, causing accidents....like the two guys from the northeast tims in temple in a silver corvette gransport that hopped a curb and then took the car out by racing a dodge neon on deerfoot and slamming into the center meridian. place is a fucking joke. All they do is talk shit about the other groups and do stupid things.

Shlade
07-29-2013, 02:51 AM
Still a good time when you have nothing better to do on a Saturday and feel like going for a drive to get a coffee and talk cars with some people.

There still are people who aren't douches that go there ya know lol. But my oh my has the scene changed ill agree with that..

Offroad
07-29-2013, 03:34 PM
It has gotten a lot better since older guys showing up with domestic/muscle cars ........hell whole families with little kids and dogs showing up now......stay out of the center it's all good.

The old rumors about what it used to be like are fading fast and a lot less drama. Trust me if it was still like that I wouldn't still be going there, or you would be reading about me in the Calgary Sun for strangling some douche asshole.

But its up too you, show up.....if you don't like it don't come again,but come get your own opinion .

It's no worse and maybe better than whats been going on at the latest Beyond meets, but again stay out of the center lot, there is the odd monkey acting up but they usually leave pretty quick in a cloud of smoke.

If it happens too much the a cop may cruise thru too remind everyone to play nice....never seen tickets written or harassment unless warranted.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/p480x480/944246_10201423802454381_595686218_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/988626_10201423794414180_1473300112_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/944558_10201469679441277_1093338121_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/p480x480/1002320_10201469687801486_982855885_n.jpg

Shlade
07-29-2013, 03:46 PM
Yup now that the older crowds started showing up its been pretty good.

One of these days ill actually Sparta kick one of the guys blasting around on the stupid little mini bike.. It's such a perfect vision in my head

Offroad
07-29-2013, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Shlade
One of these days ill actually Sparta kick one of the guys blasting around on the stupid little mini bike.. It's such a perfect vision in my head

That doesn't just happen at Tims, I have one that buzzes up and down my street.....

If I catch him coming up the street while in my winter beater I'm planning to pull outta the parking spot and pull in front of him. Good luck him charging me while doing something illegal .....

Oops didn't see the little shit on his little bike officer. :devil:

Hallowed_point
07-29-2013, 06:38 PM
^^^ LOL :D Yeah those things are really obnoxious

Freedom69
07-29-2013, 07:40 PM
To each their own...

I work up North, so when I'm home I love to hit every Meet or cruise I can, and the Timmies meet on Saturday was pretty good IMO.

It's the other end of the spectrum. Chinook is very public, therefore people should be on their best behaviour. Check out the cars and let the noise come from the RC Drifters. I've only done a couple drive thru's but will eventually stop to meet some of you.

Grey Eagle is in the Middle where it's not a sin the make a bit of noise and often get requests to hear someone's motor rev a bit. Great car people talking cars, love this group so far and very friendly coming up to welcome new people.

The Timmies Meet is in an empty Industrial area due to it being the weekend where there is no one to complain, except the people at the Timmies itself. It was obvious immediately they had no problem when they asked what I was driving when I ordered my coffee, and replied "Sweet" after I answered.

It's a car meet with a little from the old days mixed with a little New School. I think it's great and look forward to hitting more when home. The Streets are pretty much empty and when I left, of course I lit it up a bit once out of the lot, and the Police that were sitting just across the street and down a bit the entire time watching, gave the same thumbs up they gave the others before me. As long as people stay controlled and have good clean fun, they didn't seem to have any interest in stepping in.

I think it's great to have such a great selection of meets for the different types out there...

Offroad
07-30-2013, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Freedom69
To each their own...

I work up North, so when I'm home I love to hit every Meet or cruise I can, and the Timmies meet on Saturday was pretty good IMO.

It's the other end of the spectrum. Chinook is very public, therefore people should be on their best behaviour. Check out the cars and let the noise come from the RC Drifters. I've only done a couple drive thru's but will eventually stop to meet some of you.

Grey Eagle is in the Middle where it's not a sin the make a bit of noise and often get requests to hear someone's motor rev a bit. Great car people talking cars, love this group so far and very friendly coming up to welcome new people.

The Timmies Meet is in an empty Industrial area due to it being the weekend where there is no one to complain, except the people at the Timmies itself. It was obvious immediately they had no problem when they asked what I was driving when I ordered my coffee, and replied "Sweet" after I answered.

It's a car meet with a little from the old days mixed with a little New School. I think it's great and look forward to hitting more when home. The Streets are pretty much empty and when I left, of course I lit it up a bit once out of the lot, and the Police that were sitting just across the street and down a bit the entire time watching, gave the same thumbs up they gave the others before me. As long as people stay controlled and have good clean fun, they didn't seem to have any interest in stepping in.

I think it's great to have such a great selection of meets for the different types out there...

Well said ........:thumbsup:

Hallowed_point
07-30-2013, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Offroad

Well said ........:thumbsup:

I also agree..different meets for different crowds.