PDA

View Full Version : Who will insure just a dirtbike ?

Boosted131
09-24-2013, 03:47 PM
I called State Farm and they quoted me $110 for my bike, sounds good right?
So I wrote my letter to cancel my current policy.
Called State Farm back to start the new policy and now they say I must insure a real vehicle with them as well. Got a quote for my trucks and toys and everything else was a lot higher... So now I'm stuck looking for another company

Modelexis
09-24-2013, 03:56 PM
I use blue circle and I think they go through Royal & SunAlliance.

You could try them.

DeeK
09-24-2013, 04:19 PM
Try Rogers insurance, they are a broker that will find you the cheapest prices, and the options you need. I was with them for years.

Or just go one step above that and ask maskedbandit. Insurance guru FTW

quick_scar
09-24-2013, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by DeeK
Try Rogers insurance, they are a broker that will find you the cheapest prices, and the options you need. I was with them for years.

Or just go one step above that and ask maskedbandit. Insurance guru FTW

Skip Rogers. Not happy with their customer service. I was looking for a quote on a street bike and it took their rep days to get back to me. Finally got tired of waiting and messaged Masked Bandit here and filled out the forum on the website. I had my answer within hours.

When my insurance comes up for renewal, I will definitely be switching companies.

guessboi
09-24-2013, 04:41 PM
Dirt Bike = RSA Facility / Nordic or State Farm.

DeeK
09-24-2013, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by quick_scar

Skip Rogers. Not happy with their customer service. I was looking for a quote on a street bike and it took their rep days to get back to me. Finally got tired of waiting and messaged Masked Bandit here and filled out the forum on the website. I had my answer within hours.

When my insurance comes up for renewal, I will definitely be switching companies.

Weird, I never had that issue, Roger's always got back to me within an hour or two.

Unknown303
09-24-2013, 07:27 PM
Call touchstone insurance. I had just a bike insured through them.

Masked Bandit
09-24-2013, 08:00 PM
Stand alone bike policies aren't real attractive, I'm not going to lie to ya. Why wouldn't you just run this with whomever you have your regular home & auto stuff with?

Boosted131
09-25-2013, 10:26 AM
It's because they were charging the same for my dirtbike as they are for the street bike which I don't think is right.

Tarrantula
09-25-2013, 10:35 AM
Well both could be run on the street - same risk to drivers around you - seems fair to me.

Boosted131
09-25-2013, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Tarrantula
Well both could be run on the street - same risk to drivers around you - seems fair to me. Both cannot be run on the street... It says OHV right on the registration.

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-15-2013, 02:53 PM
Blue Circle specializes in bike insurance, local to Calgary, run through a bunch of different companies. They also beat TDMM for my car insurance. I have bike/car/home insurance through them. Can't hurt to call?

Touchstone is my second recommendation. While they weren't able to match the quote, they were amazing to deal with.

Traffic_Cop
10-22-2013, 07:50 AM
Try Lundgren & Young on Horton Rd, they do lots of RV's, bikes, boats etc.