PDA

View Full Version : Best place for 3M film?

koala
10-01-2013, 01:39 PM
My wife's GLK is arriving in a few weeks and I'd like to have a nice 3M film application performed. It seems like most places just want to use a kit, but I'd really like to find a shop who takes the time to wrap the film so that it looks clean.

Any recommendations?

Tried to search but of course 3M is one letter too short to search for :D (although did find some good recommendations on tint anyway!)

osspasha
10-01-2013, 01:43 PM
I got mine done at icon tinting, they used a kit, but am sure the store owner can wrap it for u, he does a really good job.

AudiPWR
10-01-2013, 01:46 PM
Ndgraphics. There isn't another place...cheapest and most professional.

Edit: didn't read your post, I thought you just needed material.

AudiPWR
10-01-2013, 01:47 PM
Thompson graphics if you want it applied.

ExtraSlow
10-01-2013, 01:49 PM
The Kits are very good. Not sure that there is any gain in getting it done from a full roll.

koala
10-01-2013, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
The Kits are very good. Not sure that there is any gain in getting it done from a full roll.

Every kit I've ever personally witnessed always has a gap at all of the edges. Even the $1,500 kit direct from the dealer has these gaps, which is why I wanted to look a little further.

Modelexis
10-01-2013, 01:56 PM
The reason for the gap is it will peel and curl over time if you try to wrap it all the way to the edge.

Also, to trim it right to the edge would require a very sharp knife putting significant pressure which typically results in damage to the paint during the trimming process.

Not an issue with most graphic vinyl since it's quite thin but 3M film for protection is very thick and is very hard to trim.