18. Max Chilton Marussia
19. Giedo van der Garde Caterham
20. Charles Pic Caterham
21. Jules Bianchi Marussia
22. Adrian Sutil Force India

rob the knob
10-12-2013, 07:28 AM
Webber: A bit of a hollow pole

The Aussie was the man to beat in qualifying for the Japanese GP, setting the pace early in Q3.

As his rivals put in a last gasp attempts to knock him off his perch, Webber responded with a 1:30.915 thereby extending his advantage.

He finished 0.174s up on Vettel, who was hindered by KERS issues on Saturday.

"The laps weren't too bad to be honest, you always a little bit more here and there but in general it was pretty good," said Webber.

"Sebastian had a problem in qualifying so a little bit of a hollow, hollow, hollow pole position if you like but he still do a phenomenal lap.

"But I'm happy to be on pole. You have to grab the opportunities when you can and still put the laps in."

The P1 also marked Webber's first pole position at Suzuka, which he says is a fitting farewell to a track that he loves.

"It was a bit of a mixed session everyone was throwing Options and Primes all over the joint in Q2, people were on scrubbed and unscrubbed and it was a bit of a mixed session in terms of trying to predict who was showing their hand.

"But in the end we did the laps when they counted and that was what was important.

"Very nice farewell for me to have pole here on my last attempt at Suzuka on a really phenomenal circuit.

"I'll never forget the first sector here today, it's what us guys strive for."

ottamania
10-12-2013, 10:27 AM
Good for webber. Freakin Alonso no where near the top 5 but he always has good starts compared to Webber and some others. Happy with Massa for outqualifying Alonso for the 4th time. Hopefully he finds a competitive car for next year to give hard time to Ferrari.

I thought Mercedes was gonna grab the 1-2 but didn't happen.

Edit: i think the finger boy was favored. I was hoping webber for P1. Good race for Grosjean. Bad luck for Hamilton.

bart
10-13-2013, 07:11 AM
awesome

http://deadspin.com/lewis-hamilton-plays-with-his-balls-shakes-sebastian-v-1444410640/@matthardigree

wonder if tire slash was accident during the race in that case ;)

CapnCrunch
10-17-2013, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by bart
awesome

http://deadspin.com/lewis-hamilton-plays-with-his-balls-shakes-sebastian-v-1444410640/@matthardigree

wonder if tire slash was accident during the race in that case ;)

Lol. :rofl: