PDA

View Full Version : Northern AB or Edmonton sub-forum?

EM2FTL
10-25-2013, 09:15 AM
With 780tuners having officially jumped the shark this week, I'm curious if Beyond would be interested in setting up a Northern AB or Edmonton sub-forum under the Regional/Clubs forum. A number of us already have accounts and would likely make the switch.

ercchry
10-25-2013, 09:18 AM
there goes the neighborhood...

pheoxs
10-25-2013, 10:10 AM
Wouldn't be too bad of idea actually. For local Edmonton and area events / meets etc

SR54RNR
10-25-2013, 11:02 AM
I think there are enough people from Edmonton that enjoy what beyond is all about, and would like to have an Edmonton sub forum for local related topics.
This doesn't need to be about members "jumping ship" or "stealing traffic from an Edmonton-based forum".

JustinL
10-25-2013, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by EM2FTL
With 780tuners having officially jumped the shark this week, I'm curious if Beyond would be interested in setting up a Northern AB or Edmonton sub-forum under the Regional/Clubs forum. A number of us already have accounts and would likely make the switch.

Haha I like the way you think!

Inzane
10-25-2013, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by JustinL
Haha I like the way you think!

^ Here, here!! :thumbsup:

Mibz
10-25-2013, 12:00 PM
For now I think you guys should just post in the existing Beyond forums, wherever the topic fits. If there are enough Edmonton-specific threads then there would be reason for their own forum.

Look at the Southern AB forum we've got, it's pretty dead, but that doesn't mean we don't have people from Lethbridge and Medicine Hat on here.

D'z Nutz
10-25-2013, 12:19 PM
I agree. Show us there's a need for an Edmonton-specific section and it will be added eventually. It doesn't work very well if we add the section and we wait for content to populate it.

Cos
10-25-2013, 12:31 PM

EM2FTL
10-25-2013, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
I agree. Show us there's a need for an Edmonton-specific section and it will be added eventually. It doesn't work very well if we add the section and we wait for content to populate it.

I see where you're coming from, but this seemed like an opportune time to make a new home for 780tuners refugees (we're still waiting on our Federal DFAIT claim).

Lethbridge and MH don't have anywhere near the population of Edmonton, and as noted we're undergoing some significant changes to our home forum.

"If you build it, they will come" ;)

DeleriousZ
10-25-2013, 12:39 PM
I do the same thing as Cos. log on, new threads, scroll till I find something that sounds interesting, enter, read, post, close, clear new threads, done.

ercchry
10-25-2013, 12:46 PM
i wouldnt mind an edmonton sub-forum.... if said area didnt show up in the new posts feed :poosie:

Mibz
10-25-2013, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by EM2FTL
I see where you're coming from, but this seemed like an opportune time to make a new home for 780tuners refugees What you're saying here is that you want to join Beyond but don't want to integrate, you want your own special place.

Why? Everybody here (ercchry excluded, lol) would love to have you guys, but we don't need to change anything for you to fit in. Just start acting like giant faggots in the existing forums and nobody will even notice you're from Edmonton.

Cos
10-25-2013, 01:15 PM

ercchry
10-25-2013, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Cos

I am confused, did you just call us ALL Giant Faggots except for Eric or was that just the way I took it. LOL

i'll take it :rofl:

EM2FTL
10-25-2013, 01:50 PM
LOL.. fair enough. I'll get on this right away!

Mibz
10-25-2013, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Cos
I am confused, did you just call us ALL Giant Faggots except for Eric or was that just the way I took it. LOL Let me be perfectly clear.

BEYOND IS FULL OF GIANT FAGGOTS.
NOT FAGGOTS WHO ARE ALSO GIANTS. JUST GIANT FAGGOTS.
IF YOU WANT TO FIT IN, ACT LIKE A GIANT FAGGOT.
ERCCHRY IS THE GIANTEST FAGGOT OF THEM ALL.

turbotrip
10-25-2013, 02:16 PM
start making a bunch of edmonton specific threads with the word "Edmonton" in the title and im sure you will get ur subforum quickly enough

ercchry
10-25-2013, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
Let me be perfectly clear.

BEYOND IS FULL OF GIANT FAGGOTS.
NOT FAGGOTS WHO ARE ALSO GIANTS. JUST GIANT FAGGOTS.
IF YOU WANT TO FIT IN, ACT LIKE A GIANT FAGGOT.
ERCCHRY IS THE GIANTEST FAGGOT OF THEM ALL.

with that logic... im still better at being what you have labeled us all as than anyone else... so ercchry>mibz :poosie:

Tik-Tok
10-25-2013, 03:21 PM
I think the only need for a sub-forum would be for threads such as "Good place to get (insert service based industry here)?".

Even then I doubt 90% of Edmontardians posting would even use it.

shakalaka
10-25-2013, 04:19 PM
For what it's worth, now that I live in Edmonton a lot, I wouldn't mind an Edmonton section.

buh_buh
10-25-2013, 05:03 PM
its worth nothing

EK9Hatch
10-25-2013, 05:04 PM
Here's my opinion.

It all depends on what Beyond wants as a forum. Up until now, it's been recognized as a Calgary based forum. But with the recent negativity 780Tuners has because of ridiculous moderation and rules, Beyond could have the opportunity to expand it's members base to a larger geographic base. A lot of senior members are sick of putting up with the horrible management of 780Tuners and are looking else where for a somewhat local forum. This could open the door to Beyond to become a Alberta based forum, instead of just Calgary and surrounding areas. But like I said, it's Beyond's decision. They might be happy with the current situation and are not interested in expanding the forums image.

Just my 2 cents.

Mibz
10-25-2013, 05:24 PM
The only thing required for Beyond to become an Alberta-wide forum is for people from Edmonton to post here. Full stop.

buh_buh
10-25-2013, 05:28 PM
Where does it say that Beyond is strictly a Calgary forum?
It's not like there's a Calgary section of the forum or is Calgary anywhere in the forum name. The only reason it's a Calgary based forum is because the majority of its members are based in Calgary. Want to make it an Alberta wide forum? Do what Mibz says and get more people from Edmonton to join.

eglove
10-25-2013, 05:29 PM
Should be called the Mark Seto sucks subforum

Cos
10-25-2013, 06:13 PM

Victorious Secret
10-25-2013, 08:26 PM
After the shit show of the past two days, it doesn't surprise me that people are asking for a Edmonton sub-forum.

Not that I care, maybe one for Edmonton specific events and services and vendors and what not, but I don't mind things as they are now.

Mark Seto and co. have done a nice job fucking everything up. He wants to change how a forum itself works. This is the guy who instituted the "No pictures/GIF for replies" rule. Come on!

This is the guy who, in a off topic and 'private' section of the forum made a post saying we're not allowed to criticize how the site is run. Anyone else find that exceptionally bizarre?

JRSC00LUDE
10-25-2013, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
The only thing required for Beyond to become an Alberta-wide forum is for people from Edmonton to post here. Full stop.

Stop being sensible, logical thinking makes my panties damp.

btimbit
10-25-2013, 11:14 PM
Finding myself in Edmonton more and more lately. I'd love to have more members from there. But I don't see the need for a sub-forum except in the events section. It's not like any of the other forums state they are Calgary specific

brandon
10-26-2013, 09:29 AM
There have always been lots of Edmonton users on beyond.. I have personally never had an account on 780T.

I don't really see beyond as just a Calgary forum? the majority of threads that are posted affect either all of Alberta or Canada wide any who.

Albertosaurus
10-26-2013, 12:28 PM
Do it !!

780tuners blows.

blairtruck
10-26-2013, 03:00 PM
i have some edmonton qustions on getting some work done.

btimbit
10-26-2013, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by blairtruck
i have some edmonton qustions on getting some work done.

Post 'em:dunno: There's nothing saying any forums here are Calgary specific, jump right in