beecue
11-04-2013, 05:52 PM
tI1F-Qv4mww

Uncompressed video...

http://www.killzone.com/kz3/blog/news/2013-11-04_new-hq-footage.html

1xdpSw8aaEE

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7292/10679370524_eb06350435_o.gif

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7329/10679520993_b615bc1244_o.gif

:drool: This game looks so sick. Who is picking it up with the PS4? It's pretty much the only reason why I am getting a PS4. I just hope the game is balanced. KZ3 was terribly balanced.

ZEDGE
11-04-2013, 06:00 PM
The only actually impressive looking next gen game so far imo. :thumbsup: Didn't pre order a PS4 though, kicking myself for putting it off. Will take my chances I guess. Getting KZ for sure.

Pretty much this.

http://img.pandawhale.com/44925-Shut-up-and-take-my-money-gif-OQjH.gif

Any new maps released will be free to download also according to Guerrilla.

Stealing my post from the VS thread.

Eurogamer preview of Killzone.

_nwodEWQinI

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2823/10497262856_aeb43d977c_o.gif
http://i.minus.com/iOStrW5EylCe6.gif

More screen grabs. Uncompressed PNGs.

http://images.gamersyde.com/image_killzone_shadow_fall-23538-2660_0005.jpg

http://images.gamersyde.com/image_killzone_shadow_fall-23538-2660_0004.jpg

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/737/1s9a.png

Phl0xed
11-04-2013, 07:18 PM
I have never personally played a KZ title before, but the more I read about Shadow Fall, the more excited I am for it. It looks absolutely stunning, too! I really can't wait to get my hands on this game! Hoping the multiplayer is a blast, too!

beecue
11-05-2013, 04:57 PM
It's pretty fun but like I said the last game wasn't balanced. For example, mechs had unlimited which made maps that they appeared on very unbalanced. I'm really pumped that they added Search and Destroy. I may have to get my fix on SF until the next Treyarch COD game.

Phl0xed
11-06-2013, 07:22 AM
I know I remember reading that they removed their multiplayer 'leveling system' for SF... How is multiplayer going to function in SF? Is there good variety in load-outs, weapons, utilities, etc.?

ZEDGE
11-12-2013, 08:13 PM
Shadow Marshall tutorial.

tFtk3SnYZrk

heavyD
11-13-2013, 09:06 AM
Mediocre reviews from ign and gamespot.

Phl0xed
11-13-2013, 09:36 AM
Mediocre from Gamespot, however IGN was pretty high on the game. IGN's video review made it look quite spectacular. Still quite excited for this game.

ZEDGE
11-13-2013, 10:02 AM
Polygon didnt like the single player much it seems. Still want, don't put much thought into reviews these days.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/13/5097534/killzone-shadow-fall-review-ps4

Funny how they did not say the same about COD which is some of the most cliched generic shit I have ever played.

I am curious to see how they rate the X1 games. After seeing the DF article on Dead Rising where the game plays at sub 20 FPS at times..which is mind boggling to me. I wonder how it will score. Their true colors will be on display one way or another. That 700 mil from MS could pay off. ;)

Phl0xed
11-13-2013, 10:22 AM
I totally agree, ZEDGE. I really hope the 'next generation' of consoles starts to see demos for every game. I'd be all over that 'try it before you buy it' mantra. Can't tell by reviews, that's for sure.

beecue
11-13-2013, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by ZEDGE

I am curious to see how they rate the X1 games. After seeing the DF article on Dead Rising where the game plays at sub 20 FPS at times..which is mind boggling to me. I wonder how it will score. Their true colors will be on display one way or another. That 700 mil from MS could pay off. ;)

It won't matter if the game is fun. DR3 looks like the most fun launch game on either console. I bet if IGN or Polygon had Knack reviews up for a while before anyone else the sony fanboys would lose their shit.

ZEDGE
11-13-2013, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by beecue

It won't matter if the game is fun. DR3 looks like the most fun launch game on either console. I bet if IGN or Polygon had Knack reviews up for a while before anyone else the sony fanboys would lose their shit.

Fun is subjective, much like reviews. Having played and never bothered to complete any other Dead Rising I would likely score it less than a game like Killzone. Its just not my thing. L4D is better imo.

It does blow my mind that COD which was criticized the whole video review got a higher score than KZ.. COD is a giant pile of shit imo. :dunno:

beecue
11-13-2013, 05:40 PM
KZ has been a mediocre franchise. IW's game are shit but not Treyarch's. BO1 and 2 are the best COD made yet imo. I don't think it should be getting a 9 though. I've never even played DR but it just looks fun. I don't really care about reviews. I will try the games that interest me regardless.

ZEDGE
11-13-2013, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by beecue
I don't really care about reviews. I will try the games that interest me regardless.

Yep.

Phl0xed
11-13-2013, 06:21 PM
To touch on that 5/10 review from Polygon, posted earlier:

I was browsing reddit earlier today when I came across something interesting.

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/1051/c1pc.jpg

Arthur Gies, the Reviews Editor at Polygon has been on record expressing his dislike for the KZ series in the past, and has clearly had an agenda and perception of the game before even playing it. Yet, interestingly enough, assigned himself to reviewing the latest in the Killzone franchise. Polygon also has been funded by Microsoft.

Just another example of why I don't take anything review sites say for anything.

Infinity Ward used to have the better of the COD games, but not since MW2 and the original studio disbanded. I can't say that I've ever really enjoyed Treyarch's games. World at War was decent, but just for zombies.

ZEDGE
11-13-2013, 06:29 PM
That Gies guy was on the Polygon live feed. He sounded like such an arrogant schmuck, negative about everything. Had to turn it off. I'm just gonna ignore all these sites I think. Mainly watching to see what the games look like and the UI and features.

heavyD
11-14-2013, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Phl0xed
To touch on that 5/10 review from Polygon, posted earlier:

I was browsing reddit earlier today when I came across something interesting.

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/1051/c1pc.jpg

Arthur Gies, the Reviews Editor at Polygon has been on record expressing his dislike for the KZ series in the past, and has clearly had an agenda and perception of the game before even playing it. Yet, interestingly enough, assigned himself to reviewing the latest in the Killzone franchise. Polygon also has been funded by Microsoft.

Just another example of why I don't take anything review sites say for anything.

Infinity Ward used to have the better of the COD games, but not since MW2 and the original studio disbanded. I can't say that I've ever really enjoyed Treyarch's games. World at War was decent, but just for zombies.

It's possible he's being overly harsh but the consensus is that the game is good but not that great. People have to accept that this franchise will never be the Halo killer that Sony hoped it would be. It's just another FPS that's good but not memorable.

ZEDGE
11-14-2013, 11:10 AM
The only ones to ever claim this to be some halo killer were the stupid gaming press, no one else. Lets be honest, Halo 4 was nothing to write home about either. ;)

Curious what came first. Killzone or Halo?

heavyD
11-14-2013, 11:53 AM
The only ones to ever claim this to be some halo killer were the stupid gaming press, no one else. Lets be honest, Halo 4 was nothing to write home about either. ;)

Curious what came first. Killzone or Halo?

Halo 4 was twice the game any Killzone game has been and I liked Killzone 3. Unlike you I don't really have any biases. I'm all about the games and call it like I see it. PS3 had some fantastic exclusive games but Killzone isn't one of them. Halo on the other hand you can always count on to be a very good game.

I personally believe their best 1st party FPS was the first Resistance game that launched with the PS3 but that series got worse with every sequel as Resistance 3 was very mediocre.

ZEDGE
11-14-2013, 12:02 PM
You say Halo is twice the game but I have biases? Is that not a a double standard there?

I prefered Killzone 2 and 3 to Halo 4, thats what I enjoy and call it like I see it. If thats a bias than so is your opinion.. Neither of which is 'fact'.

How is that any different than what you said?

Anyway.

Multiplayer stream here. The built in twitch streaming is pretty good on the PS4. Mic sounds really good too.

http://www.twitch.tv/kewabu

heavyD
11-14-2013, 12:04 PM
You say Halo is twice the game but I have biases? Is that not a a double standard there?

I prefered Killzone 2 and 3 to Halo 4, thats what I enjoy and call it like I see it.

How is that any different than what you said?

Anyway.

Multiplayer stream here. The built in twitch streaming is pretty good on the PS4. Mic sounds really good too.

http://www.twitch.tv/kewabu

Because you are well known to be anti-Microsoft. I'm not anti-Sony.

rage2
11-14-2013, 12:05 PM
haha we all know ZEDGE is a PS fanboy. Although I swear you were an XBOX fanboy way back in the day. Either that or I'm getting old and my memory is falling apart. :rofl:

heavyD
11-14-2013, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by rage2
haha we all know ZEDGE is a PS fanboy. Although I swear you were an XBOX fanboy way back in the day. Either that or I'm getting old and my memory is falling apart. :rofl:

I preordered a PS4 so that's not what I would call an Xbox fanboy. I had a personal preference for the 360 for cross platform games because I prefer the controller and much prefer Xbox live but the PS3 was/is a good machine and I've enjoyed some very good games exclusive games on it. I just find PS fanboys to be so aggressive it's annoying as you can't talk about Xbox without one talking smack about paying for online, RROD, etc. It's like me owning a Subaru. I like the car but Subaru fanboys make it a little harder to like lol.

No different than cars in that I feel some thought I was a Mitsubishi fanboy but I go off and buy a Mustang then an STI heck I've almost owned every single domestic and Japanese car bran at one point in my life. Not a fan of any one company or product. I like to try everything. That's how I roll.

ZEDGE
11-14-2013, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

Because you are well known to be anti-Microsoft. I'm not anti-Sony.

Anti MS? I was totally for their DRM, I have a frigging windows phone and love Windows 8.

Come on. I may be partial to Sony but I am definitely not anti MS. Call me anti Apple and I would agree.

I do dislike some of what MS is going with the Xbox, but I have owned a 360 since it launched for crying out loud. I have bought about 4 of them since then. 2 RRODS in there.

I have always enjoyed Killzone, despite the reviews, thats just my preference.

Originally posted by rage2

lol. Could be I have said stuff regarding both, not a fanboy of one or the other per say.

ZEDGE
11-16-2013, 09:39 PM
I want to slap who ever put the stupid free falling trough crumbling buildings and rocks on Helgan.. spoiler?

FFS.. took me like 30 tries, was so mad. :banghead:

Firstworldproblems..

The game is sure a mixed bag, some levels are fun, some feel like a chore. Think I'm near the end, then I can focus on multiplayer.

Phl0xed
11-17-2013, 07:19 PM
Still waiting for my console (hopefully see it tomorrow or tuesday), but would love to hear about first hand experiences with multiplayer. So many FPS games at launch and definitely need to figure out which one(s) I'm going to enjoy the most!

Wraith
11-17-2013, 08:44 PM
I must be playing too many PC shooters lately because I'm HORRENDOUS at KZ:SF multiplayer. I used to be so good at KZ2, now I just let my turret do the shooting :cry: .

beecue
11-17-2013, 10:24 PM
The motion blur ruins the game for me. It might not be annoying to others. PSN needs to work properly so I can try this and BF4 properly. Constantly getting errors when playing. Also are the devs at Guerrila retarded? How can you not implement voice chat for MP?

ZEDGE
11-17-2013, 10:33 PM
BF4s issues are not PSN, BF4 is just buggy, its just as bad on PC unfortunately.

Wraith
11-17-2013, 10:39 PM
The motion blur doesn't bother me but the aiming does. Maybe I'm just awful, but I'd tap the right stick and my crosshair goes too far; doesn't matter how low I turn the x and y axis sensitivity down. It's difficult to finesse. Also, 7 on 7 Warzone, seriously?

beecue
11-17-2013, 10:46 PM
BF4s issues are not PSN, BF4 is just buggy, its just as bad on PC unfortunately.

The error everyone is getting has been known for at least 2 weeks.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/10/30/battlefield-4-how-xbox-one-and-ps4-stack-up-against-pc/

Anyways, hopefully I can play a bit of both tomorrow.

ZEDGE
11-17-2013, 11:00 PM
I was wondering why multiplayer was quiet. lol Very odd omission.

I have been been creating or joining a party with some people I play with.

rage2
11-20-2013, 12:36 AM
Playing the game the last 2 hours, I was so lost. Couldn't figure out anything, figured this is the worst game ever. So I went to watch a walkthrough cuz I thought I was retarded and there's so much more shit on screen. Turns out, somehow, from my last corrupted game, it turned off the HUD. So now I have to replay most of the game to see WTF I missed lol.

I had no idea how the fuck to use the OWL. Turning off HUD turns off the instruction it shows that explains how to use it. I thought it was just a shitty bug when the game stalled for 30 seconds after the OWL first appeared and killed the guards lol. There's enemy scan shit that I had no idea about. I had to randomly stumble on doors and crap and press all the buttons to figure out how to open doors because the HUD tells you to press O to open a door.

If you want a challenge play the game with no HUD lol.

heavyD
11-20-2013, 09:49 AM
Game is good not great. Looks great and there are some exciting moments but the story is pretty weak. The blur effect doesn't bother me and the only thing that really bothers me is that sometimes it's hard to tell where to go on some levels. That space ship level that you have to crash into the sun I had to go through the ship numerous times to find the correct door to advance. That and the touchpad control for your drone isn't very responsive and I find the pad location in general isn't very conducive to the twitch movements required in a shooter like this. I would be fumbling trying to get the drone to provide shield instead of grappling hook while getting rained on by shooters to the point I just stopped bothering with the shield and used the drone for just firing on the Helghast.

I'm actually having a little more fun with Resogun as it's pretty addictive.

ZEDGE
11-20-2013, 11:04 AM
I find the touch pad works great for the owl. I would like to be able to use this in other games.

Not enjoying the multi as much as 3 though. Something feels off with the controls, and the motion blur is too strong. Actually enjoying COD multi more.. :nut:

Resogun is pretty cool.

rage2
11-20-2013, 12:06 PM
Speaking of visuals, I can't believe how bad the aliasing is in this game. I think the problem isn't the PS4 itself, it's that the designs have a lot of thin straight lines in them so it's terrible at any angle other than straight on.