PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a g35 double din JDM dash... Where can I still get one?

ToXicXxX
11-28-2013, 07:33 PM
My Bose radio crapped out in my 07 G35 Coupe... so I bought a new alpine setup, but I need to find a JDM double din insert for it, and I can't seem to find one anywhere! Hyatt Infiniti can't get them even. I'd prefer not to run the mitra kit, as it apparently looks like complete shit.

I found a few on eBay but the seller wont get back to me about shipping it expedited, so it will take a long ass time. It also doesn't have dual climate control, which isn't a big deal, but I'd like to retain it.

Chantastic
11-28-2013, 11:29 PM
Try conceptZperformance, I've ordered things from there and have had good experiences. That part isn't cheap though. The OEM JDM kit does not have dual climate control, it can be soldered in though. The Metra kit has a button for this, but many don't care for the look of the unit. I am probably going to order in a single din Metra for myself - from what I have researched the aluminum look is exactly the same, it's just the buttons that are a bit ugly (but again, the Metra kits do have the dual climate control button, and are way cheaper).

Also make sure you get the right kit (Metra or OEM JDM) depending on whether or not you have navigation. And give this thread (first post) a quick read. You'll need extra stuff if you want the hand controls to work. http://m.g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333847

ToXicXxX
11-29-2013, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by Chantastic
Try conceptZperformance, I've ordered things from there and have had good experiences. That part isn't cheap though. The OEM JDM kit does not have dual climate control, it can be soldered in though. The Metra kit has a button for this, but many don't care for the look of the unit. I am probably going to order in a single din Metra for myself - from what I have researched the aluminum look is exactly the same, it's just the buttons that are a bit ugly (but again, the Metra kits do have the dual climate control button, and are way cheaper).

Also make sure you get the right kit (Metra or OEM JDM) depending on whether or not you have navigation. And give this thread (first post) a quick read. You'll need extra stuff if you want the hand controls to work. http://m.g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333847

Thanks!
Already ordered a PAC controller for my wheel controls. Alpine mentioned it. Also got a mitra double din (came with deck package free), but I want a Japanese one.

I'll check concept Z out. I know it's not cheap, it's no huge deal to me, just want it to look perfect.

Chantastic
12-01-2013, 07:34 PM
You're welcome!

ToXicXxX
12-04-2013, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Chantastic
You're welcome!

Ended up getting one from Grubbs Infiniti for like $100 cheaper then ConceptZ.

Chantastic
12-05-2013, 01:36 AM
Good to know! Maybe I'll try them in the future for things!