PDA

View Full Version : citizen eco drive repair?

Axe
12-01-2013, 12:30 PM
Hi All,

Have a citizen eco-drive watch - titanium solar tech 180.

It is not charging and does not appear to be working. Does anyone know a place in calgary where they can replace the battery and/or capacitor?

I tried the jewellers in Northland mall and they wouldn't touch it....said I would have to send it back to Citizen (in Ontratio). Would rather not do this.

Any thoughts and thanks in advance for any advice.

frozenrice
12-01-2013, 01:15 PM
I think that may be your only choice. I have a Citizen that needs repair too and pretty much every jeweler that I've asked has said the same thing.

If someone does know of someone that can do it locally, I'd be interested in knowing as well.

BokCh0y
12-01-2013, 01:20 PM
Try the watch maker at Sears in South Centre mall. He's only there specific times, but you can drop it off with one of the ladies that works there. She will let him know and he will et you know what can be done.

Dunno if he works on that watch, but worth a try :dunno:

codetrap
12-01-2013, 02:21 PM
I've sent my watch back to citizen a couple of times now for breaking the crystal, and it's always been easy. I'd just ship it back and let them fix it.

Axe
12-01-2013, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the feeback everyone; much appreciated. I think I'll be sending it back to Citizen in Ottawa...

The_Penguin
12-04-2013, 12:21 PM
I made the mistake of getting one of my Citizen watches repaired locally.
I think it was Birks, they farmed it out to City Time, who screwed it up royally.
Wound up sending it to Ontario anyway.
The second time I had trouble (was chipping ice on the driveway and killed it) sent it straight to Citizen, no problemos.

Maxx Mazda
12-04-2013, 05:27 PM
Try a hard reset before you send it off. I thought my Skyhawk was pooched (refused to work despite being left in the sun for hours) and after a hard reset it came back to life.