PDA

View Full Version : chipping

seaarerex
12-20-2013, 07:06 PM
Wondering if anyone could direct me to a reputable shop or person that does ecu chipping and Calgary and area?

vehicle is:

1998 civic cx (hB)

sir2 b16a (all stock aside from header)

ecu is a virgin obd2 p72

Cos
12-20-2013, 07:10 PM

seaarerex
12-20-2013, 07:14 PM
ahh yes... of course -_- long day

1998 civic cx (hB)

sir2 b16a (all stock aside from header)

ecu is a virgin obd2 p72

bassicaly my goal is find a jdm p30 or chip the p72 and run a stock b16 base map or locate a p28 and chip that.

bassicaly i wanna find the stock ecu or chip and ecu to run like stock.

running the gsr ecu on the b16 is causing small issues and i want my cel off :P

Joe-G
12-20-2013, 07:30 PM
Its been awhile, but some of the members here have chip burners.

Try calling Speed Options and see if they have the equipment?

Otherwise your best bet is to order the equipment and do it yourself (Cheaper), or buy a chipped ecu online with the proper basemap. (Been a while but xenocron may still be in business? Theres a number of other online vendors as well. Check Honda-Tech)

seaarerex
12-20-2013, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Joe-G
Its been awhile, but some of the members here have chip burners.

Try calling Speed Options and see if they have the equipment?

Otherwise your best bet is to order the equipment and do it yourself (Cheaper), or buy a chipped ecu online with the proper basemap. (Been a while but xenocron may still be in business? Theres a number of other online vendors as well. Check Honda-Tech)

kinda what i figured but i wanted to check and see if there is some one locally.

ya xenocron is still up and running. not that amazing with a solder gun so as hoping some one local could help out, save a bit of money instead of getting a new ecu or chipping kit.

never heard of speed options, ill call em up and have a chat thnx.

sr20s14zenki
12-20-2013, 08:15 PM
Talk to XCYE on here, not sure if hes still doing that sort of thing, but he used to make chips for sr20s

Sentry
12-20-2013, 09:38 PM
I have a burner and datalogger.

The actual conversion of the ECU to accept a chip is really straightforward, your best bet would just be to grab a P06 from picknpull (40 bucks) and just convert it to a vtak ECU with like 5 bucks more parts over a normal chip kit.

Xenocron sells all the parts and has good how-to guides. Buy a soldering iron and some solder wick and have at it. I'll burn you a chip if you need it.