PDA

View Full Version : No Mar Tire Changer in Edmonton or Calgary?

mobgma
12-24-2013, 03:09 PM
Does anyone know of anyone who owns a No Mar Tire Changer in Edmonton or Calgary? I have a very special custom and expensive motorcycle rim and tire that I do not want scratched. I do not trust the local shops and there operators as I have had a bad experience in the past.
Willing to pay handsomely good money to have someone mount my tire on this unit. Hell I will even do it myself and still pay you to use it.

I read an old forum where a guy named "endo" on here did them on a No Mar unit but I tried to call his phone number which he advertised but it was the wrong phone number.

Going to try and message him as well.

Thanks!

drtoohotty1
12-24-2013, 03:55 PM
go over to groundpilots.com he is/was more active over there and im sure someone would have his number

tirebob
01-26-2014, 02:00 PM
Honestly, it is more important to have someone who is careful and experienced than the choice of tire machine. Don't get me wrong... A shitty machine can cause an issue for sure, but even a mediocre machine with a solid operator is much better than a good machine with a mediocre operator.

I change my own bike tires on a Hunter machine made for car tires, and I never have made even the slightest mark. Even on freshly paint rims.

Graham_A_M
01-26-2014, 02:05 PM
^ I was literally just about to suggest Urban Expressions lol. Beat me to it.

boarderfatty
01-26-2014, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
^ I was literally just about to suggest Urban Expressions lol. Beat me to it. Technically the equipment is different and he shop is not allowed to work on motorbike, atv, utv wheels etc. Same deal with my shop, but I wont say it doesnt happen, it is just for staff, family, and the odd very very good customer.

tirebob
01-26-2014, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by boarderfatty
Technically the equipment is different and he shop is not allowed to work on motorbike, atv, utv wheels etc. Same deal with my shop, but I wont say it doesnt happen, it is just for staff, family, and the odd very very good customer. Yeah it is the same thing for me as well. I don't do it as a course of business, but I will do mine and my friends stuff on the side while hanging out...