PDA

View Full Version : Thief

n1zm0
02-04-2014, 09:19 AM
Anyone played the other 3 as well? Great franchise, lots of fun in those ones - hopefully the mod community is as big for this latest one. The 10 year reboot out on Feb 28th for Next gen, current gen and PCMasterRace :D

L_HEeHUmzjI

edit: (I spelt Thief wrong in the title :( )

Mibz
02-04-2014, 11:04 AM
I think I read too much about this game to be excited for it. It sounds less like Thief, more like Dishonoured, and Dishonoured wasn't anything close to what I want in a Thief game.

I'll probably play it eventually, but I think I'm more likely to just play through the old Thiefs first, haha.

schocker
02-04-2014, 12:09 PM
I read the same as mibz. I don't remember playing the original games though so I don't know if I would care if it was still good but I heard you can't jump :nut:
Dishonored I loved though but I know thief is supposed to be a completely different animal.

edit: Watched this video and it looks pretty fun, I think I will give it a try. If it is one of those enix games that looks great on PC I will get it on there otherwise X1.
66oVzJQv7DA

schocker
02-15-2014, 10:14 AM
How are we feeling about this game now....
On greenmangaming, you can get the main pc version for $33.75 w/ 01S741-7O5XOB-OLIV8E
So at that price it would be worth trying I think if you don't want the console version.

n1zm0
02-15-2014, 11:23 AM
For this one I'm going to wait for reviews and watch a few twitch and YT coverage on it then make the decision, that's a good deal though from GMG.

schocker
02-15-2014, 11:31 AM
Here is a new video also, forgot to post it before, looks pretty cool
iAQhxHmptS8
Lockdown Mission Playthrough

edit: After watching some more videos I decided to buy it on GMG. Can't go wrong at that price, and since I paid $25 for Omerta, it is OK even if it is bad :)

n1zm0
02-24-2014, 01:36 PM
Good thing you got it on sale^ I played this on the weekend at a friends on 360, IMO it's :/ , at least on 360 the graphics were meh, I feel like it's a 7/10 closer to a 6/10. Buggy things happen with the guards, stuck in animations or spot you through walls then you reload and they dont notice you.

The game still involves the Thief element to it, just felt like it was rushed more or less unfortunately. I'm sure the graphics on PC and next-gen will be alot better though than 360.

schocker
02-24-2014, 02:02 PM
Ya, I have been following the reviews. Looks kind of meh, but I will give it a play through. I am assuming they will fix the issues, but I was expecting something better after all of the last square titles, Hitman, Deus Ex, Tomb Raider and Sleeping dogs as I liked all those games.

Mibz
02-24-2014, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0
The game still involves the Thief element to it, just felt like it was rushed more or less unfortunately. Do you mean the game was rushed to release, or that the gameplay itself makes you feel rushed?

Perfect Dark
02-24-2014, 03:38 PM
http://www.egmnow.com/articles/reviews/egm-review-thief/

Not looking so hot at all.

n1zm0
02-24-2014, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
Do you mean the game was rushed to release, or that the gameplay itself makes you feel rushed?

The former, but just now realising how long this game was in development it's even more of a disappointment I guess - almost 5 years since this game was announced but Eidos Montreal went through lots of changes in that time period iirc.

They could've cleaned up alot of things, bugs in general - bugs with the NPCs, maybe just the 360 version but the graphics again were subpar (although those reviews on PC say otherwise) - texturing was garbage, the story is meh. Basically Theif in its basic concept is there and fun/cool things do happen, but if you're expecting to have memorable moments like the past Thief games you grew up with, then prepare yourself for a let down.

Ruggzy_McTuggz
02-25-2014, 12:02 PM
I almost never read reviews before picking up games (hence why my steam is so full of games with 2 hours played, or not even installed heh). I decided to pre-purchase this one as I have never played any "stealth" games before.

Reason I did so is because of Far Cry 3, I would always take outposts stealthily because it gave 3x the xp. Always thought I would hate stealth games so never gave them a shot until now.

Have played for a bit and am enjoying it. No bugs so far, but will let you guys know as I get more time played.

One thing to keep in mind is that I have nothing to compare the game to as it is my first "stealth" game that I have ever played, so my point of view wouldn't be as informed as some others.

klumsy_tumbler
02-25-2014, 03:39 PM
Picking this game up today after work. I'll post more once I've logged a few hours into it. Even with the negative reviews, I'm pretty stoked. I LOVE stealth games :clap:

schocker
03-01-2014, 04:00 PM
Tried it out a bit finally. Pretty good imo. Doesn't feel as polished as say dishonored, but it is still a decent game. Hits the PC pretty hard though, only getting average 42fps on the benchmark