PDA

View Full Version : JBs Ultimate Street Car Series.... YES!

Toma
02-11-2014, 02:59 PM
Finally, some heads up drag racing in Alberta lol. I'll be dabling in Outlaw 8.5 if I get the car ready. If you think you are fast on 26x8 slicks, come play. Other classes as well, great payouts as well.

JB's Ultimate Street Car Series

This will be a 7 race series at Castrol Raceway and Central Alberta Raceway (Rimbey).

There will be two heads up classes and one bracket style class. It will be a points series with your best 5 of 7 races counted.

The format is as follows:

Extreme Street 1/8 mile

-Maximum tire size of 29.5x10.5 or 315/60/15 (or equivalent)
-Minimum 2 qualifying sessions, Eliminations run same day (one day race)
-All run field
-Power adders allowed are: Nitrous, Turbos, Superchargers
-Naturally aspirated single four barrel carb combos can run any tire size
-Any suspension allowed
-No minimum weight
-AWD permitted
-Basically no rules expect for tire limitations

$1200 to win / $200 runner up / $50 to all first round winners - based on 16 cars - pro rated

Outlaw 8.5 1/8 mile

-Must run 26x8.5" slicks or 235/60/15 Drag Radials
-Minimum 2 qualifying sessions, Eliminations run same day (one day race)
-All run field
-Power adders allowed are: Nitrous, Turbos, Superchargers
-Body: Steel roof and quarters
-Any suspension allowed
-No minimum weight
-No AWD vehicles allowed
-Basically no rules expect for tire limitations

$1200 to win / $200 runner up / $50 to all first round winners - based on 16 cars - pro rated

Open Comp 1/4 mile @ Edmonton / 1/8 mile @ Rimbey

-Handicap start
-Open to ET's between 8.50 and 13.50 seconds
-4/10ths pro tree
-No electronics allowed (cars with electronics/box must disable electronics)
-Minimum 2 time trials (eliminations run same day) one day race
-Once time trials are complete you must choose a dial within a 1/10th of your quickest time. e.g, if your best et was 10.01 you pick a dial between 10.01 and 10.11
-Your dial in stays the same for all rounds of competition that day

$1000 to win / $300 runner up / $150 semi finals / $50 to all second round winners - based on 32 cars - pro rated

Entry fee for all classes (both tracks)
$50 gate fee per day (to the track)
$100 prize fund per day (100% payback to racers)

All cars will be teched as per normal IHRA (Edmonton) / NHRA (Rimbey) and track rules.

Dates:

Edmonton: June 14 / July 26 / August 9
Rimbey: July 12 / August 16
Series Championship in Edmonton: August 30 & 31 (one race each day) This is also the Rocky Mountain Shootout Race (Pro Mods etc....)

We are working on getting more sponsor dollars to increase the payout or have a bonus program setup. If you are interested in sponsoring, contact me via PM. We are also working on some bigger manufacturers to come on board as sponsors.

Please do not bitch about the rules, but constructive conversation is appreciated.

Sentry
02-11-2014, 06:07 PM
The rimbey strip will be open next summer? Nice.

Although it's almost the same drive to Castrol so no point for us here in Calgary. :D

Would be nice to see an automatic nissan whoop some domestics. :)

uv1569
02-12-2014, 10:14 AM
It would be nice to see some imports other than Toma.. Might see a race and not just tell everyone how fast their junk is.. oh right its not a roll race that eliminates 98%

RZRSHARP_SVX
02-13-2014, 08:48 PM
I may try and compete. My car is making some good progress. Maybe keep up to toma

sr20s14zenki
02-13-2014, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by RZRSHARP_SVX
I may try and compete. My car is making some good progress. Maybe keep up to toma

You do know he ran 9.1 right? Lol

RZRSHARP_SVX
02-13-2014, 09:57 PM
I said maybe but probably not. Best I will probably see is 10.0 if I get to hook right.
I am adding over 100hp more though

Toma
02-14-2014, 11:35 AM
The more the merrier. Being 1/8th mile, reaction time will make a huge difference.... So a faster car has less time to make up ground.

Also.... Rimbey will be open to the 1/8th mile. This track is concrete for the whole distance. That is bad ass if you have a faster car.

I'm excited. I love heads up racing. Up until now, to race the type of stuff I like, we've been going to California or Vegas 3 or so times a year lol.

Toma
02-14-2014, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by RZRSHARP_SVX
I said maybe but probably not. Best I will probably see is 10.0 if I get to hook right.
I am adding over 100hp more though

Very nice! Get some slicks on the back. Loosen up the front. Maybe stiffen the back, preload the rear sway bar a bit....

ColoDano
02-14-2014, 12:43 PM
Interesting, I may have to bring the Prelude up to Edmonton for a few of these. May not be the fastest car out, but generally people are surprised to see a Prelude running as fast as mine does.

never
02-14-2014, 09:27 PM
Great, I'm going to have to cage the V!

Heru-Farukon
02-16-2014, 03:12 AM
Where can we find the tech rules / requirements for the event. Would love to find a base line for the brz

And answer your pm toma ;)

armyboot
02-16-2014, 11:04 AM
I'll try my hardest for the 8.5 comp. It will get dominated by the auto guys, so it's only for fun for me.

You think the organizers will make an import unlimited class? It would be cool to see some fast imports from down south come up.