PDA

View Full Version : Awesome service and ring from Gems By Carati

cornelius85
02-18-2014, 11:26 AM
Just wanted to give a shout out to Justin from Gems by Carati for some awesome customer service and an even better customized ring for my wife for our 10 year anniversary.

We met with Justin in December after reading all the positive reviews on Beyond about how he was great to work with, and prices were very reasonable. My wife had an idea in mind of what she wanted, but wanted it to be a little different from what she had seen look in other stores. We visited with Justin on 2 or 3 occasions talking about different designs, sizes, qualities of diamonds etc. He was very patient and was able to suggest different ideas of what he could do to better suit what my wife was looking for. He was never pushy once we were pretty sure what she wanted, and even the day we did place the deposit he wasn't in a rush for us to put the deposit down. I hate going down town so I decided I would rather put the deposit down while we were already there rather than making another trip down.

Fast forward to about 2 weeks ago and he emailed me apologizing that the ring wasn't done yet. It was finished but he wasn't happy with it and wanted to redo it to better suit my wife. That was fine by me especially if he thought she might not absolutely love it. He planned on having it done for the 12th and I would go pick it up. On the 12th I had planned on picking it up at lunch but it wasn't going to be done in time as the band was so small an engraving wasn't as easy as planned. He apologized and said he would get it to me at my work as I wanted it for Valentines and I was in meetings the next 2 days and couldn't get down there. It ended up he actually hand delivered the ring to me at work. Talk about service! On top of that I was paying by credit card, and was going to put it on my card, but my payment I put on the card wouldn't have gone through till Friday. With an 8000+ balance on the ring left owing he still delivered it on Thursday, and said he would worry about the balance after. That blew me away especially since this was our first purchase with him. After that I am sure it wont be the last.

Thanks again Justin. Elaine absolutely loves the ring, and has been busy showing it off to all of her girlfriends.

Attached a picture of the ring but in no way does the photo reflect how nice the ring is.

Platinum bands, .83ct VVS2 F Colour Ideal cut centre diamond

Greg

A790
02-18-2014, 11:31 AM
Yea, Justin/Charlotte/Heather and everyone else at Gem are definitely top-notch.

Justing
02-18-2014, 05:06 PM
Thanks for the awesome review Greg, greatly appreciated!
It was great working with you and Elaine, thanks so much for your patience and I'm glad you're both happy with the rings!

403ep3
02-25-2014, 01:16 PM
Great to hear. I might be popping the question soon and might stop by to take a look a few rings.

2 ct run about 10k right? jk FML :nut:

nixon45
02-25-2014, 01:17 PM
Nice!

I want to pop the question as well but there is no way I can afford anything that she deserves

94CoRd
02-25-2014, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by nixon45
Nice!

I want to pop the question as well but there is no way I can afford anything that she deserves

Then Justin is who you should be talking to!

I myself just finalized the ring I am going to be giving my girlfriend, and I am so glad I went to Gem. The easiest way to explain is Bang for buck. Give Justin (or anyone at his store) your budget, and they will do everything they can to find something that looks a lot more expensive than it is! - your girlfriend will never have to know!

civic_stylez
02-25-2014, 06:58 PM
I had a buddy of mine come in from out of town and was looking for a Hamilton watch. I messaged Justin ahead of time to take care of my friend and he gave him an amazing price and top notch service. Definitely someone you can be confident in working with and sending referrals to!

:thumbsup:

JRSC00LUDE
02-26-2014, 09:47 AM
Nice!

Not to get all hokey but if she doesn't appreciate you and the gesture that you are able to provide, then maybe SHE doesn't deserve YOU.

nixon45
02-26-2014, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by 94CoRd

Then Justin is who you should be talking to!

I will have to check them out! thanks for the recommendation.

nixon45
02-26-2014, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Not to get all hokey but if she doesn't appreciate you and the gesture that you are able to provide, then maybe SHE doesn't deserve YOU.

I think I am more in my own head than anything. I know she would appreciate anything I give her... but after being together for 6+ years its more so my own thinking that she needs something with wow factor!

JRSC00LUDE
02-26-2014, 10:19 AM

I think I am more in my own head than anything. I know she would appreciate anything I give her... but after being together for 6+ years its more so my own thinking that she needs something with wow factor!

Makes sense, good luck! :thumbsup:

Justing
02-26-2014, 10:49 AM
Thanks guys, much appreciated! :clap:

Originally posted by 403ep3
Great to hear. I might be popping the question soon and might stop by to take a look a few rings.

2 ct run about 10k right? jk FML :nut:

Nice!

Feel free to email me with any questions!

jaylo
02-26-2014, 07:44 PM
JustinG is great. Hands-down the best jeweller I have dealt with in Calgary.

Round brilliant is your best bet but they usually go at least $15K/ct for a signature with VVS+

I remember him showing me the Tycoon cut back when he was at the Banker's Hall location and he was very professional.