PDA

View Full Version : Resolution Issue - Firefox

Mitsu3000gt
03-12-2014, 09:21 AM
Hi Guys,

Hoping there is a quick fix for my issue.

I installed Windows 8.1 on my laptop, whose native resolution is 1920X1080. It's running at native resolution, that doesn't seem to be an issue.

The issue is that now, since the update, everything that is a button, graphic, or overlay in Firefox is crazy low resolution, looking like it belongs on an Atari. What I mean by this is arrows in menus, Facebook/Twitter/Google+ "share" buttons & links, anything that is overlayed as a graphic or button on the normal screen. For example, in Beyond, the 8 little buttons at the top (user cp, rides, members, search, etc.) all look very blurry and nowhere native resolution compared to the rest of the screen. Everything else looks just fine, such as text, photos, etc. It just seems that anything that has been added or overlayed on top of the webpage does not keep the native resolution. It did before, so I imagine there is a fix, I just can't find it.

Chrome doesn't seem to have this issue, but I prefer Firefox.

I've tried going into the developer option of Firefox and changing the multiplier on text size, but that did nothing since my issue seems to be strictly with buttons, icons, graphics, overlays, etc.

Any thoughts? Hopefully I'm explaining myself well. I can't tell if it's a Firefox only issue or a Windows 8.1 issue.

Seth1968
03-12-2014, 09:28 AM
Probably best to back up your bookmarks, then uninstall/re-install FF.

I installed FF V27.0.1 after 8.1, and it's all good.

Seth1968
03-12-2014, 09:29 AM
Oh ya, don't forget to install Flash and Java again to re-integrate them back into FF.

Mitsu3000gt
03-12-2014, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Seth1968
Probably best to back up your bookmarks, then uninstall/re-install FF.

I installed FF V27.0.1 after 8.1, and it's all good.

I'll give that a try, thanks. I installed it after I got Windows 8.1 though, so I am not sure if there will be difference. Definitely worth a shot. It would be great if it's that simple.

Seth1968
03-12-2014, 09:32 AM
Ah damn. Then that probably won't do squat.

revelations
03-12-2014, 09:34 AM
Thats a GIF image rendering issue - if the problem still persists, check out this link:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/854830

Seth1968
03-12-2014, 09:35 AM
I've only worked on a few 8.1 systems that run FF, and haven't seen that issue, but then I found this gem:

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/974756

It's a little old though, so FF may have fixed the issue. In other words, that re-install is worth a try.

Mitsu3000gt
03-12-2014, 09:38 AM
Interesting, seems to be a specific FF/Win 8.1 issue.

Images themselves all display just fine, it's just little graphics/buttons/overlays on web pages, and even within the Firefox menus themselves.

If I view photos or anything like that, they display fine, perhaps because they aren't GIFs.

Either way, I am going to re-install it when I get home and have a look. It will take me 2 min to at least check.

Mitsu3000gt
03-12-2014, 06:03 PM
Couldn't tell you why, but reinstalling Firefox made it much better (but not perfect). It's more than acceptable for now, thanks guys. Easy fix.