PDA

View Full Version : Identifying Remote Starter

haggis88
03-15-2014, 11:48 PM
I bought a car with this starter installed, but it doesn't seem to start the car

I've tried the usual button press combos, but i think it's in valet mode or something since it will lock/unlock the doors/trunk but won't start the engine

would anyone know the brand from this picture of the remote so i can search online for a manual to try the troubleshooting options?

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r173/haggis1988/RSX-S/20140315_221228-1.jpg

thanks!

shakalaka
03-16-2014, 12:11 AM
Doesn't the back has some sort of writing like a serial number or something that you can perhaps google? If you pop the battery cover, there may be something there too.

dj_rice
03-16-2014, 10:42 AM
If nothing on the remote, get some PN#"s off the brain. Then Google, it will get better results as that remote is so generic, it could be a numerous brand of companies.

Canadian Tire branded Autostart, ProStart, etc etc.

italianstylez
03-16-2014, 07:04 PM
Pretty sure that would be an arctic start

haggis88
03-16-2014, 07:18 PM
After some hunting and googling as suggested, its a PolarStart!

I do wonder who installed it though...its a bit of a mess under there :lol:

BokCh0y
03-16-2014, 08:57 PM
I saw these today at the futureshop at northland.... weird haha.

Nordic start. Pic of the remote was on the front of the box.

haggis88
03-16-2014, 11:47 PM
Probably some Futureshop monkey who installed it :rofl:

Do all remote starters require you to set them to "Ready" mode before getting out of the car?

That was the problem with this one, have to press a button while the car is running, then get out, close the door and press the button again to enable it but it will cancel itself if you open the door again!

Seems like a bit of a pain in the arse if you forget to do the procedure when you get out!

firebane
03-17-2014, 06:11 AM
Most 3rd party installs I've seen are a complete mess and done so poorly.

silvercivicsir
03-17-2014, 09:27 AM
Yup this is what happens when you put a r-Start in a standard transmission car.. FS hasn't sold those in a super long time, my money is it's a Visions unit. but Yes, Autostart for sure.

Originally posted by haggis88
Probably some Futureshop monkey who installed it :rofl:

Do all remote starters require you to set them to "Ready" mode before getting out of the car?

That was the problem with this one, have to press a button while the car is running, then get out, close the door and press the button again to enable it but it will cancel itself if you open the door again!

Seems like a bit of a pain in the arse if you forget to do the procedure when you get out!