PDA

View Full Version : Mitsu Evo IV Clutch Replacement

Zetsu
03-24-2014, 02:43 PM
Hey guys, its starting to feel like I'm getting to the point with my evo where the clutch is going to need to be changed. I've heard nothing but bad things about replacing the clutches on these. Anyways, I'm looking for some second opinions on which clutch to go for and any other modifications/upgrades I should do while I'm doing this big of a job. Also any advice in doing the change would be appreciated, or even recommending a good shop to do the job (I've heard it's close to 10+ hours). I work for a shop so I could likely get some kind of a commercial discount if I sent it through my shop name to another shop.

-Thanks!:thumbsup:

RickDaTuner
03-24-2014, 06:01 PM
10 hrs??

i've done evo VIII in about 6hrs, and that was on a garage floor with basic hand tools.

Zetsu
03-24-2014, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner
10 hrs??

i've done evo VIII in about 6hrs, and that was on a garage floor with basic hand tools.

Evo VIII Is waaay different, actually the IV is closer to 12hours most people are saying. The whole engine needs to be dropped to separate it. To Answer my own question it's recommended to have the rear main seal and a couple others replaced at he same time

pheoxs
03-25-2014, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Zetsu

Evo VIII Is waaay different, actually the IV is closer to 12hours most people are saying. The whole engine needs to be dropped to separate it. To Answer my own question it's recommended to have the rear main seal and a couple others replaced at he same time

I don't see why an 8 would be so much different? It's the same engine/trany as the 4. There can't be that much more crap in the way can there?

tomt64
03-25-2014, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Zetsu

Who is telling you this?

Zetsu
03-25-2014, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by tomt64

Who is telling you this?

Autodream, Vex, a couple buddies I have who've done these clutches before and my one friend who tunes Evo's on the side.