PDA

View Full Version : 2014 MV Agusta F3 800 Ago

Modelexis
03-31-2014, 09:19 AM
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3823/10799786673_b76b1075fa_h.jpg

Anyone been following the release of this bike?

Another piece of trivia, Blackfoot Motorsports has just recently become a Canadian Authorized dealer for MV.

I'm sorta interested to see the pricing that comes out when this model is released, and how many pieces are produced.

I have a serious rager for this bike.
As impractical and harsh and expensive to maintain and all that, I think it would still be worth getting.
Life is short - Summer is short so with that logic I can absolutely justify a purchase like this.

The color combo on this ago edition is just to-die-for.

shakalaka
03-31-2014, 09:36 AM
That's a sexy bike for sure. Looking at the style of the exhaust, there is a clothing store in the West Edmonton Mall that had it displayed outside. Must have been some kind of a Agusta if not that one I guess.

But for some reason I am in love with the KTM 1190 RC8R. If I ever feel like splurging on a motorcycle (which I think the GSXR 1000 might be my last), I would get that one. And just for reference;

http://images.passionperformance.ca/photos/3/2/32381_2012_ktm_Superbike_1190_RC8_R.jpg

Modelexis
03-31-2014, 09:50 AM
I like the look of the KTM, my only gripe with them is just a personal preference but I don't like orange in any capacity.

If they offered the bike in different color combos that excluded orange I would take notice of the models a bit more I think.
Orange to me is just saying you couldn't afford gold.

16hypen3sp
03-31-2014, 12:07 PM
My local dealer has (or did have) a KTM RC8. I think it was a 2012 model.

I love the design of them. They look great from all angles. However, their headlight design looks weird.

Other than that, fantastic looking machine. Never been on one. No one I know has one.

That model at my local dealership has been sitting there for a quite a long time now.

ExtremeSi
03-31-2014, 12:36 PM
That MV is beautiful.

Mibz
03-31-2014, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by ExtremeSi
That MV is beautiful.

shakalaka
03-31-2014, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Modelexis
I like the look of the KTM, my only gripe with them is just a personal preference but I don't like orange in any capacity.

If they offered the bike in different color combos that excluded orange I would take notice of the models a bit more I think.
Orange to me is just saying you couldn't afford gold.

They have some versions that have none or little orange;

http://gadgetmasti.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/KTM_RC8_0.jpg

http://www.wallpaper4me.com/images/wallpapers/KTM%201190%20RC8-975441.jpeg

I personally don't mind the orange even though not a big fan of the colour.

Originally posted by 16hypen3sp
My local dealer has (or did have) a KTM RC8. I think it was a 2012 model.

I love the design of them. They look great from all angles. However, their headlight design looks weird.

Other than that, fantastic looking machine. Never been on one. No one I know has one.

That model at my local dealership has been sitting there for a quite a long time now.

I have never seen one in person. That rarity aspect is what makes me like them so much more. My brother owns a Ducati and he had one before his current one too and at the time they were rare. But that has changed now and there are quite a few. I used to love them but after seeing the KTM I like that so much more.

When I sold my R6 a couple of months ago and was looking for a replacement, I saw two for sale on Kijiji. One in Calgary and other in Edmonton. They were 2012 models and around 12K. Was tempted but didn't want to drop that kind of $ on a motorcycle. Ended up getting a GSXR 1000 and got a sweet deal.

Graham_A_M
03-31-2014, 05:01 PM
I really hope they worked hard to iron out all the issues with this bike. I remember when MV released their 675 F3 last year, or perhaps it was the year before, and numerous people were complaining that it really lacked refinement. Lots of little issues here and there with it, it just wasn't nearly as well sorted as the Triumph Daytona 675 that MV wanted to compete directly with.

Hopefully this one is a huge improvement. Although I'd wait a while to read a ton of reviews and rider reports to see how these bikes are in terms of reliability & refinement before dropping that kind of coin on one.

To drop $12-14k on a lemon or one with serious temperament issues to me is asinine.
.... but with a much smaller company like MV, its kind of a dice roll each time with new models unfortunately.

I agree on everything that was said about that RC8. It is a gorgeous bike that really takes a different stride in terms of typical sportbike looks. I too dont like the headlight either though, Blackfoot has a used one in their showroom, that always catches my eye every time I see it.
Id LOVE to ride one just to see what its like, but cant since I dont know a single person that has one.

16hypen3sp
03-31-2014, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka

I have never seen one in person. That rarity aspect is what makes me like them so much more. My brother owns a Ducati and he had one before his current one too and at the time they were rare. But that has changed now and there are quite a few. I used to love them but after seeing the KTM I like that so much more.

When I sold my R6 a couple of months ago and was looking for a replacement, I saw two for sale on Kijiji. One in Calgary and other in Edmonton. They were 2012 models and around 12K. Was tempted but didn't want to drop that kind of $ on a motorcycle. Ended up getting a GSXR 1000 and got a sweet deal.

You got me curious... I had to call my dealership and it's still there. It is a 2013 KTM RC8 1190. New. $17999 plus tax and freight. It's the only one I have ever seen.

shakalaka
03-31-2014, 09:52 PM
Perhaps if my love for bikes doesn't die, one day I'll end up getting one of them. If I were ever to splurge on a bike, RC8 will most likely be the one. Would love to have one just sitting in the garage, so I could look at it all day. :drool:

gamman
03-31-2014, 11:03 PM
That looks hot.

I saw this while at nurburing in 2008. Guy drove it from Italy, could barely speak english. It wasn't a touristfahren day! OUCH.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MV_Agusta_F4_series

I told him is was pretty bella!

had a love for them ever since....