PDA

View Full Version : Help! Front left speaker not working after new deck installation (Nissan/Sony)

Chantastic
04-07-2014, 09:38 PM
Any help would be great! I am new with audio stuff, so please bear with me.

I have a 06 G35 and have installed a Sony DSX-S210X, using a ROEM NIS2 with the factory Bose system. The front left speaker is not working. I plugged in the original Bose head unit and the left speaker works fine. Plug in the Sony/NIS2 and it goes out. I have recrimped the white and white/black wires three times now (left speakers), and soldered the ground, with no results.

notes:

- I chose not to buy the adapter for the steering wheel controls, as I never use them anyway
- The NIS2 has a bunch of markings and holes on it that look they reach down to the contacts (LF/RF/LR/RR). Am I supposed to do something with this?

Graham_A_M
04-12-2014, 10:15 AM
Sounds like there is more of a wiring incompatibility issue then anything. Did you buy the wiring kit from a place like Visions or whatever? if so, Id give the installers a call and explain what happened, perhaps they forgot to include a portion of the wiring harness needed. Its tough to say without looking at it, but what you can do is remove the deck, and see if you can get it to run off of a different channel (as in the rear left speaker output, or front right) and see if you can get it to work that way. If so, its likely the deck thats at fault, if not, its the wiring.

mr2mike
04-15-2014, 10:54 AM
Pretty sure this is a double post on the same issue.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st2/g35-front-left-speaker-not-working-after-new-deck-install/showthread.php?s=&threadid=381076

Chantastic
04-17-2014, 03:40 PM
Yes it is! Thanks for everyone's help. I didn't reply because I wasn't too sure how to do all that testing myself. I just got back from a shop this morning - turns out the PAC ROEM NIS2 I am using is defective. I'm trying to get a new unit shipped out...we'll see how that goes. Bought it off ebay and it wasn't cheap either. Unfortunately for these kinds of purchases you don't get around to installing them until all the bits and pieces come in.