PDA

View Full Version : Civilization: Beyond Earth

n1zm0
04-12-2014, 10:40 PM
The earth is over played, time to ruin and fight on other habitable planets. Awesome!

v2grKk4Fv0k

schocker
04-12-2014, 11:11 PM
too slow nizmo :rofl:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/381172/civilization-beyond-earth/

Nice though to have games announce and release within the same year. I konw I will pre-order this for sure. Based on the CIV V engine which I am OK with.

Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth will propel the development of human civilization beyond the traditional timeline of a Civilization game, by exploring humanity’s future on an alien world. For the first time, players will lead factions divided by contrasting cultures and evolve their new civilizations to reflect their chosen destiny. Players will experience an array of new gameplay possibilities, including nonlinear technological progression, deeper customization of chosen factions, and an entire alien world that will change the very identity of each faction based on their choices.

• Seed the Adventure: Players will establish a cultural identity, select a leader and sponsor an expedition by assembling the spacecraft, cargo and colonists through a series of choices that directly impact starting conditions when arriving on the new alien planet.

• Alien World: Exploring the benefits and dangers of a new planet filled with dangerous terrain, mystical resources and hostile lifeforms unlike those of Earth, players will build outposts, unearth ancient alien relics, tame new forms of life, develop flourishing cities and establish trade routes to create prosperity for their people.

• New Technology Web: Reflecting forward progress in an uncertain future, technology advancement will occur through a series of nonlinear choices that affect the development of mankind. The tech web is organized around three broad themes, each with a distinct victory condition.

• New Quest System: Quests are infused with fiction about the planet, and will help guide players through a series of side missions that will aid in the collection of resources, upgrading units, and advancing through the game.

• New Orbital Layer: Players will build and deploy advanced military, economic and scientific satellites that provide strategic offensive, defensive and support capabilities from orbit.

“Having celebrated its 23rd anniversary last year, Civilization has cemented its reputation as one of the greatest and longest running franchises in video game history,” said Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K. “Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth builds upon that success by pushing the series in new directions with players exploring an unknown future on an alien planet.”

“The Civ team was excited about the opportunity to continue the story of Civilization into the future, because it allows the team to break free of historical context,” said Sid Meier, director of creative development at Firaxis Games. “We’ve always let our fans create the history of mankind, and Civilization: Beyond Earth will now let them create the future.”
In addition to its use of DirectX 11, Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth will be among the first wave of products optimized for the latest in AMD graphics technologies, including: the new Mantle graphics API, for enhanced graphics performance; AMD CrossFire™, for UltraHD resolutions and extreme image quality; and AMD Eyefinity, which allows for a panoramic gameplay experience on up to six different HD displays off of a single graphics card.

Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth is not yet rated by the ESRB, and will be available for Windows PC, Mac and Linux in North America this fall for $49.99. Take a look at some of the debut screen shots below. If you're interested in finding out more, you can head over to its official Civilization website right here.

n1zm0
04-12-2014, 11:20 PM
You win, didn't even search just saw it on my newsfeed. :(

Edit: it's not even in the correct subthread! :poosie:

Cos
04-13-2014, 10:55 AM

schocker
04-13-2014, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by n1zm0
You win, didn't even search just saw it on my newsfeed. :(

Edit: it's not even in the correct subthread! :poosie:
Whatever man, its the thought that counts. :rofl:

I am mostly excited about all the new units and gameplay concepts in the game. I like that they are keeping the hex tiles as I thought that was a huge improvement also no unit stacking. You will be able to stack an upper layer unit though I believe ie satellite.

flipstah
04-13-2014, 02:06 PM
And there goes my daily routine. :banghead:

mork
04-13-2014, 02:12 PM
About time they did an alpha centauri sequel.

Redlined_8000
04-13-2014, 02:35 PM
This looks like a sweet concept! Ive never been into the Civ games but maybe I will try this.

BerserkerCatSplat
04-13-2014, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by mork
About time they did an alpha centauri sequel.

My thoughts exactly.

JaffX
08-23-2014, 12:19 PM
You can now pre-purchase this game on steam, coming out on October 24, can't wait! :clap:

A790
08-23-2014, 12:28 PM
Can't wait, though I won't pre-purchase because fuck that. Gamers need to stop doing this pre-purchase shit given that we don't know how the game is until it's released...

schocker
08-23-2014, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by A790
Can't wait, though I won't pre-purchase because fuck that. Gamers need to stop doing this pre-purchase shit given that we don't know how the game is until it's released...
That is why it is fun to chance it! I did that with Thief, totally worth it! :rofl:

Civ is always a safe pre-order though as it is always good. I generally do pre-order though because I can stack coupons with discounts on GMG and get games pre-ordered for like 30-40% off which isn't bad at all.

JaffX
08-25-2014, 08:58 AM
I didn't pre-purchase it, I usually wait until there's a steam sale before buying games now because i'm cheap :rofl:

schocker
08-25-2014, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by JaffX
I didn't pre-purchase it, I usually wait until there's a steam sale before buying games now because i'm cheap :rofl:
Should have bought it with the E3 promos, I got it through amazon for like $29!

xnvy
08-25-2014, 11:55 AM
Give it until next summer when it goes on 80% off and like $15 :rofl:

schocker
08-25-2014, 12:44 PM
There can be no waiting for civ, I need it immediately!

n1zm0
10-15-2014, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by schocker
There can be no waiting for civ, I need it immediately!

Next week! I can't remember the last time a game was released on a Friday come to think of it.

yEl9kI2Aluw

edit, Some gameplay as the 'Slavic Federation':

WoBsWUnGXOQ

schocker
10-15-2014, 02:40 PM
^^I am hoping amazon prime gets it to me on friday!

Friday releases are always the worst as you likely don't get it until monday if you buy physical. That is why I started buying digital games. (This was too cheap not to get physically)

n1zm0
10-15-2014, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by schocker
^^I am hoping amazon prime gets it to me on friday!

Friday releases are always the worst as you likely don't get it until monday if you buy physical. That is why I started buying digital games. (This was too cheap not to get physically)

http://i.imgur.com/GkJiX.jpg

who still buys physical copies PC games :poosie: anyways, hoping for a preload on Steam, I still haven't pre-ordered it :/

killramos
10-15-2014, 02:57 PM
Always a great way to kill time on flights etc for me. Used it to great effect procrastinating in school.

schocker
10-15-2014, 06:32 PM
who still buys physical copies PC games :poosie: anyways, hoping for a preload on Steam, I still haven't pre-ordered it :/
It was like $25, I preordered witcher physical also :rofl:

Tik-Tok
10-27-2014, 01:18 PM
Anyone pick it up over the weekend? Quickly getting bored of D3 again, but am deciding between finally getting the RoS expansion, or picking this up now.

schocker
10-27-2014, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
Anyone pick it up over the weekend? Quickly getting bored of D3 again, but am deciding between finally getting the RoS expansion, or picking this up now.
I played it all weekend. Never playing centuri, I like it a lot. Feels familiar as it is based on civ v but enough changes and modifications that it plays much differently. ie trade is super important, wonders are only sort of important, interesting victory conditions, interested tech web. I think I am 13 hrs in now.

killramos
10-27-2014, 02:50 PM
Sounds fun. I always thought wonders were smug anyways.

n1zm0
10-28-2014, 08:41 AM
I tried it on Friday a bit, then couldn't settle into a long session, I have to set some time aside to really give it a shot I guess.

schocker
10-28-2014, 08:48 AM
I tried it on Friday a bit, then couldn't settle into a long session, I have to set some time aside to really give it a shot I guess.
On quick it took me like 7+hrs to finish a game! Seems much longer than civ v but maybe I could have started working on my victory early by like an hour or so.

themack89
11-06-2014, 10:35 PM
Just finished my first game on standard. As a fan of Civ 5 and Civ 2 (never played 3 or 4) I absolutely love this game.

Went for the Transcendence victory, utilized my spies a lot to keep stealing technology to get all three required for the Mind Flower. Only stuck with 3 cities and just grew them aggressively. Maxed out trade routes as soon as I could.

It's a ton of fun! Love it