PDA

View Full Version : Quality Belt

chathamf
04-15-2014, 08:52 PM
My mom is in town to visit from Nova Scotia and is looking for a good quality belt to buy her hubby while in town. Just looking for something genuine leather, high quality - maybe hand made. Not looking for something fancy, but a mans man leather belt.

Any suggestions?

ExtraSlow
04-15-2014, 09:12 PM
Not exactly what you are asking for, but the best belts I've ever had are from Saddleback Leather.
In town, no idea, all the belts I've bought here have been junk "fashion" belts.

shakalaka
04-15-2014, 11:42 PM
To be honest I have two belts that I really use and they are both 'fashion' belts. One is a Hermes belt with a H for the buckle. That was expensive, but is it ever worth it. I've worn it pretty much every single day with suits for almost 2 years and it barely shows any issues. Just the buckle is starting to get scratches from being thrown around. The other one is a lot cheaper Diesel belt that I must have bought 5 years ago or something. Use it with causal clothes and no issues at all.

The only ones I know of local are the designer belts but not sure if that's what your mom is going for.

Mar
04-16-2014, 12:40 AM
I have an orange Calvin Klein belt that is the highest quality belt I've owned so far and I've had a lot of leather belts. Bought it locally.

woodywoodford
04-16-2014, 05:31 AM
I've got a couple Allen Edmonds belts, they're good. Only had them since Christmas though so can't say much for their long-term prospects. Bought at O'Connors.

Mitsu3000gt
04-16-2014, 08:51 AM
+1 for Allen Edmonds belts, they are awesome.

sputnik
04-16-2014, 01:33 PM
Saddleback Leather

asp integra
04-16-2014, 05:07 PM
I sell Belts here at Alberta Boot, but for the most part they are all western style. The one I am wearing currently is over 10 years old and has been worn almost every day of my life. Real leather FTW!

Puffi
04-20-2014, 06:33 AM
I really love hermes belts on guys, their subtle yet stylish. The quality is amazing and a belt is something every man should invest in.

Prada or burberry belts go nice with a suit.
Louis vuitton belts are more flashy.
The leather diesel belts are casual and not bad quality if you're on a budget.

tenth
04-22-2014, 09:16 AM
For "Man's man" as opposed to designer saddleback leather is a great choice, but can't be bought locally. I do own brown and black Filson belts, which are also made of tougher than average leather. I'm several years in and they're both holding up well. I bought online (cheaper shipping than saddleback), but "Hanson's Outfitters" on 1st street SW between 8 and 9 Ave is apparently a flagship dealer and I imagine carries them.

http://www.filson.com/products/1-1-4-leather-belt.63203.html?fromCat=true&fvalsProduct=mens/belts-and-suspenders&fmetaProduct=1011/

genesis0403
04-22-2014, 03:22 PM
If he's a jean type of person, then Varvatos belts are not bad. They run 70s, 80s at Harry Rosen. If he's a dress pants type, then Paul Smith belts will run 160 or so at Holt Renfrew. There is also Hugo Boss belts which she can get at good prices at the CrossIron Boss store. Aside from them, recommendations for Allen Edmonds seem alright as they're known for leather shoes. You would have more options if you had the time to order online but I'm guessing you don't really.