PDA

View Full Version : Bent spoke Alloy Repair

Zetsu
04-17-2014, 04:00 PM
Hey guys, I got myself in quite the situation recently. Due to that snowy period we had and a lady walking in the middle of a merge lane, I have one bent wheel. I was previously Inventory manager for Wheel Pro's and worked with Alberta Wheel Repair, and I know this is something neither of them would even touch. It's more than just a bent lip, the spoke is bent. It didn't crack it's just stressed (you can see the paint separating). So I'm wondering if any of you may know of someone that may be able to repair it? It's not quite as simple as buying a new wheel as they're not very common.

-Thanks!

mr2mike
04-17-2014, 04:26 PM
Look for a used set? I'd worry about the structural integrity going forward.
Also I'd look into other damage to your hub.

ianmcc
04-17-2014, 04:51 PM
Try these guys.
http://www.calgarytireshop.com/
I have used them for several tire swaps and they repaired a crack in my BBS-same day service.
Recommend them-can't hurt to see what they say.

03ozwhip
04-17-2014, 09:44 PM
I used kwiksilver wheel repair, they do good work.

italianstylez
04-17-2014, 09:45 PM
Nobody will touch it, and it's stupid to try barrel is fine but once spokes are bent then heated and attempted to be straightened you lose all sorts of strength making it a huge liability for yourself and others , as well as the person performing the repair

relyt92
04-17-2014, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip
I used kwiksilver wheel repair, they do good work. I've seen some pretty good results from Joe there, never used them myself though.

cancer man
04-18-2014, 04:00 AM
Post a pic of the rim your looking for.(or trying to get repaired)include size and car make and is the rim factory or aftermarket.

Zetsu
04-19-2014, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by cancer man
Post a pic of the rim your looking for.(or trying to get repaired)include size and car make and is the rim factory or aftermarket.
The 5th picture is the wheel, the other info will be in the ad. The bend is very minor you won't be able to notice it in the picture, it's the bottom right spoke.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-image.html?adId=578909008&image=4&enableSearchNavigationFlag=false