PDA

View Full Version : Being an asshole - own it

Env-Consultant
05-23-2014, 11:44 PM
Last weekend adidas posted a pile of DB responses in a camping thread and all of his (and the corresponding responses) were conviently removed.

Cam recently post that maybe an overzealous mod got to the thread.

Here is my response, since I'm sure it'll be deleted from the camping thread - you know - wouldn't want it to get off topic..

Yeah I think so too - but I'm not convinced that someone isn't buddy-buddy with adidias. I understand the thread needs to keep on track, but when someone is being a fucktard asshole and has a pile of Beyond members calling them out on it, it's extremely disappointing to see it removed.

No idea who adidas is, but like fuck I'd invite him out for a Beyond campfire in my backyard after that BS.

Be a dick - fine - but leave it up so everyone can see it and treat you accordingly. Not the case here - adidas gets to act like a 5 year old and the mods conveniently remove it so the thread doesn't get derailed? BS.

I'm not trying to be a bitch about it and I'm super easy going, but seriously? Look at the other responses - it was completely ridiculous to remove that to "keep it on topic". I've seen way worse derails and they haven't been touched, so the BS can be cut.

The truth would be nice. :dunno:

Mista Bob
05-24-2014, 12:18 AM
I saw his posts and I'm not surprised they were removed. Why wouldn't they have been?

Exact same thing would have happened on most other forums I've been on.

Env-Consultant
05-24-2014, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Mista Bob
Exact same thing would have happened on most other forums I've been on.

Maybe on "most other forums", but this is Beyond. Members here are from a different cut. Don't like it? Join CalgaryPuck :thumbsdow

Let me reiterate my point based on a few reponses:

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
Censorship.

Gay.

Adidas is a fag (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Originally posted by speedog
Censorship now on beyond and for those of us that were reading this thread, it's pretty obvious that something is amiss in this thread.

So now the question is why some members can have a fair bit of stuff removed from a thread while others can get bashed almost to death - I'm also not going to apologize if this thread gets derailed as this is an issue that the mod's should address.

There's moderation and then there's what happened in this thread - even a simple explanation from a moderator as to why Adidas can get stuff removed while others can't would be nice. Then the rest of us will have a better idea as to which rule was broken - if it was "General Forum Rule #1" then mark me down as confused as I've seen way more intense shit allowed to stand on Beyond then what was removed from this thread.

Originally posted by GTS4tw
What. In. the. Fuck. Beyond, what happened? I thought the mods here weren't a bunch of pussies? It is the best thing about beyond. Or at least it was. Hopefully this is some noob mod and the others can slap some sense into them.

Oh, and Adidas is a fag.

Gay comments aside, clearly what happened goes against what Beyond stands for. Don't bullshit and say it was to keep the thread on track - have you seen some of the derails here and subsequent ripping apart of the douchebag derailers? That is what adidas did and what he got - but then he got it removed :rofl:

Mista Bob
05-24-2014, 12:47 AM
Don't recall saying I disliked something, just don't get how its even remotely worth getting worked up over.
Especially for such a super easy going individual such as yourself.
:drama: :whocares:

kenny
05-24-2014, 12:56 AM
I think you have a huge misconception of what these forums are all about. We try to clean up the threads but a ton of stuff will be missed. Once some threads are derailed there is usually no point in saving it. This camping thread I saw it and cleaned it up and you're complaining? WTF is wrong with you?

Just like your camping thread title... I have no words. :banghead:

englishbob
05-24-2014, 05:54 AM
Who really cares?
Don't like the way the mods do things then go and start your own forum.
It's the internet,not worth having a coronary over.

speedog
05-24-2014, 06:49 AM
I'll stand by my comments above and will say that I am disappointed in what happened.

Whether or not people like to admit it, there is some very apparent favouritism on Beyond - you're either part of the group or you're not. It's apparent by whom gets raked over the coals for bumping threads and those that can bump age old shit with no impunity - it is what it is on Beyond. It's also apparent by which threads are allowed to get derailed while others aren't (re:this discussion) and yes, there have been threads that have become derailed since this thread which is being debated - maybe not derailed as much, but still derailed.

Personally, I don't really care if I am a part of the 'in' group or not - I still find Beyond a slightly entertaining place to spend some time no different than Calgary Puck, Calgary Skyscraper or several other Calgary focused forums. Each is moderated in a slightly different fashion - hell, on Calgary Skyscraper your posts will just get removed without any explanation. That is a forum where there certainly appears to be way more favouritism than here in Beyond.

Never the less, I'll tip my hat to Beyond's moderators - it's a tough job. Been there, done that and don't envy them - a thick skin is needed and after all, they're human as well.

Env-Consultant
05-24-2014, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by kenny
I think you have a huge misconception of what these forums are all about. We try to clean up the threads but a ton of stuff will be missed. Once some threads are derailed there is usually no point in saving it. This camping thread I saw it and cleaned it up and you're complaining? WTF is wrong with you?

Just like your camping thread title... I have no words. :banghead:

Alright - at this point, it's not worth it. I don't really have a choice other than to take your word that it was a simple cleanup. I'll drop it and quit wasting everyone's time.

eglove
05-24-2014, 08:04 AM
The Internet is serious business

Kijho
05-24-2014, 09:23 AM
:rofl:

16hypen3sp
05-24-2014, 09:57 AM
Well shit... I didn't get to see all of adidas posts and now I can't judge him accordingly.

Let the people have their words and let their history stand.

But thats just me.

euro_racer
05-24-2014, 10:16 AM
Seems to me that someone is on the rag... :drama:

16hypen3sp
05-24-2014, 11:04 AM
I'm tempted to bump a super, SUPER old thread just to see the outcome.

J.M.
05-24-2014, 12:32 PM
do it

A790
05-24-2014, 12:57 PM
Has everyone forgotten what Ask Leo is for? :)

Isaiah
05-24-2014, 02:54 PM
His name is adidas. Always will be. And people will always know him by that.

whiteout
05-24-2014, 04:19 PM
Can we please move this to Leo and then have a Survivor?

Adidas vs. a random '14 grudge match. Two enter, one exits.

Env-Consultant
05-24-2014, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by A790
Has everyone forgotten what Ask Leo is for? :)

I honestly don't even know and can't be bothered to go read up on it (right now anyways). I chucked the thread in here based on Kenny's suggestion.

Are you coming over for a campfire this summer? I just finished my fire pit about an hour ago. Don't even think of bringing adidas with you :rofl:

ExtraSlow
05-24-2014, 07:10 PM
I'm a pretty big asshole. I think I should be pals with adidas. :love: :love:

spikerS
05-24-2014, 07:36 PM
whatever, this is so fucking retarded.

Everyone knows Beyond has it's assholes, and if anyone is going to get this worked up over it and try to harass the asshole, should be lumped in with the asshole.

To be this concerned over it is pretty pathetic. You should be happy GTS_Jeff isn't around like he used to be, because if he was, I would hate to see how much sand you would get in your vag.

Assholes. :rofl:

Now move on with your life.

rage2
05-24-2014, 07:42 PM
What's hilarious is that it was all over favoritism for adidas, and none of us knows who he or she is.

Mista Bob
05-24-2014, 07:50 PM
It's a conspiracy maaaaaaaaan

ExtraSlow
05-24-2014, 08:43 PM
Jeff's still around man. He's just assholin' more subtly.

Mibz
05-25-2014, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by rage2
What's hilarious is that it was all over favoritism for adidas, and none of us knows who he or she is. Yeah, if you're going to accuse me of something outlandish like having friends, at least figure out who they are first.

Env-Consultant
05-25-2014, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by spikerS
whatever, this is so fucking retarded.

Everyone knows Beyond has it's assholes, and if anyone is going to get this worked up over it and try to harass the asshole, should be lumped in with the asshole.

To be this concerned over it is pretty pathetic. You should be happy GTS_Jeff isn't around like he used to be, because if he was, I would hate to see how much sand you would get in your vag.

Assholes. :rofl:

Now move on with your life.

Like I said - it's done and I'm not going to bitch about it anymore. My problem wasn't adidas - it was the fact that it appeared a mod was playing favourites at some point, and that's not the Beyond I know. After Kenny's response it cleared things up....

Thank god GTS Jeff isn't around - my puss would be in pain :rofl:

max_boost
05-25-2014, 10:00 AM
Just laugh it off next time. You been on the internet long enough you just don't care. Random trolling got to you dude.

egmilano
05-25-2014, 10:11 AM
environmentalists man....:poosie:

Cos
05-25-2014, 07:39 PM

DeleriousZ
05-26-2014, 08:01 AM
How to own being an asshole.

Step 1:
Create a mildly humorous but otherwise offensive avatar.

Step 2:
Start being an asshole. Bonus points for including just enough sarcasm or humor to not get banned.

Step 3:
??????????

Step 4:
Profit.

JRSC00LUDE
05-26-2014, 09:44 AM
UrgpZ0fUixs

CMW403
05-28-2014, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Env-Consultant

Like I said - it's done and I'm not going to bitch about it anymore. My problem wasn't adidas - it was the fact that it appeared a mod was playing favourites at some point, and that's not the Beyond I know. After Kenny's response it cleared things up....

Thank god GTS Jeff isn't around - my puss would be in pain :rofl:

The beyond you know?

When did you join again?

benyl
05-28-2014, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by CMW403

The beyond you know?

When did you join again?

6 months is a long time to get the lay of the land. :rofl:

A790
05-28-2014, 12:26 PM
He probably lurked for a while before joining.

Mibz
05-28-2014, 01:10 PM
Nobody lurks Beyond and then decides "You know what, this seems like a neat place to be. I should join in!". They create an account and dive in head first without looking.

The lucky ones manage to miss the bottom, but some people end up e-paraplegics.

schocker
05-28-2014, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
Nobody lurks Beyond and then decides "You know what, this seems like a neat place to be. I should join in!". They create an account and dive in head first without looking.

The lucky ones manage to miss the bottom, but some people end up e-paraplegics.
I lurked for yearsss before joining then didn't post :D

Sugarphreak
05-28-2014, 02:20 PM

GTS4tw
05-28-2014, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Maybe non-linear? or Spoons?

Non-linear = FixedGear and Spoons is still around I think....

Sugarphreak
05-28-2014, 03:48 PM

R154
05-28-2014, 04:42 PM
Mibz is just hilarious in here. I almost IRL lost my job for laughing so hard. Boss read his comments, boss laughed in chorus.

Well done, well done.

BerserkerCatSplat
05-28-2014, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
FixedGear seems much nicer than Non-linear

He's much more chill these days, but it's the same guy.

relyt92
05-28-2014, 06:37 PM

The lucky ones manage to miss the bottom, but some people end up e-paraplegics. That's exactly what I did haha, lurked for 6-8 months before signing up probably.

Melinda
05-28-2014, 07:48 PM
Mods don't have favorites. We hate everyone equally. :burnout:

JRSC00LUDE
05-29-2014, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by R154
Mibz is just hilarious in here. I almost IRL lost my job for laughing so hard. Boss read his comments, boss laughed in chorus.

Well done, well done.

Holy shit, you're still around!

Now change your fucking avatar, it's outdated.

:poosie:

R154
05-29-2014, 10:42 AM
I wont change it until you fish my drowning ass out of a river. Besides kritafo damaged jeff. He's never coming back.

JRSC00LUDE
05-29-2014, 10:44 AM
I wont change it until you fish my drowning ass out of a river. Besides kritafo damaged jeff. He's never coming back.

He has posted as recently as this week kind sir!

http://forums.beyond.ca/st2/help-me-pick-2nd-hand-awd-manual/showthread.php?s=&threadid=382468&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=2

R154
05-29-2014, 10:46 AM
I knew he was unbanned, but his edge has been dulled by the mundane and frivolous posts following the expansion of the beyond empire. In any event, just for you, I shall swap it.

Mibz
05-29-2014, 11:18 AM

Well done, well done. [FAVOURITISM INTENSIFIES]

R154
05-29-2014, 11:48 AM
Hows married life treating ya bud? BTW I have never heard so much complaining on a honeymoon as you too did. But I am sure they were really unfriendly lol.

JRSC00LUDE
05-29-2014, 12:11 PM
I knew he was unbanned, but his edge has been dulled by the mundane and frivolous posts following the expansion of the beyond empire. In any event, just for you, I shall swap it.

He's been neutered, kinda like Mibz! :poosie:

R154
05-29-2014, 01:01 PM
Women. it'll happen.

R154
05-29-2014, 01:02 PM
My girlfriend made me give up on beyond. She thinks its unhealthy, sort of like having adult psuedo-imaginary friends. I'm starting to think shes right.

JRSC00LUDE
05-29-2014, 01:04 PM
It's way less unhealthy than pinterest.

Cos
05-29-2014, 02:43 PM

J.M.
05-29-2014, 03:44 PM
fuck pinterest

JRSC00LUDE
05-29-2014, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Cos
jesus f*k maybe she just liked the look of the cupcake.

I like the look of your wife's cupcake! :poosie:

max_boost
05-29-2014, 04:47 PM
lol :rofl:

Cos
05-29-2014, 05:50 PM

Sugarphreak
05-30-2014, 04:21 PM

Mibz
05-30-2014, 04:22 PM
I think he's insinuating that his wife is a closet lesbian but they struggle through their loveless marriage for the sake of their parents' pride.

Sugarphreak
05-30-2014, 04:27 PM

Mibz
05-30-2014, 05:51 PM
Either way, I'm hungry.

Tik-Tok
05-30-2014, 06:56 PM
I think he's insinuating that his wife is a closet lesbian but they struggle through their loveless marriage for the sake of their parents' pride.

Yeah, kind of depressed me when I read it. Then I thought of having tacos for supper, followed by cupcakes. That cheered me back up.

cancer man
05-31-2014, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Melinda
Mods don't have favorites. We hate everyone equally. :burnout:

Do you have a bikini pic? I would say topless but not to be rude.:guns:

btimbit
05-31-2014, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Env-Consultant

Maybe on "most other forums", but this is Beyond. Members here are from a different cut. Don't like it? Join CalgaryPuck :thumbsdow

Just love how true this is :D On CP I get labelled a racist for pointing out that they drive differently in Shanghai than they do in Canada. Yet on Beyond, I often forget we even have mods

JRSC00LUDE
05-31-2014, 10:25 AM
:rofl:

Melinda
05-31-2014, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by cancer man

Do you have a bikini pic? I would say topless but not to be rude.:guns:
Seriously.

Unknown303
05-31-2014, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Melinda

Seriously. :rofl: :rofl:

I also agree with everything said about COS, he won't even come out ang enjoy 300 dollar bottles of scotch with me anymore = trying to hard to keep marriage alive. :D