PDA

View Full Version : Kid steals grandfather's Veloster, Ram driver delivers justice

n1zm0
06-02-2014, 11:19 AM
The speeds this kid was driving through the field next to other people :nut: GJ on the Ram driver (you see him parked in the lot when it goes through the field)

Mjevs7580-I

Bh9wlJF7VwI

D'z Nutz
06-02-2014, 11:50 AM
My name is James Tiberius Kirk!

Tik-Tok
06-02-2014, 12:04 PM
Good on the truck owner. I hope insurance doesn't screw him over.

redbaron303
06-02-2014, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
Good on the truck owner. I hope insurance doesn't screw him over.
They probably will.... but there's civil court where the boy's family I'm sure would be responsible....

WTF is wrong with people? 14 years old and stealing cars.... :-/ Crazy.

xnvy
06-02-2014, 12:34 PM
That was cool but hopefully the guy in the truck didn't get hurt.

Kid is really stupid though. Came awfully close to the kid on the bike. Not to mention I wouldn't trust a 14 year old's car control to keep him from hitting the kid on the bike when he's driving on bumpy grass at speed.

roll_over
06-02-2014, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by redbaron303

LXZfuC0vi4g
qcqOgnQyXp4

xnvy
06-02-2014, 12:48 PM
Usually he's well-behaved, but shit he's with the homies.

rage2
06-02-2014, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by redbaron303
Nothing new. I've been unofficially driving since I was 13. I just didn't pretend it was GTA haha.

revelations
06-02-2014, 12:55 PM
The real question is ... a Veloster owned by grandparents?

tha_bandit
06-02-2014, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by revelations

In this day of teenage pregnancies, they could be on the younger side :nut:

MGCM
06-02-2014, 01:18 PM

it happens, all us beyonders will be one of them one day ;) grandparents and still tryin to be baller lol ftw:thumbsup:

duaner
06-02-2014, 01:19 PM
This is, of course, on Facebook. The truck driver actually posted on there in response and a guy stepped up saying he owned a body shop and would donate all the labour to fixing the truck.

icky2unk
06-02-2014, 01:38 PM
Is he legally allowed to do that or is the truck danger up to get fined?

FraserB
06-02-2014, 01:43 PM
I think something somewhat similar happened in town, IIRC the insurance company covered it and the police looked the other way.

Edit: It was Edmonton and the Hummer driver was never charged. The driver of the car he drove into was charged with dangerous driving. Police actually recommended him for an award.

D'z Nutz
06-02-2014, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by tha_bandit

In this day of teenage pregnancies, they could be on the younger side :nut:

:werd: For all we know, the grandparents could be in their 40's hahaha

Xtrema
06-02-2014, 01:46 PM

Old folks love cheap, practical cars.

Most cheap car aimed at youngster ended up in old people's drive ways. Honda Element, Scions and the old favorite, Corolla and Civics.

Originally posted by D'z Nutz

My aunt was a grandparent at 46. And that's almost 30 years ago.

Kloubek
06-02-2014, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by FraserB
I think something somewhat similar happened in town, IIRC the insurance company covered it and the police looked the other way.

It would be a PR nightmare if the insurance company and/or cops held the guy liable. He intentionally ended the situation to save lives... if he got in any kind of trouble for that, you better believe the parents of those children in the park and national media would be all over it. Better for agencies to be preemptive so they don't look bad. I'm sure the guy is getting a new truck at no expense of his own.

But you know what, even though it would totally suck to write off my vehicle (if my insurance didn't cover me) I would do it in a second if I felt I had to do so to save live(s). Stuff is just stuff.

jwslam
06-02-2014, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
If you had a kid at 14, and they did the same, you could be grandpa at 30! :nut:

spikerS
06-02-2014, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
But you know what, even though it would totally suck to write off my vehicle (if my insurance didn't cover me) I would do it in a second if I felt I had to do so to save live(s). Stuff is just stuff.

Ditto. As much as I love my truck, at the end of the day it was bought with money, and money can buy another one, no amount of money would bring back one of those kids. I would do the same in a heartbeat. It would suck to be without a ride for awhile, but I can always get another truck.