PDA

View Full Version : my 2011 grand caravan needs more power!

gimp
06-14-2014, 11:24 PM
ok don't laugh but does anyone know if/what I can do to supe up my van and make it loud and mean ?

Its a wheelchair accessible modified van, it's the only vehicle I can get in... so getting a different vehicle is not an option.

it has a pentastar v6 engine that does 283 HP, my dream is to hit 400hp+.. and have loud pipes (if that's even possible IDK)

i would even buy a new engine and modify the van to fit if need be, I dont care what it costs!!

Sugarphreak
06-14-2014, 11:28 PM

pheoxs
06-14-2014, 11:38 PM
Anything is doable. If I remember right this guy is from Calgary and would probably be around 400hp in that caravan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78InPT4iqlw

Redlined_8000
06-14-2014, 11:39 PM
For 400hp+ you will most likely need to supercharge.

If you want to make it loud im sure you could buy a catback exhaust system. Wont gain much power from that however.

Good luck on your modding adventures!

xnvy
06-15-2014, 12:25 AM
LS swap with straight pipes??

I'm not mechanically inclined enough to know if that's feasible but just imagining it has me like :drool:

Tik-Tok
06-15-2014, 01:37 AM
78InPT4iqlw

xnvy
06-15-2014, 11:46 AM
^Pheoxs already posted that haha

gimp
06-15-2014, 06:19 PM
haha that video is crazy!

wish I could convert my van to RWD instead of FWD!

rx7_turbo2
06-15-2014, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by gimp
I dont care what it costs!!

In that case, yes anything is possible. :burnout:

Unknown303
06-15-2014, 07:49 PM
Ripp Mods makes a supercharger kit for the pentrastar. Mind you it's geared for the JK Wrangler but being the same engine it should work to some degree.

http://www.rippmods.com/shop/2012-jeep-jk

317hp to the rear wheels on 37" tires... :eek:

Darell_n
06-16-2014, 05:54 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but the Jeep and Van engines are facing different directions and I don't think any aftermarket will be compatible between the two.

Zetsu
06-16-2014, 12:18 PM
If this ends up happening it should definitely be submitted in the project threads. I would be all over this hahah

n1zm0
06-16-2014, 12:25 PM
Doesn't Dodge make an R/T version of the Caravan?

SRT8 Caravan needs to happen.

gimp
06-16-2014, 07:12 PM
how hard would it be to put in a new bigger engine ?

gimp
06-16-2014, 07:26 PM
I'd love to make it as loud as this lol

zGml84qMsgc

mr2mike
06-20-2014, 06:49 AM
If you're willing to really modify and cut, anything is possible but why not just find a Porsche Caymen Turbo and modify it so you can get in and out of it. Seems easier and cheaper.

ExtraSlow
06-20-2014, 07:04 AM
Mike, you mean a cayenne?

If you want loud, one of the old E-series vans caould be built with a nice big V8 in it. Straight pipes and no cats, bam, you got loud. Not likely to be actually fast though.

Your current platform is probably a good starting point for mods. I don't know who in town is the go-to shop for mopar stuff. This will likely involve some custom work, but I'm sure that engine has options availible for it.

Probably first thing I'd do is find some of the wheels off a town and country or a caravan "blacktop" edition. Some tint and smoked headlights would look good on your van too.

Good luck man. This is an interesting project.

Darell_n
06-20-2014, 08:33 AM
I wouldn't need much to gain some HP. Building a turbo kit wouldn't be too bad if there is any room under the hood at at, but tuning it may be impossible if it's anything like other Chysler vehicles.

mr2mike
06-20-2014, 09:01 AM
Sorry, Cayenne...

True, you could turbo it and then I guess pull wire diagrams, then start rewiring the engine harness for a standalone ECU. Probably the only way to really get the motor to run properly. I'm sure you'll have to adapt or add a few different sensors. It is do-able. But can't imagine the torque steer you'd have.

Unknown303
06-20-2014, 09:31 AM
I still think a Rippmods Supercharger kit with some custom piping would probably be the quickest way. Considering it comes with the tuning and everything else required the only thing that would have to be reworked is the air lines.

carson blocks
06-20-2014, 04:53 PM
I've put some thought in to this over the past few days. I realize you said changing vehicles is not an option due to mobility concerns, but is there a possibility a different accessible vehicle might work for you? The Caravan just isn't a mod friendly platform at all and to get anywhere near your power goals in that platform while retaining reliability and driveability will be a big challenge. You also said money wasn't a consideration, so here's my best stab at a solution.

http://www.amcmobility.com/images/wheelchair-vehicles/mobility-svm-truck.jpg

How about the Mobility SVM conversion on a Silverado/Sierra? I'm thinking maybe a 2wd with a 6/8" drop and the biggest V8 you can get in whatever trim level you choose. The 6.2 with the usual intake/headers/exhaust/tune should give you enough power and sound to put a smile on your face and the LSx/rwd platform is super mod friendly and the sky is the limit if you want to go crazy in the future with turbo kits etc.

http://www.amcmobility.com/wheelchair-vehicles/mobility-svm/
http://www.mobilitysvm.com/

ercchry
06-20-2014, 05:06 PM
you need something like this

MlI-EeB7e4E

https://www.facebook.com/RtpRacing

rx7_turbo2
06-20-2014, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by carson blocks
http://www.amcmobility.com/images/wheelchair-vehicles/mobility-svm-truck.jpg

I've never seen that. Someone was really using their noodle :thumbsup:

Seth1968
06-21-2014, 08:49 AM
I'm honestly curios gimp. Why do you want it so loud?

gimp
06-21-2014, 07:11 PM
i can't be the only guy that loves loud, mean gas guzzling engines. if i can't make it faster at least i can make it sound faster lol

firebane
06-21-2014, 07:42 PM
Loud != faster... Loud generally means obnoxious.

Seth1968
06-22-2014, 07:30 AM
i can't be the only guy that loves loud, mean gas guzzling engines. if i can't make it faster at least i can make it sound faster lol

So you want to disturb other people in the hopes they'll see how mean you are.

I think that's going to back fire on you.

Maybe try push ups instead?

gimp
06-23-2014, 08:22 PM
I want a loud and fast vehicle, apparently that makes me an asshole?

gimp
06-23-2014, 08:33 PM
at least some posters on here are contributing some good ideas, the truck looks cool, it wouldn't work for me unfortunately but thanks none the less!

I should mention I can't drive my vehicle, so i'll just be a passenger. I don't have enough use of my arms (also means I can't do fucking push ups, but thanks for the useful tip, seth1968) also means I'm in a power chair so that limits my options a bit.

Crazyjoker77
06-23-2014, 08:49 PM
What about just a big bottle of nitrous... probably the easiest way to get fast cheap. The big limitation I see there is that I'm pretty sure that thing is FWD with a open diff so you have nothing for traction and loads of torque steer. I doubt there is much for aftermarket trannies/lsd for it. I would also put water/meth injection in with the nitrous kit to squeeze out a little more power and make it a slightly more reliable setup.

I would also look into a electric exhaust cut out that goes to a set of straight pipes so you can still be civil and have the option to open up the exhaust and turn on the bottle when its race time... You sound gimped enough already you don't need to be deaf from exhaust drone.

slinkie
06-24-2014, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Seth1968

So you want to disturb other people in the hopes they'll see how mean you are.

I think that's going to back fire on you.

Maybe try push ups instead?

Who cares dude, he's trying to make the best of his situation and get some enjoyment out of a caravan. Why does it bother you when you're not even living in the same city?

Sorry got nothing constructive to add, if you just want cheap sound try getting any muffler shop to remove the cats and mufflers, it will throw a code if the vehicle has O2 sensors downstream of the cats though

Unknown303
06-24-2014, 12:09 PM
Yeah I'm a little surprised how on a car forum someone can get shit on for wanting to enhance his vehicle. I say go for it, I think it would be hilarious to watch a caravan take somone at a set of lights.

gimp
06-24-2014, 09:30 PM
might just get a vette or old camaro... I can get transferred into it with a hoist and have someone drive. not ideal but easier to make it fast! (and loud!)

will at least get new rims and tires, tint, etc for the van

carson blocks
06-24-2014, 10:14 PM
might just get a vette or old camaro... I can get transferred into it with a hoist and have someone drive. not ideal but easier to make it fast! (and loud!)

will at least get new rims and tires, tint, etc for the van

That sounds like a better idea. Cosmetic mods to your daily transport, but keep it reliable and streetable, and get a toy to screw around with and make unstreetable and unreliable.

ExtraSlow
06-25-2014, 07:02 AM
Rims and tint could make that van reasonably good looking.
maybe a whooo-whoo tip for the exhaust and some chrome stickers . . . .

R-Audi
06-25-2014, 01:34 PM
What about doing something more based on style then power?

Air suspension.. nice wheels.. etc.

http://www.airsociety.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/toyota-sienna-auto-customs-bagged-air-ride-suspension-stance-slammed-van-006.jpg

civic_stylez
06-25-2014, 03:34 PM
^^^ That is the way to go!

TheStigz
06-25-2014, 03:35 PM
at least some posters on here are contributing some good ideas, the truck looks cool, it wouldn't work for me unfortunately but thanks none the less!

I should mention I can't drive my vehicle, so i'll just be a passenger. I don't have enough use of my arms (also means I can't do fucking push ups, but thanks for the useful tip, seth1968) also means I'm in a power chair so that limits my options a bit.

Seth is just jelly because his dick is tiny, and has problems performing in bed. Limp dick unfortunelty... It just makes him feel that much better going after people who are disabled.

Take his useless post's as nothing but dirty panties. Always there to remind us he got lucky with the hags who don't get wet anymore

gimp
06-25-2014, 08:06 PM
because of the lowered floor i can't drop the suspension and make it any lower. the back is raised yup which makes the rear wheel well too high and looks silly - i'd like to get the rear fender customized to cover that wheel well. i'll post a pic

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y271/adidas28/vette/van-side_zpsdeaebaac.jpg

carson blocks
06-26-2014, 11:32 AM
Since it's already got a lift kit could you go to 20-24" wheels to fill up the gap a bit? Maybe have the only hi-riser/donk style Caravan in town? It's a bit of a ridiculous idea, but there are only so many ways to go with a lifted Caravan.

http://www.classiccarstodayonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/1972-Caprice-coupe-donk.jpg

It's easy to undo when it comes time to sell it too.

Darkane
06-26-2014, 11:52 AM
Assuming we're not getting trolled - this is what is do. Money not being a major factor.

Dodge ram or challenger v6 swap. 305hp out of the box.

+22 hp

Next ported throttle body - http://www.modernmuscleperformance.com/product/36l-v6-pentastar-ported-throttle-body

+5 hp

Custom exhaust single 3"

+5-10 hp

Cold air Intake

+5 hp

Diablo tuner

91 tune +10 hp (guessing here. Read it can be altered for fwd pentastar)

So all said and done?

Maybe 350hp. Van would rip pretty good.

revelations
06-26-2014, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
maybe a whooo-whoo tip for the exhaust and some chrome stickers . . . .

2002 called, they want their muffler tips back :rofl: