PDA

View Full Version : DIY bedliner?

r3ccOs
07-07-2014, 08:14 AM
my truck didn't have one, and I have both a Mat & a bedrug... but I'd still prefer to have something that I can pile in a load of wood and not have to vaccum out.

anyone have success doing a DIY?

Adrenaline101
07-11-2014, 01:09 PM
Since nobody has chimed in yet Ill throw in my experience.
I am yet to do an actual truck bed with the stuff but I have used the bed armor stuff that can tire sells to coat multiple things, rock sliders, inside of a monitor enclosure. Biggest thing I find is you need good abrasive prep work and multiple coats to get it thick enough to take some good impacts. I would hazard a guess on if you're buying a roll on kit for say $120-150, then I would buy twice the materials to ensure a proper coating.

CompletelyNumb
07-11-2014, 03:24 PM
I did it in my old chevy. Adreneline hit the nail on the head. Stuck better in spots that were "prepped" (paint worn off). Took two coats. I did it with the cheaper one Canadian tire sells and a foam roller. I think it cost me less than $60. Held up for years though with lots of abuse.

spike98
07-12-2014, 10:26 AM
Line-x extreme is under $500 tax in for a half ton and I believe has a life time warranty. Done in an afternoon and no mess to clean.

revelations
07-12-2014, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by CompletelyNumb
I did it in my old chevy. Adreneline hit the nail on the head. Stuck better in spots that were "prepped" (paint worn off). Took two coats. I did it with the cheaper one Canadian tire sells and a foam roller. I think it cost me less than $60. Held up for years though with lots of abuse.

:werd: Did the same with our weekend-project truck. Didnt do any prepwork besides hosing off the bed .... and its still good after 2 years :rofl: