PDA

View Full Version : Honda Fury?

16hypen3sp
07-07-2014, 06:58 PM
Anybody have one or know of someone that has one? Care to give a few details on it?

I'm definitely considering purchasing one. I found a few on kijiji and I have read a few reviews on them... kinda seems like an average chopper style bike straight from a mainstream manufacturer.

I'd much rather get one of these than some custom chopper thats over done by some guy in a mid life crisis.

The fury seems very well done. Honda didn't go overboard with it... visually. Looks better than the Yamaha Raider.

Graham_A_M
07-07-2014, 11:25 PM
LOL, I SO wanted to buy one before settling on my Vulcan. The problem is with them? Their designed and intended to be your typical Melrose bar type cruiser. Ride it to the bar, enjoy all the attention it gets, then ride it home, and thats about all their good for.

The 1300cc engine, combined with the puny aesthetic styled gas tank, make them useless for much of anything else. They'd get MAYBE 150 - 200km's to a tank on the highway.
Thats what killed it for me. I wanted a gorgeous cruiser, but I also wanted one that I can seriously cruise with, not stop continually at each and every gas bar on route, hoping there was one when I needed there to be.

As gorgeous as they are, their almost useless really... it BLEW my mind such an amazing bike, came from...... wait for it..... honda.... of all companies, a purveyor of absurdly boring transportation appliances.... but for much of anything really useable, one has to look elsewhere. I still want one today, but its hard to consider a Fury, when I get almost 400 to a tank with my Vulcan.... so.......:dunno: and its still a decent looking bike.

The Raiders, Ive yet to hear anything bad about them. I really haven't. Just mind blowing power, yet their well mannered and very decent on the highway. As amazing as the Fury's look. I think for the usable aspect? I'd rock a Raider over a Fury any day.

Kloubek
07-08-2014, 12:02 AM
My best friend has one. He really loves it.

But, this was his first bike, aside from dirt bikes so he really doesn't have much to compare it to.

16hypen3sp
07-08-2014, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
LOL, I SO wanted to buy one before settling on my Vulcan. The problem is with them? Their designed and intended to be your typical Melrose bar type cruiser. Ride it to the bar, enjoy all the attention it gets, then ride it home, and thats about all their good for.

Haha... thats all I want it for. :)

I never go on long tours throughout Alberta on my bikes. On the rare occasion that myself and my family do ride together, we usually just hang around central Alberta... maybe hit Calgary or Edmonton.

On the off chance that we actually do a major ride, I'd probably just rent a Harley again or use my mothers Boulevard while she uses her Shadow.

I would like this bike because, for the most part, I ride lone wolf style..... and its a hell of a lot cheaper than some modified Harley... and more reliable.

Mista Bob
07-08-2014, 02:42 AM
I'd say go for it. Test ride one if you can and if you like it buy it.
They are cool bikes and aside from alot of the chrome bits being chromed plastic (which really who cares), only other complaints are due to things that are normal on this sorta bike like low maximum lean angle and previously mentioned fuel capacity.

Otherwise haven't really heard anything negative about them.
Apparently they handle fairly well for being a raked out bike too.

16hypen3sp
07-08-2014, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by Mista Bob
I'd say go for it. Test ride one if you can and if you like it buy it.
They are cool bikes and aside from alot of the chrome bits being chromed plastic (which really who cares), only other complaints are due to things that are normal on this sorta bike like low maximum lean angle and previously mentioned fuel capacity.

Otherwise haven't really heard anything negative about them.
Apparently they handle fairly well for being a raked out bike too.

I agree with the low lean angle and fuel capacity... But I can live with that. Certainly will attempt a test ride before buying. I think they do look pretty damn cool. Don't know about buying one this year... Most likely next spring.

Graham_A_M
07-08-2014, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by 16hypen3sp

Haha... thats all I want it for. :)

I never go on long tours throughout Alberta on my bikes. On the rare occasion that myself and my family do ride together, we usually just hang around central Alberta... maybe hit Calgary or Edmonton.

On the off chance that we actually do a major ride, I'd probably just rent a Harley again or use my mothers Boulevard while she uses her Shadow.

I would like this bike because, for the most part, I ride lone wolf style..... and its a hell of a lot cheaper than some modified Harley... and more reliable.

Far, far more reliable then a harley, I wouldn't even touch one if I were you, yeah if you did do any long touring, you may want to borrow your moms boulevard. I would sometimes put a jerry can in my back pack when I was on super long highways that I was unsure of, just an idea. Super unsafe, but that would sometimes work.

Sounds like the Fury would be a good bet for you, Id be super envious. :(

theken
07-08-2014, 04:41 PM
I was just looking at these. Next year I might pull the trigger

16hypen3sp
01-08-2015, 05:46 PM
GOT IT!!!!

Now the waiting for spring begins.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj186/manandmachinex411/fury_zps2d581c4e.jpg (http://s272.photobucket.com/user/manandmachinex411/media/fury_zps2d581c4e.jpg.html)

01RedDX
01-08-2015, 06:07 PM

16hypen3sp
01-08-2015, 06:25 PM
Awesome colour, pretty much matches my 1000RR. Got it from Blackfoot.

01RedDX
01-08-2015, 06:30 PM

16hypen3sp
01-08-2015, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
Sweet, ya I've narrowed it down to this or another model, but with a 8K budget, I can't find any under $11K. Might have to wait. :(

Yah they seem to be all over $11k, but the odd one does slip under that. I think the lowest I've ever seen one priced was $9800.

03ozwhip
01-09-2015, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by 16hypen3sp
GOT IT!!!!

Now the waiting for spring begins.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj186/manandmachinex411/fury_zps2d581c4e.jpg (http://s272.photobucket.com/user/manandmachinex411/media/fury_zps2d581c4e.jpg.html)

I was looking at that bike a bit ago, I think I might still get one next year, they're killer looking bikes, congrats.

Rocket1k78
01-10-2015, 12:13 PM
Very nice pick up! Theres good and bad with picking up a new bike during winter, you get some good deals but the wait to ride it is probably the worst.

16hypen3sp
01-10-2015, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Rocket1k78
Very nice pick up! Theres good and bad with picking up a new bike during winter, you get some good deals but the wait to ride it is probably the worst.

Oh the wait is already painful. Deal was decent.