PDA

View Full Version : University of New Brunswick OH&S

importracer
08-04-2014, 06:14 PM
Hi,

Has anyone taken the online certificate for Occupational Health & Safety through the University of New Brunswick?

How was the difficulty of the courses?

How much time is needed to complete each course?

Is the program as recognizable by employers as the UofA program?

The online flexibility is appealing and has me considering the University of New Brunswick program due to my work schedule.

Any advice/ tips will be appreciated.

Thanks,

egmilano
08-05-2014, 12:33 PM
My cousin did a year on the rigs, paid for one course, hasn't even finished it and now he's an ohs guy working in fort Mac. I kid you not he made over 120k last year by putting "ip" in progress on his resume next to it. . . I've been thinking of doing similar but I don't think with a new family I can do field work 3weeks on .... I know this is a sleazy post however point is company's need guys with it up north, I'd imagine it's a little tougher fining work in the city. To complement this get the saftey advisor or saftey officer(2 years construction experience needed) certification from alberta saftey which is what he did before enrolling. A girl I worked with, her husband did the saftey officer route only and landed a job as saftey consultant up north and works on the 3 week schedule as well.