PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill / P.T.

xnvy
08-14-2014, 01:44 PM
Anyone played the free teaser on PSN yet? I don't have a PS4 but I was watching my friend play it and http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4sxfhm0zf1rw7k3jo1_400.gif

I hate this game. Scary as shit. There's multiple ways to progress through the teaser so it doesn't get stale but holy hell it makes Outlast look like My Little Pony.

Here is a playthrough of the first part.

8vtrGF0ZTRc

Unfortunately we couldn't solve the puzzle at the end and quit after a while but apparently people have done that now.

spikerS
08-14-2014, 01:56 PM
I haven't played any of the silent hill or resident evil games.

I don't handle horror / scary shit well. Someone usually gets punched.

xnvy
08-15-2014, 05:54 PM
Same with me but this game was different. I was so scared I wanted to know what came next. Usually I just watch through my fingers, this I plaid with a tightened sphincter.

bXlTET9FXVw&t=13m40s

This video is actually hilarious and the only cliche jump scare is at 13:40.

n1zm0
08-15-2014, 05:57 PM
Yeah I saw a live stream of someone playing it, nope x1000, the person in the hallway, the person looking over the railing, all nope nope.

Dalking
08-15-2014, 06:07 PM
I've played and watched this 10 times over, the most awesome part is the ending and the fact that every player I've watched and my own experience, I've not seen the same steps required for each time.

It's randomised for every person/playthrough and the steps person A takes are completely different for person B and person C.

This is their playable teaser for the new silent hills game, Kojima stated that the graphics are lower quality than actuality also. I believe this is just a preview of their new game engine they developed for the new silent hill game. Scary as shit, and hard as shit to get through. I've watched countless people not be able to get through it.

xnvy
08-15-2014, 06:09 PM
Yeah, my friend and I got through it today. Completely different from the youtube videos we watched for hints and stuff. For example, for us the jump scare with the crazy Harlem Shake Lady happened right off the bat for us, when we first walked out of the room. I haven't seen it happen that early for anyone else. We also never got the girl in the bathroom or the stare-down from the balcony but we did get tons of red shit and all the pictures turned to eyes. Creepy as hell but so fun haha.

Dalking
08-15-2014, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by xnvy
Yeah, my friend and I got through it today. Completely different from the youtube videos we watched for hints and stuff. For example, for us the jump scare with the crazy Harlem Shake Lady happened right off the bat for us when we first walked out of the room. I haven't seen it happen that early for anyone else. We also never got the girl in the bathroom or the stare-down from the balcony but we did get tons of red shit and all the pictures turned to eyes. Creepy as hell but so fun haha. I watched my brothers friends play it on stream last night, the lady showed up in the hallways only once, meanwhile when I played, she spooked me literally every time I turned around. Now I'm wondering, is this going to be like that RING movie, where anyone who plays dies in 10 days or something lol

n1zm0
08-15-2014, 06:43 PM
Yep I just watched this guy try to figure it out, something about getting the baby to cry twice? Either way, really cool game with Norman Reedus in it too lol, but Idk if I could commit to playing this game yet :rofl:

Fml:
http://i.imgur.com/ceVfb3a.jpg

xnvy
08-15-2014, 06:59 PM
Here's another screenshot

http://i.imgur.com/KrhdC3a.jpg

403Gemini
08-16-2014, 09:38 AM
Fuuuck this almost makes me want to buy a PS4 even though I'm more of an Xbox fan (still on the fence on which to buy lol)

xnvy
08-16-2014, 10:36 AM
Well P.T. is just a playable teaser for Silent Hills and there are rumours the full game could be a multi-platform. The final game will probably be in 3rd person too based on the rest of the series I'm told. I doubt P.T. will be available on anything else though. I wouldn't choose a PS4 over and XBOne for P.T. though. I would simply because of Naughty Dog or Silent Hills but now I'm going OT. :D

.jl-
09-04-2014, 04:43 PM
Words from Kojima -

"He went on to explain that there is a danger with making a game that is too scary. For a scary movie or a frightening amusement park ride, people can just close their eyes and wait until it ends. But in the context of games, people will stop playing if they are too scared; but Kojima isn't concerned about this.

That being said...this game looks scary as shit! can't wait.

black13
09-04-2014, 05:00 PM
Silent Hill games were always the scariest games for me. I played them all till Silent Hill 4.

That walkthrough looked scary as hell. Glad Kojima is doing it cause the series went downhill after 4.