PDA

View Full Version : Hail damage

Ormrod
08-26-2014, 02:05 PM
Hey guys,

I live in Airdrie and got hit pretty hard with hail damage a few weeks back (truck, house and 5th wheel got hammered badly). I put claims in for all three already, and while I very much want to get the house and the RV completely fixed, I don't really care what my truck looks like and I think I'd rather just get the payout if possible.

That being said, TD Meloche Monnex wants me to take my vehicle to a place that came in specifically for this hail storm (KnowHow Systems, they do PDR). Of course I'd like to get the most cash I can from the deal, and this is where I'd like some advice... Should I take it to the insurance recommended place for estimate, or should I choose my own body shop who may want to do a better repair and quote higher?

I have a 2006 Ford F250 SD XLT with a V10 Triton. From the hail, it has hundreds of dents on pretty much the entire body (front panels, hood, roof and minor on the rear), along with that the windshield is cracked, a side mirror molding is broken and the front grill is damaged.

Thanks

ExtraSlow
08-26-2014, 03:22 PM
KHS are legit guys, even if they came in specifically for this storm. Don't worry about that.

Also, if you go and get a different estimate, TDMM will tell you to pound sand and get a quote at KHS anyway.

Despite all the hate for TDMM on beyond, I had two auto hail claims through them, and had no issues with them lowbaling me on either one.

Kloubek
08-26-2014, 03:27 PM
Last year I had my vehicle broken into, with almost 3g of damage. I asked if TD would pay me out, and they refused saying either they fix it or I drop the claim.

I have, of course, heard of many people taking money instead of getting hail fixed. Does TD even do that?