PDA

View Full Version : Business Options

ghomie
09-03-2014, 02:17 PM
Hey UofC business students...i'm trying to figure out some good final semester business options.....Does anyone have opinions on the following courses or have any other alternatives to recommend?

SGMA 575 - International Business - Birgitte Grogaard
RMIN 317 - Introduction to Risk Management and Insurance - Ryan Lee
HROD 493 - Business Negotiations - Leighton Wilks

Or are there any non-commerce options that you would recommend, besides ANTH 303 and ANTH 331?

Thanks Everyone for your input!

klumsy_tumbler
09-03-2014, 02:44 PM
I took HROD 493 in block week last year. It was a pretty decent course, but a lot of work (with two fairly substantial papers). It was actually one of the few courses that had lessons applicable to the real world outside of school (hello, salary negotiations...).

As far as other options go, have you done HROD 491? I would also suggest taking anything you possibly can with Patrick Finn as a prof. His classes were my favourite, by far!

icky2unk
09-03-2014, 04:51 PM
RMIN 317 is a pretty typical A- class with a reasonable amount of effort. Ryan Lee is really against phones in class so don't take it out or he will call you out and have a fit.

Oh and don't leave his class when there is a speaker. Someone did that and he ran into the hall way and almost gave himself a heart attack with his yelling.

busdepot
09-04-2014, 04:11 PM
Dance history is the easiest class in the world. Would recommend as it's a senior option with no pre-reqs. You would usually be good for at least a couple of dimes in the 25 person lecture for some eye candy too. Not sure if still offered.

Also look at any of the music history classes like funk, led zeppelin or whatever the current offering is along with natural disasters (Geophysics 375) which is a joke as well.

I'd also look for easy A's in my last semester over taking another core/business class.

gqmw
09-12-2014, 03:15 PM
I'm pretty sure he's looking for business options and not just options.

I took SGMA575 with Gerry Taft - it was an easy and good class, really just talked about things from around the world. Not sure how the other teacher is though.

ENTI381 is easy enough as well.