PDA

View Full Version : LF: Personal trainer for my girl

Pages : [1] 2

ddduke
09-09-2014, 10:09 PM
Looking for a personal trainer for my girl. She's not over weight, so she's not looking to burn tons of fat. Does not need a nutritionist included as her diet is about as clean as it could get.

I am in no way interested in hiring a personal trainer that works at some chain gym, reason being is that most of them look like shit and there's no way I'm going to pay an out of shape trainer to teach her how to train. Especially after watching some of the bullshit workouts that they get people to do.

I've tried to train with her but we end up butting heads and I also don't fully understand how to train women, IE: I don't think she needs heavy chest days that include incline, decline, flat and a few different types of flies...which is what I do.

Ideally I'm looking for a female trainer that competes or would be able to compete because they obviously understand the necessary exercise to achieve a specific look and desired results. Also, not interested in travelling deep south or to the NE.

Any suggestions?

dannie
09-09-2014, 10:18 PM
A very good friend of mine might fit the bill. She competes and is a WBFF fitness pro. Definitive Inc is the name she uses and I believe the gym space that she is in is just off 17th and deerfoot. If that's the type of thing you're looking for, PM me and I can ask her if shes taking on new clients.

http://sweatforit.com/fit-girls/wbff-pro-and-fitness-model-melissa-leigh-morrison/

ddduke
09-09-2014, 10:23 PM
She looks great, PM'd

Hallowed_point
09-10-2014, 06:53 AM
You should get in contact with Leah Berti. Female BB/fitness model/cop

bigbadboss101
09-10-2014, 08:19 AM
I disagree about trainers being out of shape. I know a few who are in nice shape and have clients that made great gains.

If she is into fitness training and the more serious stuff look up Paul Anthony. Lot of top fitness models and people train with him.

A790
09-10-2014, 08:27 AM
Check out Tea Cuk (www.teacuk.com). She competes regularly and has an awesome track record.

KRyn
09-10-2014, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by A790
Check out Tea Cuk (www.teacuk.com). She competes regularly and has an awesome track record.

I was going to suggest her as well. She is dating my good buddy, and they both live, breath and sweat fitness.

JfuckinC
09-10-2014, 08:40 AM

That's who i came to suggest. She is my friends girlfriend/friend of mine and she is super into this shit.

Hallowed_point
09-10-2014, 09:42 AM
http://www.leahberti.com/ If you end up contacting her, tell her Chris sent you please.

Joe-G
09-10-2014, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by dannie
A very good friend of mine might fit the bill. She competes and is a WBFF fitness pro. Definitive Inc is the name she uses and I believe the gym space that she is in is just off 17th and deerfoot. If that's the type of thing you're looking for, PM me and I can ask her if shes taking on new clients.

http://sweatforit.com/fit-girls/wbff-pro-and-fitness-model-melissa-leigh-morrison/

Is it weird that I follow her on IG? :love: :love: lol...

JfuckinC
09-10-2014, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Joe-G

Is it weird that I follow her on IG? :love: :love: lol...

lol no, my IG is half friends half hot girls :poosie:

timdog
09-12-2014, 01:26 PM
highly recommend Stenia Health and High Performance, depending where she lives. it's a small environment and every trainer there seems very qualified. Haley Wickeheiser and some other pros work out there. personal training, plus boot camps and other types of training such as muay thai and MMA. I see lots of girls there learning Muay Thai from Kelsey there.. who is a world champion by the way.

ercchry
09-12-2014, 01:46 PM
oh yeah... i know a girl that does this stuff.... from what i have seen she is pretty friggin good. she has even pumped out two kids, think it took her less than 6 months to get back into competition shape :nut:

https://www.facebook.com/ProBikiniDivaNicciLee?ref=profile

ddduke
09-12-2014, 09:26 PM
Thanks for all the leads guys, gonna get in touch with these girls this weekend and hopefully lock someone in.

Originally posted by ercchry
oh yeah... i know a girl that does this stuff.... from what i have seen she is pretty friggin good. she has even pumped out two kids, think it took her less than 6 months to get back into competition shape :nut:

https://www.facebook.com/ProBikiniDivaNicciLee?ref=profile

She's a friend and good trainer but I've already tried contacting her and she's incredibly useless when it comes to getting back to you in a timely fashion. I'm not going to chase someone to give them business.

Milk2%
09-13-2014, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by ddduke
Thanks for all the leads guys, gonna get in touch with these girls this weekend and hopefully lock someone in.

She's a friend and good trainer but I've already tried contacting her and she's incredibly useless when it comes to getting back to you in a timely fashion. I'm not going to chase someone to give them business.

She claims she's an athlete on her page. what a load of garbage. These BB trainer are another bread. Look at my swell... to bad none of their training relates to anything practical.

Competition shape....No competition looking like an orange on a stage.

:banghead:

Do some reading and do a program for your girlfriend, you don't have to go to the gym with her. Keep the weights light and for more reps (volume) cause from my guess she's looking to tone. That comes with eating right. High volume exercises and some bike time at the beginning and end. Real easy to build something yourself heck tell her you paid some professional trainer in Cali to build these programs for you. Don't need to pay those oil wearing wanna be fit chicks.

Also not to mention you can lay out some "how to do" of each exercise with some instructional pictures. Real easy stuff save your money take her out to the Fairmount in Banff for a nice night.

A790
09-13-2014, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Milk2%

She claims she's an athlete on her page. what a load of garbage. These BB trainer are another bread. Look at my swell... to bad none of their training relates to anything practical.

Do some reading and do a program for your girlfriend, you don't have to go to the gym with her. Keep the weights light and for more reps (volume) cause from my guess she's looking to tone. That comes with eating right. High volume exercises and some bike time at the beginning and end. Real easy to build something yourself heck tell her you paid some professional trainer in Cali to build these programs for you. Don't need to pay those oil wearing wanna be fit chicks.
LOL. This post is so cringeworthy that I don't even know where to begin.

Milk2%
09-13-2014, 01:35 PM

LOL. This post is so cringeworthy that I don't even know where to begin.

Those BB competitions are equivalent to a bunch of models standing on stage. NO ATHLETISIM if you don't see that. Shame

01RedDX
09-13-2014, 04:35 PM

Hallowed_point
09-13-2014, 04:38 PM
Jesus christ..is there such thing as a female douchebag? These female bodybuilders are as bad as jersey shore guidos haha

The_Rural_Juror
09-13-2014, 05:58 PM

These BB trainer are another bread.

http://fbgags.com/wp-content/uploads/tanning-beds-for-bread.jpg

spikerS
09-13-2014, 06:10 PM
Would she be willing to travel back and forth to my place?

The lady that owns the house next door is a personal trainer, does competitions and shit, and has her own gym in her basement that she brings her clients to.

Let me know, and I can get her contact info for you.

A790
09-13-2014, 06:20 PM
Those BB competitions are equivalent to a bunch of models standing on stage. NO ATHLETISIM if you don't see that. Shame
Well I can't speak for the other recommendations, but Tea is involved in a lot of things that exist outside the weight room. Not that you took any amount of time to bother to learn about the people you're calling out.

Also, you gave shit advice re: "looking to tone", but that's to be expected from an all-talker that thinks bodybuilding doesn't involve any level of athleticism (at least, that's what I think you were saying- your broken English is pretty hard to fallow).

Seth1968
09-13-2014, 06:36 PM
Looking for a personal trainer for my girl. She's not over weight, so she's not looking to burn tons of fat. Does not need a nutritionist included as her diet is about as clean as it could get.

I am in no way interested in hiring a personal trainer that works at some chain gym, reason being is that most of them look like shit and there's no way I'm going to pay an out of shape trainer to teach her how to train. Especially after watching some of the bullshit workouts that they get people to do.

I've tried to train with her but we end up butting heads and I also don't fully understand how to train women, IE: I don't think she needs heavy chest days that include incline, decline, flat and a few different types of flies...which is what I do.

Ideally I'm looking for a female trainer that competes or would be able to compete because they obviously understand the necessary exercise to achieve a specific look and desired results. Also, not interested in travelling deep south or to the NE.

How old is she?

Shes's nor overweight, and her diet is as clean as it could get? FFS what are YOU after?

You said don't understand how to train woman, as you're into incline, decline, flat, flies. Here's an idea, if she's young enough, take her to the park and go down the slide with her. If she's a little to old for that, then just go for a walk and listen to her thoughts.

You sound like the "male" version of those crazy ass females who whore out their daughters to beauty pageants.

ercchry
09-13-2014, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Seth1968

How old is she?

Shes's nor overweight, and her diet is as clean as it could get? FFS what are YOU after?

You said don't understand how to train woman, as you're into incline, decline, flat, flies. Here's an idea, if she's young enough, take her to the park and go down the slide with her. If she's a little to old for that, then just go for a walk and listen to her thoughts.

You sound like the "male" version of those crazy ass females who whore out their daughters to beauty pageants.

HAHAHAHA "my girl" /= daughter

J.M.
09-13-2014, 09:24 PM

How old is she?

lol what

ddduke
09-14-2014, 07:22 PM

Also not to mention you can lay out some "how to do" of each exercise with some instructional pictures. Real easy stuff save your money take her out to the Fairmount in Banff for a nice night.

How to videos/pics don't correct form. Another thing they don't do is explain how the female body develops vs. the male. What they especially don't do is give you the push and motivation that you need.

I'm looking for body builders that are looking to train someone that's looking at a body builder like physique. Now, seeing as how you think body builders are a joke then your "thoughts" don't really mean shit.

Also, coming from the body building world your advice is shit, so I'll pass on it. Thanks for coming out though.

How old is she?

By my girl I mean my fiancé. Having a clean diet and not being overweight doesn't necessarily give you the look that you're going after.

Milk2%
09-14-2014, 08:33 PM

How to videos/pics don't correct form. Another thing they don't do is explain how the female body develops vs. the male. What they especially don't do is give you the push and motivation that you need.

I'm looking for body builders that are looking to train someone that's looking at a body builder like physique. Now, seeing as how you think body builders are a joke then your "thoughts" don't really mean shit.

Also, coming from the body building world your advice is shit, so I'll pass on it. Thanks for coming out though.

Well my argument was bodybuilding doesn't make you an athlete :thumbsup: .
A good read on proper forms would come from a great book
"Essentials of Strength Training and Conditioning"

Also if you're coming from BB world you would know how long it can take to change ones physique. Let along the time involved of daily training 1-2 hours. So you think finding a trainer is going to help that motivation? Its called hard work maybe something that's lacking. Some people don't realize how long it can take to build muscle to get that LOOK. Best of luck
Its not rocket science!

scboss
09-14-2014, 10:09 PM

lol most natural guys are more athletic then you think especially if they have pro cards. I trained with a few guys that easily squat 500 with a bodyweight of 170-180.

Natural BBs dont train like the unnatty pros do. Most do fullbody workouts and squat 2-4x a week. Not to mention they have cardio for days because they cant use fat burners. Like most though they use DUP and NLP to focus on fixing imbalance vs getting one area pumped.

Training BB is so much easier for women IMO. Most of my female clients just want to put muscle on the legs/ass and as then "firm and tone" upper. Lots of split squats/squats and stiff legged deadlifts.

Back to original question
Crossfit Bro :rofl:

ercchry
09-14-2014, 10:13 PM

Yeah, we've been friends since we were... 5 years old? haha, but i guess she is doing a bootcamp soon, my girl was thinking about signing up. But i really dont see the value in it cost wise. But if thats what she wants to do... im all for it. she has her diet side down now. But someone has got to show her how to workout properly and its not going to be me :rofl:

Cos
09-14-2014, 10:13 PM

ddduke
09-14-2014, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by warcaster

I was thinking about it but I didn't want all the gay guys at my gym to get the wrong impression. I also spent too much money on juice so I can't afford all the man leggings and toe shoes that I would need.

CompletelyNumb
09-15-2014, 12:53 AM
Dependent on what kind of training and look you're going for, or course, but Randi Kennedy runs a boot camp and I've heard only good things from friends. http://www.randikennedy.com/

max_boost
09-15-2014, 01:35 AM

lol most natural guys are more athletic then you think especially if they have pro cards. I trained with a few guys that easily squat 500 with a bodyweight of 170-180.

Natural BBs dont train like the unnatty pros do. Most do fullbody workouts and squat 2-4x a week. Not to mention they have cardio for days because they cant use fat burners. Like most though they use DUP and NLP to focus on fixing imbalance vs getting one area pumped.

Training BB is so much easier for women IMO. Most of my female clients just want to put muscle on the legs/ass and as then "firm and tone" upper. Lots of split squats/squats and stiff legged deadlifts.

Back to original question

Crossfit 2 legit

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x20ksfx_how-dumbasses-do-pullups_fun

Milk2%
09-15-2014, 01:56 PM

Well I can't speak for the other recommendations, but Tea is involved in a lot of things that exist outside the weight room. Not that you took any amount of time to bother to learn about the people you're calling out.

Also, you gave shit advice re: "looking to tone", but that's to be expected from an all-talker that thinks bodybuilding doesn't involve any level of athleticism (at least, that's what I think you were saying- your broken English is pretty hard to fallow).

Well no i didn't look deeper into her bio as i frankly don't care. Not trolling but BB doesn't involve any level of athleticism, it merely involved lifting some weights, those weights can be iron, rocks, or any solid object that has a mass to manipulate certain muscle groups.

BB is changing the physique of a human body, and in no shape of form does that make them an athlete. Its merely changing the looks of ones body. Runway models do the same by not eating or eating very strict diets and the odd times working out, do we call them athletes as well?

GQBalla
09-15-2014, 02:03 PM

Well no i didn't look deeper into her bio as i frankly don't care. Not trolling but BB doesn't involve any level of athleticism, it merely involved lifting some weights, those weights can be iron, rocks, or any solid object that has a mass to manipulate certain muscle groups.

BB is changing the physique of a human body, and in no shape of form does that make them an athlete. Its merely changing the looks of ones body. Runway models do the same by not eating or eating very strict diets and the odd times working out, do we call them athletes as well?

either you're trolling or you have no idea what you're talking about.

Define Athlete: a person who is proficient in sports and other forms of physical exercise.

Exercising is the easy part though in my opinion. I do see your point of view though.

Any suggestions?

OP, false. I believe everyone should train the same way unless physically you are disabled.

My GF lifts heavier then i do body weight to weights ratio. We dialed in her Macros and diet now the fat is coming off while getting stronger.

Milk2%
09-15-2014, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla

either you're trolling or you have no idea what you're talking about.

Define Athlete: a person who is proficient in sports and other forms of physical exercise.

Exercising is the easy part though in my opinion. I do see your point of view though.

Not trolling and yes i have a very good idea of what I'm talking about :thumbsup:

So everybody that decides to use a gym is considered an Athlete then? The term athlete is very vague and i argue that.

GQBalla
09-15-2014, 02:14 PM

Not trolling and yes i have a very good idea of what I'm talking about :thumbsup:

So everybody that decides to use a gym is considered an Athlete then? The term athlete is very vague and i argue that.

are these gym goers proficient at their exercise? I see your point on how vague it is, but for you to say a body builder doesn't do anything other then walk out on a stage and change their appearance is outrageous. Can you look like Phil Heath simply by changing your diet? Can you add 25 lbs of muscle in 3 years by changing your diet and walking?

Milk2%
09-15-2014, 02:19 PM

are these gym goers proficient at their exercise? I see your point on how vague it is, but for you to say a body builder doesn't do anything other then walk out on a stage and change their appearance is outrageous. Can you look like Phil Heath simply by changing your diet? Can you add 25 lbs of muscle in 3 years by changing your diet and walking?

Many people can with a few cycles!

Edit: I know the work it takes during a hypertrophy phase I'm not saying they don't put work in. Eat sleep train eat lift but again that doesn't make you an athlete.

GQBalla
09-15-2014, 02:32 PM

Many people can with a few cycles!

Edit: I know the work it takes during a hypertrophy phase I'm not saying they don't put work in. Eat sleep train eat lift but again that doesn't make you an athlete.

I see why you wouldn't call professional body builders athletes but my opinion is pros are athletes. You do seem to know what you're talking about work out wise and I am always looking for tips on how to improve my lifts/diet.

But i will say for sure, pros look like the way they do yes with the aid of drugs but I guarantee even if you did the exact same cycles/protocols they used, no one would look the same. Mr Olympias are top of their class period.

lasimmon
09-15-2014, 02:58 PM
Personally I wouldn't call BB's athletes, simply because the few friends I have who compete are terrible at any sort of physical activity that doesn't include lifting weights at the gym..

GQBalla
09-15-2014, 03:15 PM
Athletes can be many things. It's a debate that gets beat like a dead horse over and over.

Is chess a sport?
Is ping pong a sport?

If chess is considered a sport, are the players athletes?
:hijack:

ddduke
09-15-2014, 03:36 PM

OP, false. I believe everyone should train the same way unless physically you are disabled.

My GF lifts heavier then i do body weight to weights ratio. We dialed in her Macros and diet now the fat is coming off while getting stronger.

Huh? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I adjust my workouts based on what type of results I want. If I want to gain 10 lbs or my traps are falling behind development wise I don't do full body workouts or high rep, low weight. If I'm looking to tone up before beach season, I adjust accordingly. You think my girl should be doing 2+ hour chest workouts with me?

The look that I'm after and he look that she's after are 2 totally different things and you have to train for both differently.

Regardless, I'm not looking for fitness advice from anyone because that's the last thing I need. I'm looking for female trainers who are actually in shape and have a top physique who want to train other females to bring them to that level.

GQBalla
09-15-2014, 05:45 PM
I don't think anyone should be doing two hour plus chest work outs unless they are running gear.

I'm not going to get into this. Hope you find a trainer.

CivicTunr
09-15-2014, 05:58 PM
I don't think anyone should be doing two hour plus chest work outs unless they are running gear.

I'm not going to get into this. Hope you find a trainer.

haha wow 3 pages already, agreed w/ GQballa, unless you are on roids, a 2 hour chest workout is useless.

Originally posted by lasimmon
Personally I wouldn't call BB's athletes, simply because the few friends I have who compete are terrible at any sort of physical activity that doesn't include lifting weights at the gym..

So a baseball player is an athlete, all he can do proficiently is play baseball, put him in a football game i doubt he is going to be your star player, likewise for any other sport you put them in outside their main sport. Bet that hockey player can win the world cup.

Milk2%
09-15-2014, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by CivicTunr

haha wow 3 pages already, agreed w/ GQballa, unless you are on roids, a 2 hour chest workout is useless.

So a baseball player is an athlete, all he can do proficiently is play baseball, put him in a football game i doubt he is going to be your star player, likewise for any other sport you put them in outside their main sport. Bet that hockey player can win the world cup.

A good chuck of baseball players can sprint faster then most, lift heavier weights then most and play 140+ games a year. They're good at way more aspects then a BB....Each sport you referenced uses considerable way more talent then any BB would. They use the weights just like a BB but have way more talent in actually using what they gained in the gym. Like I said earlier BB's just flex at a show not much talent other then lifting weights for a vary long time. Nothing comes out as performance from their weight training program, just physique. Therefore it's not a sport.

max_boost
09-15-2014, 08:59 PM
Might as well add my 0.02cents lol if you aren't sweating and your heart isn't pounding, absence of some hiit, it ain't a sport. :D

scboss
09-16-2014, 12:41 AM

Regardless, I'm not looking for fitness advice from anyone because that's the last thing I need. I'm looking for female trainers who are actually in shape and have a top physique who want to train other females to bring them to that level. [/B]

Try to look for someone that has a lot of experience in training a lot of models and fitness models. I would ask to see before after pics of previous clients and examples of programming. Take the time and do your research.

A good chuck of baseball players can sprint faster then most, lift heavier weights then most and play 140+ games a year. They're good at way more aspects then a BB....Each sport you referenced uses considerable way more talent then any BB would. They use the weights just like a BB but have way more talent in actually using what they gained in the gym. Like I said earlier BB's just flex at a show not much talent other then lifting weights for a vary long time. Nothing comes out as performance from their weight training program, just physique. Therefore it's not a sport.

Body building and sports only have one thing in common and thats competition. You are comparing a sport to a competition of who is more aesthetic lol.

A professional baseball player will destroy a body builder on the field. A professional body builder will destroy them in the gym. Two different domains

CivicTunr
09-16-2014, 12:42 AM
It's probably more of an art, as you sculpt your body. Train weakness to match your strengths to have the best overall physique.

Whether it's a sport or not, it's still difficult.

Milk2%
09-16-2014, 10:59 AM

Try to look for someone that has a lot of experience in training a lot of models and fitness models. I would ask to see before after pics of previous clients and examples of programming. Take the time and do your research.

Body building and sports only have one thing in common and thats competition. You are comparing a sport to a competition of who is more aesthetic lol.

A professional baseball player will destroy a body builder on the field. A professional body builder will destroy them in the gym. Two different domains

A professional baseball player would destroy a BB in the gym. Again most sports develop strength traits and ignore looking for overall size and looks. Some Olympic lifters look over weight and fat, but would make BB lifts look like a warm up.

eblend
09-16-2014, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point
You should get in contact with Leah Berti. Female BB/fitness model/cop

Hey I know that girl, went to Haskayne with her, think we had some class together and she was in on my group project, she is crazy buff

scboss
09-16-2014, 11:41 AM
If you want to troll that's fine. You obviously don't understand natural BB and the fact that you have to get strong to get big unlike guys on sauce.

Yeah Olympic lifters would out lift a BB at three things. Clean jerk and snatch. I would hope so because that's what they train for. You are comparing apples and oranges.

A790
09-16-2014, 12:02 PM

A professional baseball player would destroy a BB in the gym.
Not a fuckin chance. Any pro BB would destroy a baseball player in the gym, and that makes complete sense.

You think a baseball player is going to walk into the gym and rep out 500lbs on the bench (like what Kai does)? Give me a break.

Hallowed_point
09-16-2014, 12:11 PM
If you need steroids/hgh to accomplish your "look" I don't envy you, I pity you. I've seen a few of those guys in the gym who really aren't very strong for being so big. It's kind of hilarious in a way. And it doesn't fool anyone.

Extreme vascularity combined with a 250+ lb person. I've played around with a few "legal" supplements in my former life as a rentacop and I wouldn't touch anything to do with it again. Sure, the strength is great but the damage to your joints etc do not make it worth it in my books.

A790
09-16-2014, 12:51 PM
If you need steroids/hgh to accomplish your "look" I don't envy you, I pity you.
And yet most baseball/NFL players on are the juice.

This is kind of a dumbass argument anyways. OP asked for a PT to whip his girl into shape and was handed a list of names of people that do just that.

Milk2% comes in with his bullshit about how those trainers aren't trainers and don't actually do anything (or whatever bullshit he was going on about) and now it's suddenly a conversation about whether or not a bodybuilder is strong.

Here's some food for thought: you guys talking about how you find all these "big" guys that are weak as fuck are either: A) completely full of shit, or B) spouting deliberate bullshit to try to prove your all-so-important point. Juice or not, you don't pack on serious size without developing strength to go with it.

Every big guy I know, including the ones on roids, are strong. If I rep out a 285 bench with 60 second breaks. That's part of my training. That's what I train to do. Am I gonna kick ass on a baseball diamond? No, because that's NOT part of my training.

That being said, I'm not going to shit all over you about the fact that you play baseball and I weight lift. They're two different sports/ideologies and that's okay.

Hallowed_point
09-16-2014, 12:57 PM
^I've seen it in person more than once. If I, as a 170 lb 6"1 non juicer is curling 40's alongside fort mack roid freak (same 40 lb dumbbells ) that's damn funny to me. Especially when he's breathing like he's going to have a heart attack :eek:

ercchry
09-16-2014, 12:59 PM
^I've seen it in person more than once. If I, as a 170 lb 6"1 non juicer is curling 40's alongside fort mack roid freak (same 40 lb dumbbells ) that's damn funny to me. Especially when he's breathing like he's going to have a heart attack :eek:

perhaps you are swinging your dumbbells and using the momentum to make it easier, so you can say you can curl 40s when you are a 170lbs stick :rofl:

Hallowed_point
09-16-2014, 01:03 PM
Perhaps I should make a video for you mr skeptic. I'm part Norwegian they are sure known for being weak people huh? There's 170 lb stick and 170 lb muscle stick man lol

BavarianBeast
09-16-2014, 01:08 PM
http://www.semidoppel.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/men-holding-hands-150x150.jpg

Joe-G
09-16-2014, 01:20 PM
You should all just have a big beyond meet at the gym, and duke it out there. Compare the nattys to half-nattys, athletes vs body builders, weights vs. body weight, sounds like a good time to me! Haha

But on a serious note, I think fitness beyond meets could actually be fun? Anyone else agree?
:dunno:

Hallowed_point
09-16-2014, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Joe-G
You should all just have a big beyond meet at the gym, and duke it out there. Compare the nattys to half-nattys, athletes vs body builders, weights vs. body weight, sounds like a good time to me! Haha

But on a serious note, I think fitness beyond meets could actually be fun? Anyone else agree?
:dunno:

In...yep I agree. It would be fun. Drop in at talisman? :D

GQBalla
09-16-2014, 01:28 PM
That would be fun, as long as long as no one makes fun of my calves........they lack

mazdavirgin
09-16-2014, 01:30 PM
And yet most baseball/NFL players on are the juice.

:dunno: Pretty much everyone in pro sports is using some form of gear.

Unknown303
09-16-2014, 04:40 PM
You guys do remember he was looking for a trainer for his gf. Who gives a shit who can beat who at what.

max_boost
09-16-2014, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Unknown303
You guys do remember he was looking for a trainer for his gf. Who gives a shit who can beat who at what. This is Beyond. This is expected. :D

GQBalla
09-16-2014, 04:59 PM
This thread got hijacked. :hijack:

ddduke
09-17-2014, 05:28 AM
Meh, at least now there's a bit of fitness talk in the fitness section.

But anyone who's saying that juice doesn't make you stronger has no idea what they're talking about. Just because you're natural and can lift more then a guy who's obviously juicing doesn't really mean shit, there's a tiny little Haitian guy at Talisman (maybe 160lbs) that benches 275 like it's his day job. When you're on a cycle one of the first things you notice way before any visual gains is strength gains.

Hallowed_point
09-17-2014, 06:03 AM
It does make you stronger. I know when I took spawn for a couple months about 5 years ago the strength gains were crazy. A now banned pro hormone epistane/tren derivative. Benching around 400 lbs x 5 reps with relative ease was awesome for a 6"1 guy weighing about 190 lbs at the time. It depends on what your taking though. As I say I've seen some larger guys who look quite ripped with the puffy moon face and other cues that aren't very strong relative to their mass. Some of the "supplements" are mainly for mass and don't seem to give the same strength gains. Depends what your running!

GQBalla
09-17-2014, 07:33 AM
Spawn was popular 2007 ish ? damn....400 x 5? beast

Hallowed_point
09-17-2014, 08:02 AM
2007-2008 ish the strength gains were mental and I still looked sort of natural as I didn't gain much weight biggest I got was 205

ddduke
09-17-2014, 08:53 PM
400ish at 190 and you're 6'1? That seems a bit high to me, maybe on a smith machine with a spotter. So what do you bench now?

I'm a total gym whore and frequent a half dozen different goodlifes, have a tali membership and hit new gyms when I'm on the road and it's rare to see anyone benching 4 plates (per side).

brucebanner
09-17-2014, 09:40 PM
I'm a total gym whore and frequent a half dozen different goodlifes, have a tali membership and hit new gyms when I'm on the road and it's rare to see anyone benching 4 plates (per side).

I'm just being picky but he said 400, not 405.

Regardless, it is big weight though.

A790
09-17-2014, 09:49 PM
400 is big weight for sure. At 190lbs though? I dunno...

ddduke
09-17-2014, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by bruceod

I'm just being picky but he said 400, not 405.

Regardless, it is big weight though.

Yeah, you're right, he probably put on 3 plates, a 25, a 10, a 5 and a 2.5 and said "fuck it, I'm not going to push for the extra 5 lbs". Even though he was doing 400 with relative ease.

brucebanner
09-17-2014, 10:17 PM
Hey bro, 5lbs is 5lbs.:rofl:

scboss
09-17-2014, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by bruceod
Hey bro, 5lbs is 5lbs.:rofl:

445 deadlift easy. Try for 450 got owned hahagha

But seriously thats barely a 1% increase. Ive seen some strong guys but 400x5 is pretty insane for bench at 190 lbs thats roughly a 450 1rm.

Im 6'3 and 215 all natty and im still a twig lol

Hallowed_point
09-17-2014, 10:38 PM
400ish at 190 and you're 6'1? That seems a bit high to me, maybe on a smith machine with a spotter. So what do you bench now?

Yes, this was on a *edit: plate flyer machine 4 45s per side plus weight for the machine arms should be around 400 lbs give or take. On a regular barbell press I'm not sure. This was when I was using that spawn pro hormone. It may sound ridiculous but as I say it's basically epistane/tren. The strength gains are mental on that stuff. I don't workout nearly as much anymore, I'm no longer a security guard type guy. Plus I had to revamp my diet due to having high natural cholesterol which slimmed me down.

I've realized it's best to train for your body type. As a lanky guy I no longer want to try and bulk as it doesn't come naturally. Aiming for more of a gymnasts physique and strength. If I was naturally 200 lb + I'd train differently.

It depends where you carry weight. I have wide shoulders, zero gut a decent v taper I guess you'd call it. I focus more on grip strength, pull up variations and high intensity cardio these days as I can't eat bulking high fat food.

ddduke
09-17-2014, 10:56 PM

Yes, this was on a smith machine 4 45s per side plus weight for the machine arms should be around 400 lbs give or take. On a regular barbell press I'm not sure. This was when I was using that spawn pro hormone. It may sound ridiculous but as I say it's basically epistane/tren. The strength gains are mental on that stuff. I don't workout nearly as much anymore, I'm no longer a security guard type guy. Plus I had to revamp my diet due to having high natural cholesterol which slimmed me down.

It depends where you carry weight. I have wide shoulders, zero gut a decent v taper I guess you'd call it. I focus more on grip strength, pull up variations and high intensity cardio these days as I can't eat bulking high fat food.

Fair enough, I was just saying that 400 ish bench is super heavy for your size. I'm 210, 6ft and have a 29 waist, carry very little fat. I consider myself to be a strong guy and I'm benching 315-335, but also never try 1 rep max or use a spotter.

Smith machine is a whole different game though, I'm sure I'd be able to do 400 on there no problem, way easier then a real bench.

Hallowed_point
09-18-2014, 08:19 AM
Fair enough, I was just saying that 400 ish bench is super heavy for your size. I'm 210, 6ft and have a 29 waist, carry very little fat. I consider myself to be a strong guy and I'm benching 315-335, but also never try 1 rep max or use a spotter.

Smith machine is a whole different game though, I'm sure I'd be able to do 400 on there no problem, way easier then a real bench.

For sure man. I also apologize if I came across as a condescending dick in one of my earlier posts :facepalm: To each their own with supplement use. For me though, the gains from Spawn weren't really worth it. I should've done more research before I took it. Even though I only took a moderate dosage for about 4 months, I'm fairly positive that the joint pain issues I have stem from it. I now have to take omegas everyday or my knees etc crack badly. It also gave me bad insomnia and made me very aggressive. But...the beast strength was awesome :rofl: Spawn has been banned last I heard. I didn't experience any gyno and didn't take any real pct (I know dumb) but it didn't seem to effect me too badly overall.

I have long spider monkey arms, so it's difficult for me to do serious weight on a real bench, even then. That is, doing presses with proper form.

Hallowed_point
09-18-2014, 08:39 AM
Did you end up getting ahold of Leah Berti? She's a busy lady, but well worth a call IMO. I don't get a kickback or anything. She's in great shape and has an awesome attitude. Very professional from my experience.

ddduke
09-18-2014, 10:42 PM
Did you end up getting ahold of Leah Berti? She's a busy lady, but well worth a call IMO. I don't get a kickback or anything. She's in great shape and has an awesome attitude. Very professional from my experience.

No, actually tried but no reply from her. Tried teacuk (sp?) that a bunch of people recommended but she was IMO way overpriced, she was roughly 20% more expensive then all the other trainers and works out of her house which should bring her overhead down, just kind of put a sour taste in my mouth. Dannie's friend didn't ever get in touch with me so decided to go with Nicci who errchry suggested.

ddduke
10-12-2014, 03:39 AM
Just in case anyone is curious or looking for anything similar, I'll give a bit of an update.

My girl loves training with Nicci, guess she pushes her incredibly hard but at the same time isn't completely overbearing. It hasn't been too long but I'm already starting to see the results. She also includes a meal plan in her program that she doesn't charge extra for and caters to each body type individually, she's really focusing on certain areas more then others.

She works out of a private gym so you're away from distractions and are able to use any piece of equipment with no wait times. The equipment is also new and top of the line. Cost is very reasonable at only $660/month which include 3 sessions a week, meal plan, checking bf, etc.

Would definitely recommend.

Milk2%
10-30-2014, 09:31 AM
Just in case anyone is curious or looking for anything similar, I'll give a bit of an update.

My girl loves training with Nicci, guess she pushes her incredibly hard but at the same time isn't completely overbearing. It hasn't been too long but I'm already starting to see the results. She also includes a meal plan in her program that she doesn't charge extra for and caters to each body type individually, she's really focusing on certain areas more then others.

She works out of a private gym so you're away from distractions and are able to use any piece of equipment with no wait times. The equipment is also new and top of the line. Cost is very reasonable at only $660/month which include 3 sessions a week, meal plan, checking bf, etc.

Would definitely recommend.

7+ K a year, sorry but i just shake my head with the choices people make! To each his own

A790
10-30-2014, 10:07 AM

7+ K a year, sorry but i just shake my head with the choices people make! To each his own
I agree. I can't stand when I see people driving old Toyotas. I sit there and go "what the fuck would compel someone to buy that."

scboss
10-30-2014, 02:20 PM

Lol I spent way more training with one of the best oly coaches in Canada. I can think of 100s of worse things to spend my money on. Personalized programming proper training can go along way when your trying to achieve something that means alot to you.

If you can afford it why not? Especially if your trainer can get you where you need to be faster.

mazdavirgin
10-30-2014, 02:28 PM
Yikes that's almost 8k a year? Damn never knew people spent that kind of cash on personal trainers. Wish I was that baller :\ Then again I am sure people must spend around that mark when they are taking their swack of chemical assistance goodies. Maybe it's even more? No idea :rofl:

spike98
10-30-2014, 02:32 PM
$660 a month is actually not to bad for 12 sessions with meal planning. Thats less than $55 per session which i would assume is an hour. Thats almost a 3rd of what you would pay a good mechanic.

JRSC00LUDE
10-30-2014, 02:35 PM
I spend a lot more than $600.00/month going out for drinks/meals/fucking around. If your focus is fitness and it's someone worth the money then it's reasonable.

scboss
10-30-2014, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
I spend a lot more than $600.00/month going out for drinks/meals/fucking around. If your focus is fitness and it's someone worth the money then it's reasonable.

It blows my mind how many people will have 800+ a mnth car payment and wont invest nothing into mental or physical health. Lol good times

lasimmon
10-30-2014, 04:19 PM
Probably because you can use a variety of sources to get all the information you need and be committed to for far less than $7000

JRSC00LUDE
10-30-2014, 04:27 PM
Probably because you can use a variety of sources to get all the information you need and be committed to for far less than $7000

Well this is taking it a bit off topic but maybe you can, maybe you can't.

I would all but guarantee that there is a significant portion of the population who can have all the sources in the world at their fingertips but will still not realize the potential they could by having someone put all the pieces together and drive them forward while teaching them how to use the tools effectively.

That's no different than any number of things in life from education to money management, some people can only take themselves so far until someone guides the way.

:thumbsup:

adamc
10-30-2014, 04:31 PM
pics of gf?

scboss
10-30-2014, 04:34 PM

True but investing money in coaches will only help you improve. You will NEVER become elite at anything in life without outside help. To give you an example

Last year I was stuck at a 185 clean and jerk. After training with my coach I was easily hitting 265 for multiple sets after only 3 months. 1 technique flaw and a mobility problem in my lower trap and it fixed everything.

Your boys and YouTube can only fix so much. The sad part is when people drop 7k just to be held accountable but that's a entirely different topic.

A790
10-30-2014, 06:49 PM
lol. Right.

By that logic, why invest in personal development or coaching for anything when I can just grab the information I need from a variety of sources and be an expert?

max_boost
10-30-2014, 06:54 PM

lol. Right.

By that logic, why invest in personal development or coaching for anything when I can just grab the information I need from a variety of sources and be an expert? By that logic, why pay for anything!? Just do it yourself! haha

JRSC00LUDE
10-30-2014, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
By that logic, why pay for anything!? Just do it yourself! haha

You should lease your car from yourself for the next year!

Mibz
10-30-2014, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
You should lease your car from yourself for the next year! Magnificent.

max_boost
10-30-2014, 07:47 PM
Absolutely brilliant. :bigpimp:

01RedDX
10-30-2014, 07:47 PM

ddduke
11-01-2014, 09:58 PM

As usual, thanks for the constructive and helpful post. Fortunately, my pay cheques are north of 7k so I can afford the expense.

The internet and videos will only get you so far. I used a personal trainer for 3 months like 10 years ago to teach me form and fundamentals and it made all the difference.

There's a reason why the gym is full of guys who I see every single fucking time I walk in who work out longer then me and have looked the same since day one. They have no clue what they're doing and that's why they're not getting results.

Milk2%
11-05-2014, 09:56 AM

Lol I spent way more training with one of the best oly coaches in Canada. I can think of 100s of worse things to spend my money on. Personalized programming proper training can go along way when your trying to achieve something that means alot to you.

If you can afford it why not? Especially if your trainer can get you where you need to be faster.

Jah Jah i have trained with the best coaches Canada offers in a few disciplines, i know the fee structure.... that is if they take you on. And 90 percent of the time if your not elite your not getting trained by them..And by then its free anyhow :thumbsup: So i hope to assume you're national level weight lifter!?

I'd really like to hear who your coach was by the way?

Even before i got serious i wanted to learn about the human body, from there i used that knowledge to build what i wanted. Its a shame when people don't step back and learn how to properly do things themselves. Its a much higher satisfaction. To me getting a personal trainer is taking away from those aspects because in 5 years when the training has lost its appeal and they fall back into bad habits they'll have to reach out to a trainer again cause they didn't learn anything. Maybe the nutrition will hold but why you do certain exercises and for how many reps etc doesn't. Again its not rocket science.