PDA

View Full Version : One hand Riding

OneGreasyHobo
09-19-2014, 09:20 AM
I had a biker cop go full Kamikaze when he saw me riding with one hand down deerfoot. No one else really around me, I was just cruising in the far lane and saw a biker cop merging on. Pretty much knew I was going to be his main target when he saw me.

So then with lights and horns he flys from the merge lane right to my side (1 foot away from me) and starts yelling at me how unsafe it is to not have two hands on the bar. Actually kinda made me mad for how close he came for the speed we were doing.

I wish I could of told him to pound sand, but would have been beaten (probably given stunting ticket from what I heard) and arrested on the side of deerfoot.

Disoblige
09-19-2014, 09:25 AM
QDdwpc5Y_ug

GQBalla
09-19-2014, 09:30 AM
i always rode with one hand, rest my elbow on the gas tank. Rode by many cops this way.

16hypen3sp
09-19-2014, 09:31 AM
Was he riding right beside you?

You should have told him how dangerous it is riding abreast to one another and to back the hell off... Or drop a gear and pin it.

OneGreasyHobo
09-19-2014, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by GQBalla
i always rode with one hand, rest my elbow on the gas tank. Rode by many cops this way.

Yeah.. I've road by many cops in cars this way. They seem to never care, biker cops though... I dunno.. I'll bite my tongue.

^It was literally right beside me; How biker cops ride. He was punching distance.. But my good arm is also my throttle arm. :poosie:

Kijho
09-19-2014, 09:36 AM
I know they DO care and it is ticketable - I've gone past many police often with my elbow on the tank (rush hour deerfoot traffic going home...fml) but none were ever concerned. One time a police bike even waved at me, haha.. I thought "uh oh 1 hand .."

OneGreasyHobo
09-19-2014, 09:38 AM
Should of pulled out my phone and started texting.

- Actually what really pisses me off is how aggressive he was when he came into my lane. If I had not seen him him merging on and expected him to come scare me it would of actually scared the shit out of me.

If he were to do this to someone that was not paying attention or a new rider he could of easily killed someone.

lilmira
09-19-2014, 09:44 AM
May be he's the English police?

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=4350543#post4350543

16hypen3sp
09-19-2014, 09:47 AM
I was riding in Red Deer and came up to a biker cop... I tried riding in proper formation with him but it wasn't to be. He kept dodging into other lanes trying to get away from me. Lol... I caught up to him a few times but he didn't really want some guy on a sport bike around him.

Rocket1k78
09-19-2014, 09:51 AM
Is riding with 1 hand illegal?

Calgary police have to stop chasing after 220km/hr. Just sayin

japan_us
09-19-2014, 09:54 AM
^ I know a few riders who have received tickets for it, so yeah, it's illegal. "Stunting" is what they were written up for.

As with most things cop related, it just depends who you get. I've only ever met one unpleasant officer while on the bike. *knock on wood*

OneGreasyHobo
09-19-2014, 09:54 AM
Yeah most of them wont stay near you, unless they are pulling you over to give you driving awards.

Eh, probably wont happen again ever.. I took my hand back off as soon as he had someone else pulled over.

So lesson of the day..

If you see a bike cop tighten your ass and death grip your bars.

Also.. I think most bike cops are part of traffic? So they specialize in just giving tickets?

16hypen3sp
09-19-2014, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Rocket1k78
Is riding with 1 hand illegal?

Calgary police have to stop chasing after 220km/hr. Just sayin

Unfortunately yes it is illegal. It says right in the TSA that riders must keep two hands on the handlebars.

OneGreasyHobo
09-19-2014, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by 16hypen3sp

Unfortunately yes it is illegal. It says right in the TSA that riders must keep two hands on the handlebars.

Still will never stop me from doing it. :devil:

16hypen3sp
09-19-2014, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by OneGreasyHobo

Still will never stop me from doing it. :devil:

I couldn't agree more. I gotta keep one hand free for a greetings and salutations wave.

Graham_A_M
09-19-2014, 12:22 PM
Wow it is illegal? I always do this. I usually have my left hand on my hips when cruising, I've yet to have a cop or anybody even look twice. Funny it can be construed as stunting given the fact the cop felt comfortable enough to pull up beside you and try to talk talk you. Wtf.....

civic_stylez
09-19-2014, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
Wow it is illegal? I always do this. I usually have my left hand on my hips when cruising, I've yet to have a cop or anybody even look twice. Funny it can be construed as stunting given the fact the cop felt comfortable enough to pull up beside you and try to talk talk you. Wtf.....

Same here... i had no idea this was illegal. I always do the lazy 1 hand+elbow tank rest. Silly laws..:nut:

OneGreasyHobo
09-19-2014, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

Yeah, I had honestly no clue what he wanted with me.. I was getting ready to pull over. Then he started pointing at my hand. which was resting on my knee.

01RedDX
09-19-2014, 02:42 PM

OneGreasyHobo
09-19-2014, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
That's stupid, what if you had a suicide clutch?

Gotta stay on 17th ave then.