PDA

View Full Version : Which iPods work with 2012 Audi TT?

StupidWade
09-30-2014, 08:11 PM
Hi,

My wife just got a 2012 Audi TT and wants an iPod to plug into the 30 pin connector in the glovebox so she can listen to her music.

I've read some mixed info online and was wondering if anyone here has first-hand experience with this. I'm thinking of a 4th gen Touch or maybe one of the Nanos.

Thanks

Nismorphed
09-30-2014, 08:38 PM
There are connecters from 30pin to lightning. Get any iPod you like

StupidWade
09-30-2014, 08:52 PM
The mixed info I'm talking about are listed in the thread linked below.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2490005?start=45&tstart=0

It seems that iPhones and iPods are kind of hit or miss and I was wondering if anyone had actually tried it themselves on their own car, preferably a MY2012 Audi of some sort.

Joe-G
09-30-2014, 09:19 PM
The ipods/iphones are hit and miss depending on if the right cable is used. There are two different iPod MMI connectors with two different part numbers.

There's a "red" and "blue" adapter variation. If you head down to Glenmore Audi, they'd be able to tell you which one you need, and would let you try it out first IIRC.

One is for the earlier Apple models, and the other is for the newer devices IIRC.

StupidWade
10-04-2014, 05:57 PM
Thanks, Joe-G. I ordered up a refurb 4G ipod touch and if it doesn't work with the black cable currently in her car, I'll go talk to Audi to see if I can test the other one(s.)