PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Yamaha R1M

GorG
11-04-2014, 02:20 PM
Love the lights, hate the side mounted exhaust.

q_rFXubdWFs

snowcat
11-04-2014, 02:28 PM
Sexy bike.

lee88
11-04-2014, 02:44 PM
What an ugly looking bike :barf:

Modelexis
11-04-2014, 03:07 PM
I like the looks, I think it's great, but I'm holding my breath for the Honda RC213V-S street bike if it ever comes to production.

The only thing I don't like about the R1-M is there is no lower fairing, looks unfinished and the exhaust canister is ugly.

civic_stylez
11-04-2014, 03:50 PM
I hope this starts a wave of new super bikes from the manufacturers.

Love the new Yami.

16hypen3sp
11-04-2014, 05:24 PM
Whats so good about it?

revelations
11-05-2014, 10:27 AM
While the rest of the bike looks pretty standard (track bike) ... the tech in this bike is amazing (some of these arent new tech)

Adjustable and user-programmable power delivery modes
Lean angle sensitive traction control
4-stage slide control to manage powerslides
4-stage lift control to dial in your maximum wheelie settings
Full-throttle launch control (one of the most terrifying experiences you can have on two wheels)
Quickshifter for upshifts only
Slipper clutch to keep the rear from losing traction on high-rpm downshifts
Linked ABS braking designed to help keep the rear down under hard braking

http://www.gizmag.com/2015-yamaha-yzf-r1-r1m-specs-photos-eicma/34566/

Next year you will probably be able to reprogram the bike to act according to your wishes with your phone, while sitting at starbux. Heck, download new fuel injection maps too while your at it !! :rofl:

Love the TFT dash.

Rocket1k78
11-05-2014, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Modelexis
I like the looks, I think it's great, but I'm holding my breath for the Honda RC213V-S street bike if it ever comes to production.

The only thing I don't like about the R1-M is there is no lower fairing, looks unfinished and the exhaust canister is ugly.

The honda is looking pretty good i have to say. Theyre also supposedly attacking yammy and saying something like "congrats on having the closest thing to a motogp bike for a day". The honda is rumored to be really pricy though.

I absolutely hate the lack of fairings too and the exhaust is also meh. The foglight things also look weird.

Like revelations said, this thing is going to be a tech geeks dream bike lol The new ape rsv4 is loaded with a bunch of tech goodies too

T

japan_us
11-06-2014, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Modelexis

Originally posted by Rocket1k78

The honda is looking pretty good i have to say. Theyre also supposedly attacking yammy and saying something like "congrats on having the closest thing to a motogp bike for a day". The honda is rumored to be really pricy though.

I absolutely hate the lack of fairings too and the exhaust is also meh. The foglight things also look weird.

Like revelations said, this thing is going to be a tech geeks dream bike lol The new ape rsv4 is loaded with a bunch of tech goodies too

T

If the rumors about the amount of tech from the actual GP bikes are true, the price of the Honda will be well into the six figures. As a MotoGP enthusiast, I could justify such a purchase...if I lived somewhere like California.

Someone said that Marc Marquez would lap "similar times to the Open Class Hondas" on the RC213V-S. If so, the bike is going to be very, very expensive. Then again, Honda also said that the RCV1000R would be close to the RC213V, and that has proven to be completely false.

My guess is that the RC213V-S is still a very expensive bike, but not close to the 1.2m Euro Open Class machine in terms of performance and tech. That said, I can't wait to see the specs/pricing.

Another bike to look out for is the KTM V4 due out in 2016. As per KTM, their official GP bike will also be available for sale to the public, and will be almost identical. Their target is to make it available to teams for around 250,000 Euros. What that translates to for the public, I'm not sure, but once again it will be a very expensive bike.

I must say that it's nice to see more pseudo GP bikes being made available, even if the pricetags are too steep for most. In hindsight, the 2008 Desmosedici RR seems like a relatively good buy at $72,500USD.

As for the R1M, I can't say that I'm a fan of the aesthetics. Sounds like it has a lot of cool bits going for it, but at $22k USD, anyone who thinks they're getting an almost-M1 is out to lunch.

Graham_A_M
11-06-2014, 12:43 PM
^ I dont really understand people that would buy such a bike for absolutely anything other then racing. Like even with my Triumph 675, I could not even HOPE to push it to its limits on the streets. Its just not possible unless you want to do numerous times the speed limit and continually chance it while doing so.

If we had a dedicated track here, sure Id love to have a clone of a GP bike, but otherwise, whats the point? The maintenance on them would be utterly staggering, as would the initial cost obviously.

Rocket1k78
11-06-2014, 01:24 PM
Bragging rights!! Sounds lame i know but these are very limited so they will be selling like hot cakes. Theres already deposits on them and from 1 deposit i seen the guy will be paying $26k Usd for it.

Just seen some other rumors on the honda and a lot of peeps are saying its a 100k ride so good luck seeing that around

Graham_A_M
11-06-2014, 02:02 PM
^ sure, but it's like..... "I just paid $100k for a bike that I'll never fully use to its potential" to a guy that paid $13k for his liter bike that is in the same boat.... for me, I'd think he's a dumbass personally. I guess if money is no object sure..... but to us mere mortals it's rather a moot point

japan_us
11-06-2014, 02:16 PM
^ Some people - maybe even most - don't buy exotic motor vehicles with the intention of pushing them to their limits. Look at how many Ferraris, Lambos, etc. never see the track. They're point A to point B transportation devices, just like a Honda Civic would be. That doesn't mean their owners enjoy them any less - they just bought them for different reasons.

Personally, I'm with you. I'd rather rip around on a track than on the streets any day. But, I also own an 1199 that has yet to see any track action, and while I can't wait for that day to come, I don't feel as if it was a bad purchase simply because I only use a fraction of its capabilities (for now). I love the sound, the tech, the aesthetics, etc.

When the Desmo was released, nobody thought a $70k motorcycle would sell, and they presold all of them within a very short amount of time. So high was the demand that Ducati had to increase their run. Many of those have never even had the motor turned over and/or are mounted as pieces of art. The next wave of street GP bikes will be no different. Some will take them to the track, and I'll envy those. But many will just be collector items, and that's fine too. I don't think any less of those buyers. Again, they just have different reasons.

Rocket1k78
11-06-2014, 06:03 PM
^^exactly. Just because you own an exotic car/bike and never take it to the track doesnt mean you're a dumbass(quite the opposite i'd say if you can afford them). I would lose all respect if i met an owner of the desmo, h2, R1M and he knew absolutely nothing about it but i think for these types of limited/hyper bikes the owners are mainly enthusiasts and buy them because they appreciate the bike. I'll bet if you did a survey of the desmo owners, these guys have been in this sport for years and have a deep passion for bikes and all things related. The desmo is a tough pill to swallow for most but the R1M is pretty reasonable for what it claims.

16hypen3sp
11-06-2014, 07:06 PM
I wouldn't really count on Honda doing anything great in terms of the look of the RCV-1000R. The engine will be awesome.

I don't really put much faith in this website. But if its true, then look at the bike in my sig. Take the engine out and put the V-4 in it and bam, you have the RCV1000R.

http://gas2.org/2014/04/05/honda-rcv-1000-street-engine-revealed/

japan_us
11-07-2014, 12:05 AM
^ That article is from earlier this year when little was known of Honda's V4 (retail version) superbike.

The bike that was rolled out just the other day is now dubbed the RC213V-S, and is very much like the GP bikes in terms of aesthetics. Only price, specs, and release date have yet to be announced, but the bike that was shown is what it will look like: an actual RC213V/RCV1000R.

That said, the next Fireblade (or whatever they plan on calling it) will be more in line with the current CBRs.

As a fan of GP, I love the look of the GP bikes, but that's only because I know what I'm looking at. If I were a casual motorcyle fan, I would say that it looks dated, and that the lines of your CBR are much more pleasant. :)

***Also, just to clarify, the Honda V4 models are as such:

GP Race bikes (not availble to public):
RC213V: Full factory prototype (bike used by the Repsol team)
RC213V-RS: Open class w/ pneumatic
RCV1000R: Open class w/o pneumatic (will no longer be used next year)

Retail bikes (ones to be sold to public):
RC213V-S: This is the one that Honda just unveiled and is based on the above bikes, including looks. +$100k

Apparently, there is also another V4 superbike in the works, and will be much more accessible/affordable than the RC213V-S. Not sure if the plan is to replace the CBR.

Sorry, back to the R1M! Assuming that all the new gadgets work as intended, you're getting a lot of bike for what you pay. If I could get over the looks, it would be on my list.