PDA

View Full Version : Lifted truck

civic_rida
11-13-2014, 04:42 PM
I was wondering if a truck with a lift kit will it pass an out of province inspection?

Sugarphreak
11-13-2014, 04:50 PM

never
11-13-2014, 05:04 PM
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h100/lousieg55/100_0654.jpg

Sugarphreak
11-13-2014, 05:06 PM

Disoblige
11-13-2014, 05:11 PM
Look at that tow hook, it's custom made to accommodate lol.

phil98z24
11-13-2014, 05:12 PM
How are these things passing inspection? The regulation for headlight height alone would fail it.. unless I'm completely out to lunch on this. I never thought the suspension was the issue, it was the fact that the headlights and other things are out of whack as a result of said lift.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong?

Disoblige
11-13-2014, 05:15 PM
That's not even the truck in question though. Just some random picture posted not from OP.

firebane
11-13-2014, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by never
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h100/lousieg55/100_0654.jpg

That would not pass a OOP. They would probably be silly and measure all the things such as bumper height and headlight height.

Hell I wouldn't even trust that tow hitch.. :eek:

SKR
11-13-2014, 05:24 PM
Mine passed with flying carpets. It's not as high as the one pictured though.

phil98z24
11-13-2014, 05:27 PM
From what I can tell, bumper height doesn't apply to trucks, but headlight height and some other things should. I have never had the time to really go after it and dig into it though.. but if you guys are getting passes with them, either they are good to go or these things are being overlooked? :dunno:

heavyfuel
11-13-2014, 05:32 PM
K I drive a lifted truck, and let me be the first to say that I think that looks downright moronic. Probably a gasser too, right?

firebane
11-13-2014, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by heavyfuel
K I drive a lifted truck, and let me be the first to say that I think that looks downright moronic. Probably a gasser too, right?

Gasser and 2wd

Looks to have SAS too.

FraserB
11-13-2014, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by phil98z24
From what I can tell, bumper height doesn't apply to trucks, but headlight height and some other things should. I have never had the time to really go after it and dig into it though.. but if you guys are getting passes with them, either they are good to go or these things are being overlooked? :dunno:

For the real tall stuff, bumpers and lights can be added on in order to meet the regulations. The rule for headlights is 54", so that truck might even be within the regs.

Adrenaline101
11-13-2014, 06:59 PM
needs some tractor tires, confederate flag and a mud bog to attend by the looks of it. I love lifted trucks but that's a bit extreme unless its just for shits and giggles.
As for OOP I believe as long as there were no corners cut etc and all of the trucks original "systems" are still in place it "might" pass.
Is the permanent receiver legal though? seems like it would be a dangerous vehicle to get in an accident with as the front suspension would likely contact a car, truck or object before the bumper and therefore negating your safety features. Same with the back, that thing would kill a car driver if you got rear ended.

BerserkerCatSplat
11-13-2014, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige
That's not even the truck in question though. Just some random picture posted not from OP.

Tik-Tok
11-13-2014, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by phil98z24
From what I can tell, bumper height doesn't apply to trucks,:

I dunno, modern pickups seem to fit the bill of "passenger car" moreso than "truck" these days.

I believe the legal definition of "truck", is a vehicle that is designed to transport goods as its primary purpose... a double cab 1/2 ton truck with tvs in the back seat, and lifted 20" doesn't seem like a vehicle transporting goods.

AE92_TreunoSC
11-13-2014, 08:22 PM
Headlight aim matter, suspension modifications matter, tire size and type matter. It has to conform to the manufacturers specifications. That said a lot of shops will pass it if efforts have been made to keep it tame. Mud flaps and no huge lift usually mean pass.

I think huge oversized tires greatly reduce a trucks ability to stop and negotiate panic instances. Lifts with bumpers 5 feet in the air make them very dangerous to others. Headlights 6 feet in the air blinds everyone else. etc..

Fuck bro-wagons.

rx7_turbo2
11-13-2014, 08:33 PM
Probably a gasser too, right?

Because if it was diesel it wouldn't look fucking retarded :dunno:

never
11-13-2014, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige

Was just posting it for the OP!

heavyfuel
11-13-2014, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by AE92_TreunoSC

I think huge oversized tires greatly reduce a trucks ability to stop and negotiate panic instances. .

Hahah doesn't matter you just drive over everything lol

Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

Because if it was diesel it wouldn't look fucking retarded :dunno:

Yes it would, but there would be a slightly greater chance of it being owned by a heterosexual nonetheless lol

r3ccOs
11-14-2014, 06:38 AM

Hahah doesn't matter you just drive over everything lol

Yes it would, but there would be a slightly greater chance of it being owned by a heterosexual nonetheless lol

I can't even imagine how your driving behaviors are.

tell me that your 8000lbs "BIG BOY" diesel with a lift kit, is any better on a lease road than a lifted half ton or perhaps a purpose built Raptor, Powerwagon, or Tundra TRD Pro.

yah, Diesel's are the way to go right? just like my neighbor's duramax 6.6 is now waiting to be towed to the shop, caused his "bullydog'd" coal roller threw the 4th cyl rod right out the side of the block, cause they're SOOOOOOooo much stronger engines.

tell me, is this what goes on in your head, and probably all those lease hands you "roll with"?

Its not a 1 ton, its gay
Its not a diesel, its gay
It doesn't have a lift, its gay
It doesn't have 40" mud terrains, its gay
It doesn't have a tuner, its gay
It doesn't have an exhaust, its gay
It doesn't have metal mulisha stickers, its gay

With the number of gasser trucks and the number of half tons that are sold in Alberta, there must be alot of gay people around.

Wow, your diesel is rated to tow 16,000lbs+, but what's this?

Your lift's spring rates now makes your ass end squat when you do?
Your trailer brakes now suck, cause your trailer is not level and nose high?
Your truck is less stable when towing cause your center of gravity is off wack?
Oh you've ether broken a couple drop hitches or have had to replace your bent factory reciever, cause of the lever effect?
Issues with your differential? oh does the poor thing not like towing at max capacity when tiled 40 degrees up? Oh but you have that AFE diff cover, that will make it all better right?

yah, this is what happens when people buy a purpose built 1 ton, to do a 1 ton purpose, but lift it, slap stupid massive tires on em and still try to tow to their full capacity

on top of that, now your truck actually sucks more to drive on ice than it would've factory, especially unloaded...
but of course you'd think that those big "man sized" mud terrains and a high center of gravity is going to give you so much more control and traction to get you up to your site faster.

now, not to debate lifts or diesels, which I for one respect the diesel, but think that Diesel configurations, like all truck configurations should be used for the purpose their built for.

As far as lifts and registration is concerned, I think safety's those aren't subjective, are.

I had a lifted XJ (of course it'd be gay cause Jeeps didn't have a diesel in an XJ) I got out of province safeted years ago at Folk automotive.

Unknown303
11-14-2014, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by r3ccOs

tell me that your 8000lbs "BIG BOY" diesel with a lift kit, is any better on a lease road than a lifted half ton or perhaps a purpose built Raptor, Powerwagon, or Tundra TRD Pro.

yah, Diesel's are the way to go right? just like my neighbor's duramax 6.6 is now waiting to be towed to the shop, caused his "bullydog'd" coal roller threw the 4th cyl rod right out the side of the block, cause they're SOOOOOOooo much stronger engines.

tell me, is this what goes on in your head, and probably all those lease hands you "roll with"?

Its not a 1 ton, its gay

With the number of gasser trucks and the number of half tons that are sold in Alberta, there must be alot of gay people around.

Wow, your diesel is rated to tow 16,000lbs+, but what's this?

Your lift's spring rates now makes your ass end squat when you do?
Your trailer brakes now suck, cause your trailer is not level and nose high?
Your truck is less stable when towing cause your center of gravity is off wack?
Oh you've ether broken a couple drop hitches or have had to replace your bent factory reciever, cause of the lever effect?
Issues with your differential? oh does the poor thing not like towing at max capacity when tiled 40 degrees up? Oh but you have that AFE diff cover, that will make it all better right?

yah, this is what happens when people buy a purpose built 1 ton, to do a 1 ton purpose, but lift it, slap stupid massive tires on em and still try to tow to their full capacity

on top of that, now your truck actually sucks more to drive on ice than it would've factory, especially unloaded...
but of course you'd think that those big "man sized" mud terrains and a high center of gravity is going to give you so much more control and traction to get you up to your site faster.

You have to relax just a bit over this who's dick (truck) is bigger thing you have going on.

firebane
11-14-2014, 08:18 AM

Wait.. So you mean to tell me that when someone runs a tune to roal coal it'll be the engines fault that it craters?

heavyfuel
11-14-2014, 08:18 AM

Its not a 1 ton, its gay

Says the guy who started a thread about his wife allowing you to buy a Fago-Boost or something? You need to just STFU altogether if you need you're wife's ok to buy a half ton, not even joking there bro.

I don't go anywhere near lease roads lol I just about make rig money in about 1/3 the time, without having to talk to 10 people in a day so couldn't give a fuck about that but I agree that mudding and such with a 1100lb engine up front, is just stupid.

My Dodge is a 3/4 ton, Dmax is a 1 ton, bone stock work truck
40's destroy front ends and too much $$$ I refuse to go bigger than 35's
Tuners actually improve efficiency when gauges and supporting mods (head studs, valve springs, etc) are present and used properly
I like the sound of it so hell yeah it's got an exhaust
Metal Mulisha stickers are just as gay as Tapout stickers IMO matter of fact I hate stickers in general, no one gets free advertising on my truck.
Airbags when towing heavy IMO are a must, for safety and wear and tear's sake.

There's a total of 1 rig hand I know that I can stand being around, we been bros for over 15 years and he drives this AWD Suzuki lol

As far as my driving habits go, I'm probably one of the most courteous Oakley/DC wearing douchebags around.

Originally posted by firebane

Wait.. So you mean to tell me that when someone runs a tune to roal coal it'll be the engines fault that it craters?

Most of the time it's the foot's fault. Throwing a rod sounds more like lack of maintenance than tuning tho, although an improperly used tuner especially a Bullydog which IMO is garbage to begin with can be a factor for sure. Melted pistons and blown trannies are the most common tuner related issues.

Unknown303
11-14-2014, 08:37 AM

Most of the time it's the foot's fault. Throwing a rod sounds more like lack of maintenance than tuning tho, although an improperly used tuner especially a Bullydog which IMO is garbage to begin with can be a factor for sure. Melted pistons and blown trannies are the most common tuner related issues.

Yeah my Duramax enjoyed a 120hp tune, but the transmission had other plans... :burnout:

r3ccOs
11-14-2014, 09:24 AM

Says the guy who started a thread about his wife allowing you to buy a Fago-Boost or something? You need to just STFU altogether if you need you're wife's ok to buy a half ton, not even joking there bro.

I don't go anywhere near lease roads lol I just about make rig money in about 1/3 the time, without having to talk to 10 people in a day so couldn't give a fuck about that but I agree that mudding and such with a 1100lb engine up front, is just stupid.

My Dodge is a 3/4 ton, Dmax is a 1 ton, bone stock work truck
40's destroy front ends and too much $$$ I refuse to go bigger than 35's
Tuners actually improve efficiency when gauges and supporting mods (head studs, valve springs, etc) are present and used properly
I like the sound of it so hell yeah it's got an exhaust
Metal Mulisha stickers are just as gay as Tapout stickers IMO matter of fact I hate stickers in general, no one gets free advertising on my truck.
Airbags when towing heavy IMO are a must, for safety and wear and tear's sake.

There's a total of 1 rig hand I know that I can stand being around, we been bros for over 15 years and he drives this AWD Suzuki lol

As far as my driving habits go, I'm probably one of the most courteous Oakley/DC wearing douchebags around.

lol, so my response wasn't in regards to who's truck is bigger... yup I got a fago-boost :D cause again, gas engines are for gay people...
I'm no homophobe, and if gay people drive gas engines, I'm okay with
driving one too.

Its all "fit for purpose" -- for me, I don't work at site, I don't haul more than 15% of the time, I don't use my truck for anything other than a daily driver and the occational recreation... (towing RV & throwing an ATV in the box)
and by daily driver, I'm on the train about 20 days of the month anyways.

Yet, this faggoty gasser makes more HP and as much torque as HD diesels did going back to the 7.3's and early dodge 5.9s (granted less effecient under load)

For daily driving, half tons are quicker than a stock 8000+lb HD truck and with a short box far more manueverable than a 6.5 or 8 foot box HD truck

the truck needs to be able to operate from any cold start, as it sits in parking lots or outside most of the time and not plugged in anytime away from home... (last march my neighbor's 2011 6.6 wouldn't start unless it was plugged in)

So why is it that people "like me" need a HD diesel truck?

Also why would I ask my wife, if I should get a half ton as a family vehicle? Because it has to somewhat be functional as a family vehilcle, as that a good part of its purpose.

Its not that she has me by the balls, but her being a CFP, also helps me with making sure the total cost of ownership of my vehicles are aligned to my financial targets.

but I'm sure you're just going to reply that... well get a "fucking real job"...
just like those operator boys up at site who I talk over the phone with, who work more than twice the hours, and make less than I do.

back to the thread...

go see Dean Folk if you want to get a safety/OOP inspection on a lifted truck or call him first to see.

lasimmon
11-14-2014, 09:39 AM
^^ You have some major issues you need to work out. Based on your posts in most threads.

Unknown303
11-14-2014, 09:48 AM

For daily driving, half tons are quicker than a stock 8000+lb HD truck and with a short box far more manueverable than a 6.5 or 8 foot box HD truck

You've obviously never lined up against a diesel HD truck....

and a short box HD truck will be as maneuverable as a short box half ton and a long box half ton will be as maneuverable as a long box HD truck.. Because they are all pretty much the same length it bought in the same configuration.

r3ccOs
11-14-2014, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Unknown303

You've obviously never lined up against a diesel HD truck....

and a short box HD truck will be as maneuverable as a short box half ton and a long box half ton will be as maneuverable as a long box HD truck.. Because they are all pretty much the same length it bought in the same configuration.

I haven't really raced mine, but yah my neighbor's Duramax was running pretty quick, but I think the other neigbor's tuned FX4 ecoscrew was quicker when they ran each other. (talk about a dick measuring contest there lol)

I thought you could get a mega cab with a long box?

heavyfuel
11-14-2014, 10:07 AM
r3ccOs, if you were a turbo you'd spool up faster than any diesel out there that's for sure!

Unknown303
11-14-2014, 10:13 AM

I haven't really raced mine, but yah my neighbor's Duramax was running pretty quick, but I think the other neigbor's tuned FX4 ecoscrew was quicker when they ran each other. (talk about a dick measuring contest there lol)

I thought you could get a mega cab with a long box?

Megacabs only came with 1 box configuration I believe, when they were available in the 1/2 and 3/4. Now I think they only offer them in the HDs? But I'm not really sure to be honest. I meant more along the lines of the CC/LB CC/SB type setups, they are available for all 1/2, 3/4, and Full tons and the virtually the same wheelbase whether comparing the 3 weigh classes.

r3ccOs
11-14-2014, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Unknown303

Megacabs only came with 1 box configuration I believe, when they were available in the 1/2 and 3/4. Now I think they only offer them in the HDs? But I'm not really sure to be honest. I meant more along the lines of the CC/LB CC/SB type setups, they are available for all 1/2, 3/4, and Full tons and the virtually the same wheelbase whether comparing the 3 weigh classes.

if you compare apples to apples, I think a Superduty to F150 is about a foot in difference from scab/screw to like for like 6.5/8.0 setup

but there isn't a 5.6 box in a superduty or HD truck

killramos
11-14-2014, 10:20 AM
Aww we are now comparing 0-60 times in the range of 6-7 seconds :rolleyes:

speedog
11-14-2014, 10:38 AM
Except when you'll see that orange Sonic, eh. ;)

Dumbass17
11-14-2014, 11:34 AM
http://felinedocs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/1.jpg

killramos
11-14-2014, 11:36 AM
Not to mention actually arguing about who's truck in longer.

Gold. You cant make this stuff up :rofl: .

speedog
11-14-2014, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Dumbass17
Purrfect. :D

Unknown303
11-14-2014, 11:58 AM
Hey I just wanted to point out to him that a 1/2 ton and a 3/4 ton can be very similar in size and that it's not really something worth complaining about HD trucks for.

I didn't mean to start a Pussy Fight.

r3ccOs
11-14-2014, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Dumbass17

rawr! lol

Hallowed_point
11-14-2014, 04:54 PM
I'd bet my brother's Nissan Frontier 4.0 V6 phaggot gas truck would beat both of you so there!!!! :poosie:

& my dad can beat your dad up too!

heavyfuel
11-14-2014, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by speedog

Except when you'll see that orange Sonic, eh. ;)

That depends... you have to earn a cutoff/coal rolling :)