PDA

View Full Version : This War of Mine (Steam Game)

HiTempguy1
12-01-2014, 02:23 PM
http://www.11bitstudios.com/games/16/this-war-of-mine

Amazing game. Great mechanics. Love the fact that there are no instructions (like real life would be if you were dumped into this mess).

Its just figure it out as you go, no save scumming, try and survive.

Best game I have played in years, great story (very small scale though), incredibly immersive. The purpose of the game isn't to max-min every stat and item, which I love about it. Its also decently long, and lots of interesting things happen, the pace is perfect. :thumbsup:

Anyone else have thoughts or comments? Interesting things you have found in the game? I apparently pissed people off in the marketplace, and now can't show my face there :( I don't know how to calm them down besides killing them...

redrocket
12-04-2014, 01:28 PM
After this post I bought it and I've already played like 20 hours not sure about the people at the market attacking you sorry pretty sweet game

schocker
12-04-2014, 05:08 PM
Most depressing game I have ever played :(
I played a few games, current I am about 15 days in iirc, haven't made it to winter yet.

HiTempguy1
12-04-2014, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by redrocket
After this post I bought it and I've already played like 20 hours not sure about the people at the market attacking you sorry pretty sweet game

Sweet! Glad you are enjoying it :)

I think after watching someone do a playthrough, I found out the issue.

If you do anything aggressive in the marketplace (run, pull out a weapon/fists) they immediately label you as violent and try to protect themselves.

I don't know if it is possible for me to go back, which makes the game IMPOSSIBLE :(