PDA

View Full Version : remote start install in turbo timer harness?

rouxel
12-09-2014, 10:51 AM
A little backstory. I just bought a jdm car, 99 Subaru Legacy tt. I drive to Edmonton from Calgary and back once a week. The Aristo was not cutting it. Iv always had a starter in my car but because of the time of year and type of car I'm having trouble getting one put in.

The car came with a turbo timer and in my head it does sorta the same thing. I looked at wiring diagrams and in my head I can do the install myself. Remote start has a bit more to it but allot of it is the same.

I really like learning new skills and am willing to give it a try on my own car. Plus it's old enough that it won't require a bypass or anything.

I think I could tap most the wires right into the turbo timer harness no? Anyone have experience installing either? I'm a millwright am confident with wires as I work with them all the time.

I also have a nice big shop in Edmonton if anyone cares to help with the install. Wink.

Anyone have any input?

Travis

Projek01
12-09-2014, 11:18 AM
Personally, id rip the turbo timer out and install a alarm/starter with that function built in. Find a spot for the remote starter brain first, then run the wires to the appropriate location from there. That way your wires wont be too short/long in the end.