PDA

View Full Version : Question about horn fuse and relay

FixedGear
01-24-2015, 11:18 AM
Hey guys,

Drove through a flooded road and my horn stopped working. Before I get under my car to remove the horn, i'm checking the fuse and relay to make sure they work. I know the relay works since I can hear it click when I hit the horn on the key fob.

My question is - if the relay is working, does that mean the fuse is definitely working too? I did look at the fuse box, but I'm actually not certain i'm looking at the correct fuse cause the diagram I have is so shitty! I didn't see any bad fuses in the area where it should be though.

Thanks!

Tik-Tok
01-24-2015, 12:02 PM
What car?

If you didn't try to use the horn while soaking wet, my guess is the horn is fubar, or the wire got pulled out from the force of water.

AE92_TreunoSC
01-24-2015, 12:13 PM
Relays operate on a separate circuit for power and control usually, different fuse, a low current controlling a high current.

Horn fuses are usually very easy to find and inspect, start with it.

Also some cars use a separate security horn for the key fob honk, 2 horns for operator and one for security (not a car alarm, oem 3rd horn)

FixedGear
01-24-2015, 03:40 PM
ended up just replacing the horn and it works now, so the fuse is definitely OK haha

thanks though guys!