PDA

View Full Version : Where to shoot that isn't gross looking right now?

Tik-Tok
01-24-2015, 03:08 PM
A friend is taking some pregnancy photo's tomorrow, but I can't really think of anywhere that doesn't look like a pile of shit right now due to the warm weather.

Any suggestions? Would prefer to stay in the city as my wife is REALLY pregnant... like due date is <7 days... If you don't want to shout out your secret locations, a PM would be appreciated.

Fly Fishin'
01-24-2015, 06:01 PM
Banff still has some snow in the town. Or lake Louise ice sculptures should still be up I think.

adamc
01-24-2015, 06:06 PM
Unnecessarily harsh.

Graham_A_M
01-24-2015, 06:11 PM
Devonian gardens?

blitz
01-24-2015, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by adamc
Inside.

Those &quot;look, I'm pregnant in a forrest!&quot; photo shoots are idiotic.

Yup, using natural light for photos of people is stupid. Do it in a basement with a creative white or black background.

Tik-Tok
01-24-2015, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
Devonian gardens?

If it was old Devonian gardens, I'd go there in a heart beat... the new one sucks balls.

Inside our house is a no-go right now. For those nay-saying outdoor lighting, what about something like 8th ave by the skating rink at night?

This isn't a professional-paid-for shoot, it's an amateur with a nice camera who just wants to take our photo's, lol. We don't have a studio with "white or black background" or anything like that.

adamc
01-24-2015, 06:28 PM
Blitz is being sarcastic :) Natural (outdoor) lighting is best for portraits.

I edited, my post was unnecessarily harsh. I haven't had my coffee yet today.

The_Penguin
01-24-2015, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by adamc
Blitz is being sarcastic :) Natural (outdoor) lighting is best for portraits.

I edited, my post was unnecessarily harsh. I haven't had my coffee yet today.

Depends. Mrs. Penguin, and a good chunk of her side of the family look like the McSquintersons in any outdoor light. Studio lights, no problem.

adamc
01-24-2015, 06:48 PM
get thyself some "golden hour"