PDA

View Full Version : Offworld Trading Company

HiTempguy1
03-04-2015, 07:51 AM
Anyone playing?

I am finding it very interesting, I hope they get some of the bugs fixed before the final release. The slow interface drives me nuts.

Overall though, I like it. I'm still trying to get a hang of how better to influence the stock market though, it seems like whenever I shut down production to raise prices it doesnt do much...

schocker
03-04-2015, 11:16 AM
I bought it. From the news leading up, I thought it would be more polished so there is a bunch of things they could add. I kind of wish it was a bit longer as some games go by pretty quick. I do find that though like you that it is hard to influence the stock market. I target with sabotage certain industries to create a shortage as they are limited production and nothing happens. I have high hopes though that it will be adjusted as they have been patching it very frequently.

HiTempguy1
03-06-2015, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by schocker
I do find that though like you that it is hard to influence the stock market. I target with sabotage certain industries to create a shortage as they are limited production and nothing happens. I have high hopes though that it will be adjusted as they have been patching it very frequently.

I think that the key is when you are small, it is hard to impact your opponents (like in real life).

There appears to be a key tipping point where you have enough cash on hand to continuously utilize the black market/hacker lab and by selling your overstock of certain items (or by withholding them) you can seriously affect the amount of money competitors must spend on specific resources.

Overall, I think growing your business is the #1 priority at the end of the day. I'm actually enjoying it still though :)