PDA

View Full Version : Acura Crank Removal Tool

jasonho28
03-05-2015, 01:27 AM
Hey,

Just wondering if someone has a crank removal tool that I could borrow/purchase for an Acura (2nd Gen 1999 3.2 TL)

50 mm.

From the Factory Service Manual, part no: 07MAB-PY3010A

Thanks!

RickDaTuner
03-05-2015, 01:51 AM
Jamb a screw driver between the starter ring and the engine block, then use a 50mm 3/4 socket to take it off.
For that ever reason that but seizes on their pretty good.
The tool is used to prevent torque on the crankshaft, but firm and steady application of force will get you there aswell.

Remember to replace that crank bolt once you get it out aswell

jasonho28
03-05-2015, 06:08 PM
Wicked.

Thanks Rick, will do. Thanks for the tip on crank bolt too. Wasn't sure I was going to (ie. wasn't going to) replace that baby haha.

For anyone that comes around and does have one, I'll still take it.

ryder_23
03-05-2015, 08:11 PM
I have one, just have to look for it at parents house. Haven't seen it in years but should still have it. Well that is if its the same as the Honda one. I'll swing by later and let you know in the morning if thats okay. (I work night shift)

Ricks trick works pretty slick. I actually used this way when I had to take it apart when I put engine back in because tool wouldn't fit in without dropping one side of motor. Don't fully recall probably been almost a decade, just don't use a cheap screw driver haha.

edit: Looks to be same tool just did a quick search

jasonho28
03-16-2015, 09:49 AM
Ryder_23 thanks! By the time I read it, I already ordered off Amazon.

Did the job this weekend, a breaker bar and two snipes were able to take off the crank bolt. Not sure how well the screwdriver method would've held up.

Thanks guys :goflames: :guns: