PDA

View Full Version : Malaysian GP - 2015

flipstah
03-24-2015, 09:40 AM
http://chequeredflagmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/R02_MAL_factfile_2015_WEB.png

Expect Mercedes to clean house but still rooting for the underdog. :thumbsup:

Cheap plug: Follow me on Instagram for stupid shit this weekend, live from Sepang. :bigpimp:

phreezee
03-24-2015, 10:23 AM
Awesome, I'm jealous. Hope you have a great time! :thumbsup:

flipstah
03-24-2015, 12:32 PM
First F1 race in person so quite excited. :D

Alonso is also back in the game. :bigpimp:

diamondedge
03-24-2015, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by flipstah
First F1 race in person so quite excited. :D

Alonso is also back in the game. :bigpimp:

Have a blast Don.

P.S. I will give you 20 bucks if you get a picture with Jessica Michibata-Button.

flipstah
03-24-2015, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by diamondedge

Have a blast Don.

P.S. I will give you 20 bucks if you get a picture with Jessica Michibata-Button.

Deal.

Cos
03-24-2015, 01:37 PM

flipstah
03-24-2015, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Cos
Have fun, looks like a fun track too. Which corner are your seats?

We're in Ruby so it's along the last turn before the main stretch,

vxnkRenhGJ0

rage2
03-24-2015, 02:13 PM
Let me know if they have any personal TV systems back in action at the track. I haven't gone to a race live since they discontinued Kangaroo TV/Fanvision, and it's just not the same live without it, especially at the longer tracks.

phreezee
03-24-2015, 02:47 PM
Just checked the weather, 80% chance of rain on Saturday and 60% on Sunday. Could change things up a bit.

flipstah
03-24-2015, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Let me know if they have any personal TV systems back in action at the track. I haven't gone to a race live since they discontinued Kangaroo TV/Fanvision, and it's just not the same live without it, especially at the longer tracks.

I'm actually looking for either that or a portable transmitter for audio coverage. So far, no luck but keep you posted once I'm in the circuit.

I'll also be wearing stupid fanboy t-shirts. Showed Cos some of them already (for your eyes only until race weekend!)

A2VR6
03-24-2015, 03:46 PM

When i went to the USGP last year, there weren't any personal TV systems available. I'd be surprised if they had this available now. They had a box available with a personal audio feed however.

MGCM
03-25-2015, 08:52 PM
thats stupid if they dont have some type of live broadcast to the crowd, almost every single other major sporting event has live announcers for both tv feeds and audio of it for the crowd.

Cos
03-25-2015, 08:57 PM

H4LFY2nR
03-26-2015, 10:50 AM
Have fun! Most races I've gone to have had loudspeakers with the local track commentary playing at each grandstand. You can't really hear it over the engines and the quality of the commentary has never been great. Plus they usually switch between English and the local language every couple minutes.

Until they figure out a replacement for Kangaroo, I recommend using the F1 app for commentary using cell data. IIRC it was around 20Mb of data per session and I was surprised it never noticeably dropped or buffered the stream. I can't remember if it's Sky or BBC, but either way it's better than the local broadcast.

Oh and remember to bring a battery life extender too!

phreezee
03-26-2015, 11:16 AM
Bhahaha, Rosberg should have kept that to himself :rofl:

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/24207/9776303/nico-rosberg-reveals-he-wears-a-womans-sanitary-towel?789

flipstah
03-26-2015, 11:52 AM
My brother and I are in Hong Kong recovering in LKF before our Malaysia flight. Fuck, so many hills.

H4LFY2nR
03-26-2015, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by phreezee

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/24207/9776303/nico-rosberg-reveals-he-wears-a-womans-sanitary-towel?789

I really can't tell if he's trolling or not... :rofl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYOyYBrGcHg

http://i.imgur.com/GNEUmHx.jpg

phreezee
03-26-2015, 04:35 PM
Bottas has been OK'ed to race, but Williams has signed Sutil as their back up driver.

phreezee
03-26-2015, 08:59 PM
FP1 live right now. Good to see Alonso pulling in front of Force India and Manor out on track.

Hamilton had to stop on track, but hopefully they've saved the engine.

MGCM
03-26-2015, 10:04 PM
i cannot figure out what TSN is broadcasting at midnight, they always fuck up the titles on my pvr.

flipstah
03-27-2015, 08:37 AM
If someone has access to Sky Sports, I'm in the background lol. It was post-practice during the pit walk.

Mibz
03-27-2015, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by flipstah
If someone has access to Sky Sports, I'm in the background lol. It was post-practice during the pit walk. You seriously think we'd be able to pick you out from a bunch of Malays?

rage2
03-27-2015, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Mibz
You seriously think we'd be able to pick you out from a bunch of Malays?
:rofl:

eglove
03-27-2015, 09:58 AM
Kanji won't be hard to miss :p - tired, drunk and way louder than any regular filipino

bjstare
03-27-2015, 11:55 AM
You seriously think we'd be able to pick you out from a bunch of Malays? :rofl:

MGCM
03-27-2015, 05:03 PM
Well it was FP2 that TSN was broadcasting last night. I have to say its very refreshing to see so many cars out there, I think the number was 20 cars. Lookin to be a good race Sunday:thumbsup:

flipstah
03-27-2015, 05:09 PM
You seriously think we'd be able to pick you out from a bunch of Malays?

:rofl:

I was with the UK folks in a post-race interview wearing a Magnussen t-shirt, so I'll definitely stick out like a sore thumb.

Not a lot to report as we missed the FP1 and FP2 but Alonso is closing in the gap during practices. Not in Sepang, but maybe Spain or Monaco?

cloud7
03-27-2015, 06:47 PM

I will try that next time for an endurance race and report back to the group how well it works :thumbsup:

If it is a wet race, who do you think will get a surprise result? McLaren? since they are really down on power?

MGCM
03-27-2015, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by cloud7

I will try that next time for an endurance race and report back to the group how well it works :thumbsup:

If it is a wet race, who do you think will get a surprise result? McLaren? since they are really down on power?

I dont know that McLaren has the balance to keep it on track in the wet while still putting in decent lap times. Maybe one of the mid field teams, one of the newbie young drivers? That would be a sweet surprise result:thumbsup:

flipstah
03-27-2015, 07:36 PM
I'd love to see Mclaren get some points this weekend. I have a feeling TR might get mid because kids don't give a fuck in the rain.

rob the knob
03-28-2015, 04:12 AM
you staying dry?

rob the knob
03-28-2015, 04:29 AM
wowee vettel and verstappen

go team V

MGCM
03-28-2015, 04:50 AM
nico nico nico..........knows he can't beat lewis so he tries to fubar lewis's lap? Man if that was my driver he would be looking for a new team. What a sore loser:thumbsdow

flipstah
03-28-2015, 07:55 AM
It rained hard but made the last leg tolerable with cool winds. TR ranked roughly where I thought they'd be and an awesome performance by a youngster!

Team McLaren last... Manor doesn't count haha.

flipstah
03-28-2015, 06:40 PM
What I will the end result will be with little to no merit:

Vettel and Rosberg might get top 2, TR will lead the middle, then Lotus over Williams. McLaren will just work its thing in the back. Id be surprised if they get 8th.

That.Guy.S30
03-29-2015, 01:47 AM
Shitty for Alonso.

Great battles within the Toro Rosso and Redbull teams

Disoblige
03-29-2015, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by MGCM
i cannot figure out what TSN is broadcasting at midnight, they always fuck up the titles on my pvr.
TSN 1, 3, 4, 5.

Oops, so late :rofl:

phreezee
03-29-2015, 02:06 AM
Max has really impressed this weekend. What a nail biter, glad I stayed up! :D

phreezee
03-29-2015, 02:45 AM
Well the gaps never closed up like I hoped but still a stunner of a race.

rage2
03-29-2015, 02:48 AM
Mercedes fucked up strategy. Why did they pit so early? Turned it off right at the end so I don't have to see that fucking finger.

flipstah
03-29-2015, 04:09 AM
Fuck.

Good race to watch though! Vettel had a big gap.

flipstah
03-29-2015, 07:25 AM
Can't wait to hear what Horner has to say about Sepang.

''We are slow because of the engine'' and yet, TR beats them with same engine.

AaronK
03-29-2015, 11:22 AM
Yesss! Great race by Seb! Go Ferrari!

phreezee
03-29-2015, 12:54 PM
I'm shocked at how many Ferrari bandwagon jumpers actually think they are going to see that finger again this year. Granted it was a great drive to make a 2 stop work in that heat, but honestly it was a gift from Mercedes poor strategy.
I'm not convinced that Lewis could have caught Seb on the mediums but they definitely should have tried that instead of the hard at the end.

But the real benefit of this result is that it makes RBR and Horner/Marko look like even bigger asses, so it's all good.

MGCM
03-29-2015, 02:58 PM
Mercedes fucked up strategy. Why did they pit so early? Turned it off right at the end so I don't have to see that fucking finger.

i thought lewis had complained the tires were already gone by 1st pit?

I'm shocked at how many Ferrari bandwagon jumpers actually think they are going to see that finger again this year. Granted it was a great drive to make a 2 stop work in that heat, but honestly it was a gift from Mercedes poor strategy.
I'm not convinced that Lewis could have caught Seb on the mediums but they definitely should have tried that instead of the hard at the end.

But the real benefit of this result is that it makes RBR and Horner/Marko look like even bigger asses, so it's all good.

A gift from Mercedes forsure, but you cannot argue with the pace, if we are lucky the season will produce some great battles between those 2 teams. Because, well, Mercedes is not perfect, next mistake they make Ferrari will be right there to capitalize on it:thumbsup:

Max, wow, for a 17 year old kid the results are extremely impressive. He will make mistakes this season, and he will learn from them. Keep a sharp eye on this kid, he is destined for a podium finish, maybe even this year.

flipstah
03-29-2015, 05:21 PM
This is the best picture from Malaysia,

http://i.imgur.com/Npa9xsL.jpg

phreezee
03-29-2015, 05:51 PM
^^^^:rofl:

Originally posted by MGCM

i thought lewis had complained the tires were already gone by 1st pit?

A gift from Mercedes forsure, but you cannot argue with the pace, if we are lucky the season will produce some great battles between those 2 teams. Because, well, Mercedes is not perfect, next mistake they make Ferrari will be right there to capitalize on it:thumbsup:

The Kimi vs Lewis side by side lap comparison BBC did, showed the Ferrari actually had the pace advantage in the straights which was eye opening and undeniable. But the trade off was the extra downforce the Mercedes had, gave them a big advantage in the corners. Ironically the faster corners probably contributed to their higher tire degradation.

flipstah
03-29-2015, 06:43 PM
Nico didn't know the plan, so he sat with us to figure things out.

Inzane
03-30-2015, 09:56 AM
Can we start a petition to end Eddie Jordan's post-race podium interviewer status? Why do they keep brining him back?

phreezee
03-30-2015, 10:02 AM
I'd sign it, he was so quick to jump back on Vettel's dick.

rage2
03-30-2015, 10:03 AM
I skipped the podium interview. Was it that bad?

I really enjoyed Arnold's interview last race. I mean, if I wanted to hear about strategy and stuff, I'd watch the indoor post race interview. The podium interview should be light and funny.

Inzane
03-30-2015, 10:16 AM
I skipped the podium interview. Was it that bad?

Just typical Eddie Jordan. Really annoying.

I really enjoyed Arnold's interview last race. I mean, if I wanted to hear about strategy and stuff, I'd watch the indoor post race interview. The podium interview should be light and funny.

Agreed. It was hilarious how star struck Lewis was. And you could tell Arnold wanted to get into the physicality of the training required for an F1 racer. He kept it fresh and non-political.

Arnold was a better interviewer than many of the retired drivers, like Andretti for example (who has been terrible every year at Texas IMO).

Canmorite
03-30-2015, 10:29 AM
Really entertaining race to watch :thumbsup:

rage2
03-30-2015, 10:37 AM
You should check out Nelson Piquet's interviewing skills from last year. Creepy questions to Lewis about Nicole lol.

Mibz
03-30-2015, 10:41 AM
You should check out Nelson Piquet's interviewing skills from last year. Creepy questions to Lewis about Nicole lol. That shit made me cringe, haha.

Inzane
03-30-2015, 10:59 AM
You should check out Nelson Piquet's interviewing skills from last year. Creepy questions to Lewis about Nicole lol.

LOL. I forgot about that one.

Inzane
03-30-2015, 11:20 AM
BTW, regarding tires.

Was Lewis's problem due to them using up an extra set of mediums during qualy when they didn't really NEED to, and then during the race his team was left with the choice of only a used set of mediums vs. a fresh set of hards?

H4LFY2nR
03-30-2015, 11:30 AM
^Yep, Mercedes made the conscious decision to save the extra set of primes in qualifying to use for the race, thinking option/prime/prime/prime was the best strategy.

I was surprised to hear Lewis complain about getting the hards on his last stop, you'd think he'd remember what they committed themselves to. It must have been a heat of the moment thing...