PDA

View Full Version : Sweatpants in Public

Pages : [1] 2

jwslam
03-26-2015, 02:55 PM
http://globalnews.ca/news/1905114/are-sweatpants-and-yoga-pants-ruining-women-and-marriages/

Discuss: Would you wear sweatpants in public? No I don't mean to work or to a wedding, I mean like to the mall.

edit: oops, I guess there's a difference between no I don't do it but it's ok if you do, vs no i don't do it and no you should never.

Personally, you'll find me walking around in Lululemon all weekend quite often...

firebane
03-26-2015, 03:00 PM
I dislike sweatpants but I don't see anything wrong with them. Pajamas on the other hand I do not agree with.

For the record, the 64-year-old — who was interviewed in rolled up jeans, cowboy boots and a men’s shirt and blazer — also hates men in shorts. She called the attire”repulsive,” said they look “ridiculous, like children,” and that she’d rather see someone coming at her with a hand grenade.

Uh.. what?

killramos
03-26-2015, 03:01 PM
I don't even own a pair of sweatpants. I have Pajams bottoms?

Definitely a not for me. I go out dressed sloppy sure. But that's like jeans t shirt and a hoodie with ratty shoes or something.

Was my biggest pet peeve about on campus university lifestyle. People who literally just wouldn't get dressed for the day. Pretty off putting when you know that if someone was to lazy to put clothes on, they definitely didn't shower either.

Women were worse than men for this to :nut:

bjstare
03-26-2015, 03:03 PM
Women are usually worse than men for that. Gladly my gf is the exception to the rule.

I answered yes, but only cause I walk to the grocery store in sweats now and then. Generally speaking, I never leave the house in anything worse than jeans and a tee. I don't even usually wear hoodies out.

ercchry
03-26-2015, 03:04 PM
rarely... usually consists of late night grocery shopping... or if im making an unplanned stop for something on the way home from some sort of physical exercise of sorts (gym, hockey, etc)... but yeah, i like jeans. rarely wear shorts either unless im on vacation/at the lake. pretty rare to see me in them IN calgary

ExtraSlow
03-26-2015, 03:05 PM
I've never really given any fucks about what people think of me. I'll go out in whatever a darned well please, sweats, dirty jeans, shorts and flip-flops. Zero fucks, who am I trying to impress?

I generally try to dress decently for work, but there's only so much that clothes can do for a guy that looks like this:

(see avatar photo)<<<--------------------------------------

baygirl
03-26-2015, 03:06 PM
I saw this thread and thought spikerS started it lol. I bought him a pair of Roots sweatpants for Christmas, and he loves them. On the bright side he doesn't wear pj pants in public anymore:-/

firebane
03-26-2015, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
I've never really given any fucks about what people think of me. I'll go out in whatever a darned well please, sweats, dirty jeans, shorts and flip-flops. Zero fucks, who am I trying to impress?

I generally try to dress decently for work, but there's only so much that clothes can do for a guy that looks like this:

(see avatar photo)&lt;&lt;&lt;--------------------------------------

Exactly. Hell I've gone to the store in my clothes after I've been elbow deep in grease and mud working on my truck.

I honestly don't care how people may perceive me and shorts are my go to clothing when its warm out. And by shorts I'm not talking like gym shorts or track shorts I wear cargo shorts because they are comfortable in the warm weather.

klumsy_tumbler
03-26-2015, 03:14 PM
Around the house, running to the grocery store or hardware store, then absolutely.
Going out to a movie, dinner, or running around doing other errands, then no.

The sweatpants I wear are well-fitted and presentable, but there's still a line.

timdog
03-26-2015, 03:16 PM
i'm a hard no on this. I think our world is getting more and more casual by the year and I think people need to step it up a bit. when i see someone in jogging pants or pajama pants at the mall or anywhere public besides a 30 foot radius from their house (i.e. to get the mail, etc), i will and DO judge them. you dont have to wear a suit everywhere you go, but jesus have some respect for yourself and for civilization.

^^ (slightly tongue-in-cheek, but i'm not kidding)

birdman86
03-26-2015, 03:24 PM
I put down "other" - I'll run to mcdonalds or the grocery store in sweats if I'm hung over to the nines, or maybe when I just got back to town from a sweaty day out skiing. But other than those I can't think of a single time I'd wear sweats out.

Note that dirty/muddy/greasy clothes I have no problem with. There's a world of difference between running to the store on a quick break from work or something, and running to the store but being too lazy to change out of your pyjamas.

Tik-Tok
03-26-2015, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by timdog
i'm a hard no on this. I think our world is getting more and more casual by the year and I think people need to step it up a bit. when i see someone in jogging pants or pajama pants at the mall or anywhere public besides a 30 foot radius from their house (i.e. to get the mail, etc), i will and DO judge them. you dont have to wear a suit everywhere you go, but jesus have some respect for yourself and for civilization.

100% agree. For those who calim they "don't give a fuck", then why aren't you going out in tighty whitey's, and black socks and sandals?

jwslam
03-26-2015, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by timdog

Why do you care that people dress like slobs? And if you think they dress like slobs, isn't that a self esteem booster?

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
100% agree. For those who calim they &quot;don't give a fuck&quot;, then why aren't you going out in tighty whitey's, and black socks and sandals?
Because no shoes no service :(
However, pants optional...hmm...

ExtraSlow
03-26-2015, 03:31 PM

100% agree. For those who calim they &quot;don't give a fuck&quot;, then why aren't you going out in tighty whitey's, and black socks and sandals?
Because of our fucking arctic climate. On warm days in the summer, you can bet your ass I'm wandering around my yard in my underwear.

JRSC00LUDE
03-26-2015, 03:38 PM
I don't know how to answer this now since I wear Zanerobe's sometimes haha. But all out fleece jogging pants, hell no.

As far as people wearing pajama pants out, go for it....you're only degrading yourself. One of the other dads at preschool came waltzing in there with fucking angry bird pajama pants on to take his kid to school. I do not understand the mindset but, if that's where you're at in life then have at it, not my problem. :dunno:

Tik-Tok
03-26-2015, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow

Because of our fucking arctic climate. On warm days in the summer, you can bet your ass I'm wandering around my yard in my underwear.

Your yard isn't "out in public" (well, I guess it might be if you live in a new neighborhood full of two storey homes)

quick_scar
03-26-2015, 03:40 PM
Lululemon pants everyday. because comfort

ExtraSlow
03-26-2015, 03:44 PM

Your yard isn't &quot;out in public&quot; (well, I guess it might be if you live in a new neighborhood full of two storey homes)
My front yard is pretty public.

spikerS
03-26-2015, 03:47 PM

Because I would offend someone and dealing with the police over that, well, I will cover my tighty whities up.

and to Timdog:

But yes, Baygirl bought me a pair of sweatpants. And yes, I fucking love them.

And honestly, go ahead and judge me, because I am not even going to try and look for a fuck to give what you think. You are not my boss, I am not at work, I am on my own time, to hell with anyone who thinks I need to impress a random. I have a beautiful fiancee and an amazing family who loves me (fart jokes and all).

If I have to be in the same public space as you so that you can judge me, I might as well be comfortable while doing it. Every person who would take a second to talk to me, would see past whatever "label" or "trend/style" and have a completely different impression than someone who felt the need to judge me while I grabbed a gallon of milk and a pound of bacon from the grocery store to cook some saturday morning breakfast for my family in my sweatpants. Some people should check out the deep end, instead of spending all their time in the shallow end.

3drian
03-26-2015, 03:59 PM
People always think I am weird since I do not own pajama pants or any sweatspants, so I do not have that problem.
I have seen guys wearing lululemon to pubs and what not and it looks ok I guess.
Even if I had lulus I would never wear them to the mall or a pub, just my personal preference.

on the other hand, pajama pants in public I think is unacceptable, just my personal opinion

Tik-Tok
03-26-2015, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by spikerS

Some people should check out the deep end, instead of spending all their time in the shallow end.

So why did you buy that brand new shiny red truck? You could tow just as much and have just as much room as a 20 year old rust bucket, and with less money you paid, you could have replaced every mechanical piece to make it even more reliable.

And why bother washing it? Runs just as good dirty as it does clean.

spikerS
03-26-2015, 04:18 PM

So why did you buy that brand new shiny red truck? You could tow just as much and have just as much room as a 20 year old rust bucket, and with less money you paid, you could have replaced every mechanical piece to make it even more reliable.

Because I didn't want that hassle. I wanted the new technology the ecoboost presented. I didn't want to spend all that time in the back yard working on it.

JRSC00LUDE
03-26-2015, 04:34 PM

And why bother washing it? Runs just as good dirty as it does clean.

To be fair, a 20 year old truck with everything replaced/redone would impress people way more than a newer Ford! :poosie:

chathamf
03-26-2015, 04:53 PM
I'll wear sweat pants pretty much anywhere I damn please. For those of you judging people based on their sweat pants, don't worry I'm judging you with your gay haircut, tight jeans, and thinking your cool as shit driving round in the beamer your dad bought ya.

kenny
03-26-2015, 04:55 PM
Haha the fashion police, the only form of bullying that is still socially acceptable and practiced by too many people.

HiTempguy1
03-26-2015, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
rarely... usually consists of late night grocery shopping... or if im making an unplanned stop for something on the way home from some sort of physical exercise of sorts (gym, hockey, etc)... but yeah, i like jeans. rarely wear shorts either unless im on vacation/at the lake. pretty rare to see me in them IN calgary

Basically this.

And I do care about the way I look, note I said "I" care. I don't care too much what others think, but I do care.

People who don't are typically fuckin' slobs. So no way to the sweatpants unless as quoted.

As for the "going to the store greasy" that is completely different. There isn't much choice available there. That's the difference between vanity and simply being respectable, you had to get dirty, you aren't going to spend an hour going home to change. But putting on sweatpants just because? Fuck that.

Same with tights. I'm getting sick of that shit as well, most chicks look like slobs in them.

Tik-Tok
03-26-2015, 05:10 PM

Because I didn't want that hassle. I wanted the new technology the ecoboost presented. I didn't want to spend all that time in the back yard working on it.

Backyard? Fuck that, just throw it up on cinder blocks in the front, along with that old washer and dryer, because who gives a fuck, right?

killramos
03-26-2015, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by chathamf
I'll wear sweat pants pretty much anywhere I damn please. For those of you judging people based on their sweat pants, don't worry I'm judging you with your gay haircut, tight jeans, and thinking your cool as shit driving round in the beamer your dad bought ya.

The but hurt is strong with this one :rolleyes:

spikerS
03-26-2015, 05:34 PM

Backyard? Fuck that, just throw it up on cinder blocks in the front, along with that old washer and dryer, because who gives a fuck, right?

Why would I do that? That is why I bought a new truck. And with that truck, I can haul the old washer and drier to the dump.

Why is everyone so obsessed with people that wear sweatpants? Are they knocking on your door preaching their goodness, and promising eternal damnation if you don't wear them?

I am sorry I have offended the masses with my sweatpants!
#sorrynotsorry

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/400x/31914460.jpg

NoPulp
03-26-2015, 05:44 PM
I haven't personally worn sweatpants outside of my house since like middle school.

As for my opinion of other people... I could care less usually. There are people that look fine in sweats, but some people do look like slobs on the other hand.

spikerS
03-26-2015, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by NoPulp

As for my opinion of other people... I could care less usually.

Bingo!

I would have thought that during this economic setback or downturn or whatever you would want to call it, people would have more pressing matters to attend to that what fashion a random person is wearing.

I guess, if it makes people feel better about themselves to degrade those around them because they are not the same...:dunno:

Oh wait, there is another name for that.

Cos
03-26-2015, 05:53 PM

heavyD
03-26-2015, 05:58 PM
First thing in the morning I may wear sweatpants to go to Tim Hortons but I typically don't wear them out of the house. Edmonton is the only place I know where it's socially acceptable to wear sweat pants everywhere. Yoga pants on women that have nice butts are always fine with me though.

know1edge
03-26-2015, 06:48 PM

spikerS
03-26-2015, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by know1edge

You're the one that posted up the pictures making fun of the service advisor in the BMW thread right?

Yes, because of a perceived lack of brains from her, and a moment of bad judgement on my part.

what are you getting at?

GQBalla
03-26-2015, 07:23 PM
Depends what's happening. Am I just doing errands? Am I stopping by a restaurant for dinner?

My casual wear is either jeans and a t shirt, sweats and a t shirt or my gym attire.

No ones ever said anything to me. No one seems to care?

beyond_ban
03-26-2015, 07:40 PM
I wear sweats to grocery shop, get take out food and to the gym all the time. If i am leaving my house to do anything other then those base activities i make sure to make myself look more presentable. I dont care what others think all that much, but i like to take pride in how i look.

I'd love to see some people in this thread wear what they wear in Sweden or most any euro country :rofl: :rofl:

GQBalla
03-26-2015, 07:50 PM
The publics lucky I put on a shirt.

StreetRacerX
03-26-2015, 08:04 PM
I typically only wear jeans or dress pants outside the house, a few years ago I threw on a suit I bought for a friends wedding, I actually found the dress pants comfortable despite it being the middle of summer, since then jeans and dress pants are all I wear with the exception of pajama pants. I only wear pajama pants outside if I'm grabbing something from the garage or taking trash to the bin.

Jlude
03-26-2015, 10:18 PM
You should see how bad I dress most of the time. I've actually had people feel sorry for me because they think I'm down on my luck or something... I probably should work on that. haha

birdman86
03-26-2015, 10:33 PM
I feel like there should be a secondary "do you live in the NE?" question to go with this one :devil:

Disoblige
03-26-2015, 10:37 PM
I would never wear sweatpants in public, but I don't care if others choose to.

If you want to look ugly in public, that's your choice. Not like I'm looking at you anyways.

Even the hottest of girls, they look terrible in sweatpants. Rather look at a girl in a nice pair of jeans, shorts, yoga pants, or skirt :D

Squishy
03-26-2015, 11:23 PM
As a girl, I have to admit fit guys in sweatpants with a fitted t shirt on is eye candy for me haha. Assuming I find them attractive of course.

I wear my lulu pants everywhere but they're not sweats.

Pjs are a no go for me in public.

JRSC00LUDE
03-26-2015, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Squishy
As a girl, I have to admit fit guys in sweatpants with a fitted t shirt on is eye candy for me haha. Assuming they're JRSC00LUDE of course

:bigpimp:

mazdavirgin
03-27-2015, 12:20 AM
I thought sweat pants meant you had given up on life and joined up with the people of wall mart?

AndyL
03-27-2015, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by mazdavirgin
I thought sweat pants meant you had given up on life and joined up with the people of wall mart?

Hey! I resemble that remark!!!

:rofl:

Unknown303
03-27-2015, 05:25 AM
I thought sweatpants were for the homeless..

zipdoa
03-27-2015, 06:43 AM
that feel when your gym clothes are identical to your public clothes... :D

killramos
03-27-2015, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by zipdoa
that feel when your gym clothes are identical to your public clothes... :D

But you still get changed to work out :rofl:

firebane
03-27-2015, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by Squishy
As a girl, I have to admit fit guys in sweatpants with a fitted t shirt on is eye candy for me haha. Assuming I find them attractive of course.

I wear my lulu pants everywhere but they're not sweats.

Pjs are a no go for me in public.

So it has nothing to do with the sweatpants but everything to do with the fitted t-shirt.

And lululemon pants are sweatpants for woman.

Aleks
03-27-2015, 07:49 AM
Euro sweat suits ftw.:rofl:

GQBalla
03-27-2015, 07:57 AM
Actually lets see whats everyone's definition of sweats are.

Mine are either Lululemons are Nike sweats. I guess it's not that bad? just looks like im going to the gym

killramos
03-27-2015, 08:14 AM
I group sweatpants, track pants, yoga pants ( esp on men ) all together as say ultra-casual wear.

None of these groups of clothing do I own. but then again I own very few pairs of regular shorts and mostly wear swim trunks and only if I am going to be swimming ( or playing a sport that requires it) . But that's my choice ( one people apparently judge me for anyways :nut: )

I do think people can wear what they want, I don't really give 2 shits to be honest, but don't pretend like I respect you for your choice to be a slob.

Its human nature to judge people for how they look. Fact. That doesn't mean seeing someone walking around in sweatpants is making a dent in your otherwise sensible day.

I have also had friends who ere perpetually " Going to the gym" and felt the real need to tell you and justify what they were wearing. AKA they were embarrassed about their sweats and knew it wasn't appropriate :dunno: . Most of these people were cross fitters :rofl:

mr2mike
03-27-2015, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Unknown303
I thought sweatpants were for the homeless..
I thought sweatpants were for lap dances at the US rippers..

Chicks wearing PJ pants... whole other story.:barf:

Mitsu3000gt
03-27-2015, 08:39 AM
I go to the store all the time on my way home from the gym because I drive right by it, and so I'm in sweat pants. I couldn't possibly care less about being in sweat pants for the 20 minutes I'm in Safeway, or if someone else is :dunno: I'm not going to drive home and change first so that when someone looks at me they see I'm not in sweatpants haha. Who cares!

Sugarphreak
03-27-2015, 08:52 AM

firebane
03-27-2015, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by GQBalla
Actually lets see whats everyone's definition of sweats are.

Mine are either Lululemons are Nike sweats. I guess it's not that bad? just looks like im going to the gym

Sweatpants are exactly that. Cotton pants for men and lululemon pants for woman.

Men should not be wearing lululemon clothing at all. I will judge you quickly and one thing comes to mind when I see that.

zipdoa
03-27-2015, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by firebane
So it has nothing to do with the sweatpants but everything to do with the fitted t-shirt.

And lululemon pants are sweatpants for woman.

I'm laughing at all the haters... Although I'd be preoccupied with my clothing if I felt like I was polishing a turd :nut:

Men should not be wearing lululemon clothing at all. I will judge you quickly and one thing comes to mind when I see that.

lmao, what's that? whose this tall phaggot fixing my computer at bankers hall? and why does he look so god damn comfortable?

Cos
03-27-2015, 09:25 AM

bjstare
03-27-2015, 09:29 AM

Sweatpants are exactly that. Cotton pants for men and lululemon pants for woman.

You've clearly never worn anything from lululemon then. And for the record, I only wear it when at the gym/playing squash/lying around the house, but jesus it's awesome (albeit overpriced) stuff.

JRSC00LUDE
03-27-2015, 09:30 AM
My definition of sweatpant is limited solely to fleece pants/pajama pants.

Nothing wrong with lulu's haha, although I don't have any. I wouldn't wear them to dinner but I would have no issue wearing them out on a Saturday afternoon for pints. You can be casual without being a slob.

lasimmon
03-27-2015, 09:38 AM
I wear whatever the hell I feel like. I could care less if people judge me.

Now, if I am going somewhere like out for dinner yes I will put on more proper clothes (jeans at least).

Sugarphreak
03-27-2015, 09:45 AM

Cos
03-27-2015, 09:53 AM

Swank
03-27-2015, 09:54 AM
I have no problem with lulu's on most women

http://www3.telus.net/cyberknight/Misc/LuluToe.jpg

Tik-Tok
03-27-2015, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Cos

I don't think anyone in this thread is talking about a nice store though.
and just for you Phreak, this is what I am doing and posting from this morning. LOL:

]

Well the question was "out of the house" which would include a nice store, and apparently most people "could care less" about what others think of them, so you have to assume they'll be proud to go anywhere with sweats on.

Cos
03-27-2015, 10:00 AM

Tik-Tok
03-27-2015, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Cos

I'd hope no one tries to go into Holt or a jewelery store in even a 'nice' pair of sweats.

Well geez Cos, get your head out of the shallow end, and stop judging other people.

ZenOps
03-27-2015, 10:11 AM
White people for the longest time, used to wear a hat of some sort even indoors. If you were rich, a tophat of silk or beaver. Nowadays, its mostly considered to be rude to wear one in public, especially crowded public areas.

I grew up with MChammer, so its pretty normal to see as are lululemon yoga outfits.

otCpCn0l4Wo

I know plenty of people who get angry when I wear a green or brown dresshirt in the style of Chinese army (without tie).. White people really tend to associate it with Vietcong and Gestapo era. I hate plain white dressshirts however.

As for colours:

Brown shirt on a white guy can be problematic.
Green shirt on an asian can be problematic.
Orange shirt on anyone can be problematic.
Pink shirt on male unless its cancer week, can be problematic.
Plaid, problematic everywhere but Calgary on stampede week.

Brass buttons tend to piss off some warvets, but not if you are white?

To maximize offensiveness (to people that probably shouldn't be offended) I used to specifically wear green shirts with brass buttons while wearing shorts, and black socks with thong shoes, I still do.

If you want to offend Rob Anders, just wear a standard school uniform from any of two dozen Asian countries. BTW: I say that the US navy stole the design of the Asian schoolgirl uniform, and that they US navy should pay patent rights to the Chinese for design theft. Although there is no colour photographic proof, there are most definitely actual uniforms that can be carbon dated.

I'm not exactly sure why the navy standardized on the Asian schoolgirl uniform (Mako from Kill la Kill)... Someone really should do a thesis on it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/9895102/26400-Chinese-school-children-in-toxic-uniform-scare.html

Cos
03-27-2015, 10:14 AM

timdog
03-27-2015, 10:24 AM

and to Timdog:

But yes, Baygirl bought me a pair of sweatpants. And yes, I fucking love them.

And honestly, go ahead and judge me, because I am not even going to try and look for a fuck to give what you think. You are not my boss, I am not at work, I am on my own time, to hell with anyone who thinks I need to impress a random. I have a beautiful fiancee and an amazing family who loves me (fart jokes and all).

If I have to be in the same public space as you so that you can judge me, I might as well be comfortable while doing it. Every person who would take a second to talk to me, would see past whatever &quot;label&quot; or &quot;trend/style&quot; and have a completely different impression than someone who felt the need to judge me while I grabbed a gallon of milk and a pound of bacon from the grocery store to cook some saturday morning breakfast for my family in my sweatpants. Some people should check out the deep end, instead of spending all their time in the shallow end.

I'm not focused in on your and your sweatpants, worrying about it all day. if i see you, i'll judge you silently, maybe roll my eyes and carry on about my business. it has nothing to do with assuming anything negative about your character other than the fact that you give such little shit that you wear sweatpants in public. i make no other assumptions. you are probably a great guy. i'm happy for you that you have such a great life. i just personally think it's good to have a bit of healthy respect for what others in public think of you.

Black Gts
03-27-2015, 10:27 AM
I do most of my shopping after work, dirty. Usually have to flag down a salesman when I find what I want, but they leave me alone while I do what I need, it's awesome.

spikerS
03-27-2015, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Cos

See and I took it the other way, I took it that the OP was upset to see people even in their front yard in sweats. I'd hope no one tries to go into Holt or a jewelery store in even a 'nice' pair of sweats.

That's exactly how I took it too. That if you ever wore sweatpants you were less of a person and should have more "respect" for yourself because others are judging you.

killramos
03-27-2015, 10:36 AM
So it appears that the wearing of sweatpants is as polarized a topic as do you wipe standing or sitting down?

Sugarphreak
03-27-2015, 10:45 AM

jwslam
03-27-2015, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Cos
See and I took it the other way, I took it that the OP was upset to see people even in their front yard in sweats. I'd hope no one tries to go into Holt or a jewelery store in even a 'nice' pair of sweats.
On the contrary I really don't care what you wear because I'll wear what I wear.

FYI the only sweats I wear in public are Lululemon. The only Jeans I own are all sub $40 mostly from Old Navy. So you're saying it's more acceptable to wear my $20 Old Navy jeans into Holt rather than my $99 Lulu's...?

Tik-Tok
03-27-2015, 10:49 AM
Unless you look like this... then yes.

http://i.imgur.com/AwVVfEM.jpg

Cos
03-27-2015, 10:53 AM

Sugarphreak
03-27-2015, 10:55 AM

firebane
03-27-2015, 10:55 AM
Unless you look like this... then yes.

http://i.imgur.com/AwVVfEM.jpg

http://s3.amazonaws.com/inarticles/e5fea0905c57621be17eaaa8258f4946.jpg

Tik-Tok
03-27-2015, 10:59 AM
^^ Stay out of wal-mart and go hang out at Aspen Landing :rofl:

zipdoa
03-27-2015, 11:02 AM
^^ Stay out of wal-mart and go hang out at Aspen Landing :rofl:

I'm getting the feeling that firebane is a grumpy 40-year old fat dude.

firebane
03-27-2015, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by zipdoa

I'm getting the feeling that firebane is a grumpy 40-year old fat dude.

Grumpy.. check.. Almost 40... but not old and fat hahaha. :D

gqmw
03-27-2015, 11:59 AM
I wear lulus sometimes. Usually when I'm lazy and I'm just running a few errands or if I'm going somewhere after the gym I usually just stick with the sweats (since it's later in the evening by then anyways).

Hallowed_point
03-27-2015, 02:54 PM
Regular grey/black sweatpants are one thing..those white trash SOA skull pajama pants are another. Any decorative cartoon pajama pant shouldn't be worn out in public. At least, not outside of Walmart..haha. If I'm working on a car I have no problem wearing normal sweat pants in public. Lulu sweats in public as well..they are pretty non offensive.

mr2mike
03-27-2015, 03:36 PM
I'll wear old jeans or coveralls when working on cars. Not sure why you'd need sweats to work on a car. Find that they prevent nothing when it comes to getting cuts and bruises.

mazdavirgin
03-27-2015, 04:34 PM
I like the contrast between threads at the moment. We have one thread on 40k tourbillon watches and then this train wreck on sweat pants. :rofl:

Tik-Tok
03-27-2015, 04:56 PM
Well, this forum had a lot of Chinese and Eastern Bloc... High end jewellery and track pants go together in those parts of the world :rofl:

rob the knob
03-27-2015, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Cos

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z455/thecosworth/Mobile%20Uploads/20150327_095138_zps8dbqecxl.jpg

do you guys where pajamas?

its cold here yes, i like to wear only my underwear most times. i like jockey type, in winter i will switch to boxers
no pajamas. seems like canadian lumberjack thing, flannel pajamas.

those sandals. i got made fun of those before, so no more for me. haha.

CompletelyNumb
03-27-2015, 10:10 PM
I have no problem wearing them in public. And I'm far too handsome to worry about upsetting people like tiktok :poosie:

btimbit
03-27-2015, 10:44 PM
I can count on one hand the amount of times I've went out in sweatpants. It just doesn't feel right.

But I don't give a shit if others do.

Pajama pants on the other hand:banghead: Anyone that is in public in pajama pants automatically looks like a crackhead. Like a Forest Lawn-er who left their trailer long enough to go buy ciggarette's

Skidro
03-28-2015, 08:15 AM
Love wearing sweat pants in public, one time they even let me into roadhouse in Armani sweats! Woooo

MrSector9
03-28-2015, 08:57 AM
wore them one time in jr high, got "pants'd" dick out and all.... never wore them again

chathamf
03-28-2015, 09:56 AM
What's everyone fav sweat pants lately? Looking for some new comfy pairs. Good recommendations as well!

beyond_ban
03-28-2015, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by MrSector9
wore them one time in jr high, got &quot;pants'd&quot; dick out and all.... never wore them again

Small dick?

revelations
03-28-2015, 05:37 PM
I wear sweat pants for .... sweating? (hiking, jogging in the winter)

Nismorphed
03-28-2015, 06:27 PM
I wear sweatpants out all the time, not the ones with the elastic bottoms and white socks but lulu style. I could care less what people think.

firebane
03-28-2015, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Nismorphed
I wear sweatpants out all the time, not the ones with the elastic bottoms and white socks but lulu style. I could care less what people think.

You do know "lulu" style pants for men have existed for a very long time right? People would just rather pay $80-100 for a pair of pants like that then spend $20-30.

Disoblige
03-28-2015, 06:58 PM

You do know &quot;lulu&quot; style pants for men have existed for a very long time right? People would just rather pay $80-100 for a pair of pants like that then spend $20-30.
Are you guys talking style or performance as well?
I hate Lululemon and I would not be caught dead in anything of theirs, but you cannot compare their quality/durability for something that's $20-30.

Nismorphed
03-28-2015, 07:26 PM
I know they have, I buy joe fresh ones for 36 bucks